Incoming point guard

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Incoming point guard

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:59 am

Found this video today. Harald played great in this recent championship game- he had 33 points, and shot 6/6 from 3 pt land in the first period.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

SonomaCat

Re: Incoming point guard

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:45 pm

Great range -- quick release ... it's clear that the competition isn't college level, but he sure looks like he could be a good one from those highlights.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:31 pm

SonomaCat wrote:Great range -- quick release ... it's clear that the competition isn't college level, but he sure looks like he could be a good one from those highlights.
His biggest hurdle will be strength and defense, but I'm glad the offense is already there...especially that quick release.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:10 pm

The international three point line is deeper than the NCAA's and some of those shots are well behind the line. His release almost looks Steph Curry-esque. But he will be guarded a lot better in the Big Sky-especially if he hits a few. And the real unknown...can he play defense? I'm excited to see what this kid can do.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Just looked, but can anyone find highlights from the Pro team he played with?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:55 pm

Here is the closest I can get you. This is from the quarter Finals game of the championship tourney. Frey plays for Centrum who are in the red uni's. He is wearing #3 in this video. The problem with this video is that it mainly focuses on the interior. At about the 45 second mark there is video of a nice drop back push shot from Frey from about 14 feet. You see quite a few long range shots going in for Centrum but you never see who shoots them. There are quite a few shots of Frey as he plays defense and rebounds. He is not as skinny as I thought, still will need to put on a few pounds in the weight room.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:08 pm

Ok here is a video with a little more Frey, but it again is mostly under the basket, and apprears to be shot by the same guy as they are playing the same team as the other video. In this video Centrum and Frey are wearing white. You can see hime through-out the video but key points to look for are at the following time:

0:45
1:15
2:20
4:35
5:40
5:50

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:37 am

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sp ... user-share

Sounds like Harald is looking to be the starting point guard. Great! Interesting article as well, thanks Parker.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:41 am

This is a great article and am getting very excited for basketball season to get under way. To replace Marcus, I thought would be the toughest position to replace but it does seem Frey brings a different type of style but may be able to handle it. I guess we will see but I am ready for November 4th to get here. I do get that is just an exhibition but I am looking forward to seeing this team play.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:07 pm

msu_agfan wrote:http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sp ... user-share

Sounds like Harald is looking to be the starting point guard. Great! Interesting article as well, thanks Parker.
Nice article. Sounds like a fun and interesting winter.

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:05 am

I chatted with Coach Fish yesterday for a while and he is excited about what Harald will bring to the team. The fact that he played against men for the past few years will give him an advantage coming in this year. He won't be shocked by the level of competition he is going to face. I am getting excited for basketball season. (When was the last time a guy could say that about our Bobcats?)

-Elias P. Harmon-

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:26 am

profisme wrote:I chatted with Coach Fish yesterday for a while and he is excited about what Harald will bring to the team. The fact that he played against men for the past few years will give him an advantage coming in this year. He won't be shocked by the level of competition he is going to face. I am getting excited for basketball season. (When was the last time a guy could say that about our Bobcats?)
I said it yesterday! and the day before that. and the day before that. and the day before that. and the day before that.

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:38 am

I also am excited for basketball season to begin! I am excited to see this team play, I have a feeling they will be very competitive and seems they are even more athletic than they were last year, as they added more athleticism and length. Who doesn't love Bobcat Basketball!! I know I do!!

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:05 pm

mslacat wrote:
profisme wrote:I chatted with Coach Fish yesterday for a while and he is excited about what Harald will bring to the team. The fact that he played against men for the past few years will give him an advantage coming in this year. He won't be shocked by the level of competition he is going to face. I am getting excited for basketball season. (When was the last time a guy could say that about our Bobcats?)
I said it yesterday! and the day before that. and the day before that. and the day before that. and the day before that.
Hahahaha. Fair enough. I meant prior to this (maybe last) year.

-Elias P. Harmon-

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:12 pm

profisme wrote:
mslacat wrote:
Hahahaha. Fair enough. I meant prior to this (maybe last) year.
I'm in on the excitement, think if the interior transfers can amount to any sort of production, and/or Kirby can give 10-12 minutes, we'll have a chance to hang around those top teams for awhile for sure. Like you said, it's exciting, because a person would think with a few breaks you could climb a bit from there even. Can't wait!