MBB Indiana at Arkansas

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

MBB Indiana at Arkansas

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:00 pm

So our next opponent on this current road trip from hell is the Arkansas Razorbacks. Right now on ESPN, Indiana is losing to Arkansas by about 10 in the second half. We lost to Indiana by 45. :(

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB Indiana at Arkansas

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Arkansas wins 73-72. Lord help us.

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Reasonably assuming that the Bobcats lose the rest of their non-conference games, I have a sense of dread that if the conference schedule starts badly for the Bobcats, Coach Fish will "lose" the team, the season will be lost, Coach Fish will be gone, the Bobcats will lose several current players and future player commitments, and the Bobcats will hit rock bottom before May 1st. In other words, I am dreading that the 2018-2019 season will be a slow-motion car wreck.

Is there anybody out there who can talk me off the ledge? :(

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:42 pm

The team might benefit from a reboot. No disrespect to Fish, but the team isn’t performing well. It might be time for a new direction. The program belongs to Fish and the results are 100% his now. All the players are his and he has to accept that we live in a results oriented culture. You can win at Montana State. You just need to recruit the right players and put in the right system. If you can have a winning program in Missoula........ you can have a winning program in Bozeman.

MSmith1968
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MSmith1968 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Well, they are not suppose to win at Indiana and Arkansas, but it would be nice to see them come out and compete. The non-conference schedule is tough and even tougher with 7-8 new guys that makes it even tougher. There always seems to be a big turn over of players which is not good for any program. It makes me feel bad for veterans that stuck it out with Fish. Hopefully, they ride out this non-conference schedule and are able to stay together as a team for conference play. All is not lost if Fish gets it together and gets gone!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:15 am

My guess is that MSU is probably a middle of the pack team once they get into Big Sky play, so the losses against a tough non-conference schedule so far aren't too relevant to me. The Utah State blowout was concerning at the time, but they're now 5-0 and their closest game was a 17-point win over perennial WCC 2nd place and NCAA Bubble Team Saint Mary's.

Ultimately, I don't see how Fish survives another disappointing year with the laughably predictable annual first-round Tournament loss. If he can't get it done with a full four years of one of the best, if not the best player to ever wear a Bobcat uniform, who was followed by another Freshman of the Year who's now a Junior, it's likely never going to happen with him.