Cat-Griz

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Cat-Griz

Post by Catfanatic84 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:43 am

Hoping the Brick will be packed....we need big games from the Cats "Big Three".....Hall, Frey and Blevins to pull this one out. Griz are playing well....what do you think? Can the Cats put up a victory?

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Cat-Griz

Post by wapiti » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:05 am

I fell as though the griz are favored in this one. Even on the road the griz are winning and against better teams than the Cats.

Being the game is here in Bozeman the Cats do have a chance. I just have no idea what that chance is.

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:34 am

It appears that the last couple games our guys cannot get into any offensive flow. I hear about defense a lot lately, and that is of course important, but when we have the ball it appears we cannot execute at all. Opposing teams have learned how to play Tyler to keep him from getting clean looks. If he doesn't have at least 20 we will lose, but we need two other players to score similarly, probably Harald and then who knows, but we will need to score to beat the griz. imho.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 am

We have shown in the past that we can guard their perimeter players and Krslovich, but we have no answer for Akoh.

2024 Resume dominance

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:21 pm

Griz are playing as good or better as they have been in a LONG time... they have a very talented team, and have been on a roll. The Cats on the other hand... ummmmm ](*,)

Similar to every team we have played or will play this year, the Griz big guys are gonna destroy the cats. I'm sure Akoh is looking forward to this one...

Gonna need one of those performances from Tyler Hall, where he gets hot and can't miss from anywhere, and drops like 45. Home crowd will help of course.....

FTG- GO CATS GO!

peauxrouge
New Recruit

Post by peauxrouge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Anyone have any tickets to this one in the lower sections? I am looking for four together. Thanks.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 pm

msu_agfan wrote:It appears that the last couple games our guys cannot get into any offensive flow. I hear about defense a lot lately, and that is of course important, but when we have the ball it appears we cannot execute at all. Opposing teams have learned how to play Tyler to keep him from getting clean looks. If he doesn't have at least 20 we will lose, but we need two other players to score similarly, probably Harald and then who knows, but we will need to score to beat the griz. imho.
Agreed. Is it just me, or does it seem like Tyler is getting stuck on an island and being forced to go one-on-one (or one-on-two) and totally make his own shot? Off-ball and on-ball screens a good idea to help him out? Spring him open, let him drop it?

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:09 pm

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsVoice/status/953667610851262465 Pretty much it's Jay Sanderson lobbing soft balls and Fish hitting them out of the park. They make it sound like a play here or play there and the games this past weekend could have gone the other way instead of a cumulative 38 point blowout.
On the women's side, Hannah Caudill sounds like she's going to be a coach someday.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Cat-Griz

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:52 pm

wapiti wrote:I fell as though the griz are favored in this one. Even on the road the griz are winning and against better teams than the Cats.

Being the game is here in Bozeman the Cats do have a chance. I just have no idea what that chance is.
The Massey Ratings give probabilities for teams to win, and do factor in home court advantage. Cats have a 31% chance to win, but the margin is pretty small — just +5.5 points. The only teams the other team has beaten that have winning records are Northern Colorado and Portland State.

wapiti

Post by wapiti » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:42 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote: On the women's side, Hannah Caudill sounds like she's going to be a coach someday.
I agree with this but with Delaney Junkermier. Is that who you meant?

http://www.montanasports.com/2018/01/17 ... nal-season

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:00 am

New-look women's rivals square off in Bozeman on Saturday
https://skylinesportsmt.com/new-look-ri ... -saturday/
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

wapiti wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote: On the women's side, Hannah Caudill sounds like she's going to be a coach someday.

No, I was referring to Hannah's comments on the Cat Chat link I posted. They sounded very coach-like.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:54 pm

‪Frey, Bobcats look to rebound against surging Griz - https://skylinesportsmt.com/frey-bobcat ... ging-griz/

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:02 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
wapiti wrote:

No, I was referring to Hannah's comments on the Cat Chat link I posted. They sounded very coach-like.
Last time I spoke with Delaney (last week) she still was working at the Bozeman Lodge, pursuing her Community Health Degree, and looking towards a possible Nursing Degree to complement her Community Health Degree. Guess things can change but that is what she said.

BobcatFan68
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatFan68 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:57 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
msu_agfan wrote:It appears that the last couple games our guys cannot get into any offensive flow. I hear about defense a lot lately, and that is of course important, but when we have the ball it appears we cannot execute at all. Opposing teams have learned how to play Tyler to keep him from getting clean looks. If he doesn't have at least 20 we will lose, but we need two other players to score similarly, probably Harald and then who knows, but we will need to score to beat the griz. imho.
Agreed. Is it just me, or does it seem like Tyler is getting stuck on an island and being forced to go one-on-one (or one-on-two) and totally make his own shot? Off-ball and on-ball screens a good idea to help him out? Spring him open, let him drop it?
I agree, it seems like last year they ran more plays for him coming off screens. This year even when he is being face guarded he is expected to get his own shot. It's a lonely place on that Island with no help. He also started with the ball more last year which relieves some of that pressure. They did seem to do that a little more last game and he scored going to the basket but by that time it was to late.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:17 pm

BobcatFan68 wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
I agree, it seems like last year they ran more plays for him coming off screens. This year even when he is being face guarded he is expected to get his own shot. It's a lonely place on that Island with no help. He also started with the ball more last year which relieves some of that pressure. They did seem to do that a little more last game and he scored going to the basket but by that time it was to late.

Poor ball movement in general, poor movement away from the ball have both become systemic the last couple years. Simple basics of coming to meet passes another problem.
Hopefully we shoot well. Need the wins.

missoula community college sucks.

GO CATS!!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:35 am

https://twitter.com/BarstoolBobcats/status/954769073740509184

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Guess it's a sell out. Cats doing well - leading most of the first half. Made an adjustment to keep the ball from going inside to the griz big man and have led since. Wish Hall was shooting more. They need to work to get him shots.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

BroncoCat

Post by BroncoCat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 pm

Tv broadcast?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Officiating is mediocre... Sure would like to see a replay of that backcourt call?????.
So far very surprised.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.