Howard to EWU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Howard to EWU

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:07 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
“The coaching staff as a whole, I just got along with them and what they want to do and I how I fit into their scheme,” Howard said. “That’s what kind of decided it for me.”
http://www.montanasports.com/2016/09/14 ... MTN_Sports
Well, it sure as sh*t wasn't the stellar academics at EWU. Hope he's pretty good at basketball, because that "degree" he gets from Eastern won't do much for him after he graduates.

GO CATS GO!!!

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Judging from comments made at the time I believe the family was not happy with the way Huse handled his brother while he was a Cat, but with a change in coaches I really thought Brendan was a slam dunk for us and losing him to a second-rate academic school like EWU is unreal. He's an excellent student and after seeing him play several times I may have gone overboard on rating him the best In Montana in 20 years but some of the ones posters have listed as better couldn't carry his jock!!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Could have been anything. Mostly I think he likes the way EWU plays rather than the Bobcats. Maybe he wants to play more deliberately rather than up and down. Maybe he found a curriculum he likes that he couldn't get at MSU. Good luck Brendan...don't expect open arms in Bozeman!

2024 Resume dominance

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:35 pm

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I mean EWU? C'mon man! Almost up there with UM as far as my program disdain goes.

](*,)

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:45 pm

He must have chose EWU because of their superior academics!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a fKcing terrible decision. If not the cats then at least go to a decent school!.... At least he gets to live in beautiful Cheney!

What is he thinking!?!?!?!?!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:39 am

I'm fairly new here, but am I the only one who does view EWU as a good basketball program? They seem to have a life and vigor to them that I hope we also are heading towards.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:07 am

msu_agfan wrote:I'm fairly new here, but am I the only one who does view EWU as a good basketball program? They seem to have a life and vigor to them that I hope we also are heading towards.
I agree they are a good and getting better Big Sky Basketball tream and they did a GREAT job recruiting Howard!

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:28 am

mslacat wrote:
msu_agfan wrote:I'm fairly new here, but am I the only one who does view EWU as a good basketball program? They seem to have a life and vigor to them that I hope we also are heading towards.
I agree they are a good and getting better Big Sky Basketball tream and they did a GREAT job recruiting Howard!

:lol: Good one. I also think we need to be a little more honest here, most of our players are university studies majors last time I looked. They are not all trying to become Rocket Scientists. *edit* I don't think there is anything wrong with that either.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

jsb
New Recruit

Post by jsb » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:58 pm

desmond1957 wrote:You have GOT TO BE KIDDING!!! After pursuing him since about the 8th grade he spurns his folks heritage and GOES TO EASTERN??? Jesus Christ!!! Probably the best MONTANA BB PLAYER in the last 20 YEARS and he commits to an out of state school in the same conference!!!!!! I give up!!!
This literally made me chuckle :) I wish Howard the best of luck at EWU, but thinking he is anywhere near the top in the past 20 years is borderline insanity. Tres TInkle and Josh Huestis are obvious choices but there are many many others. He's not even the best in his graduating year: Rayquan Evans from Skyview is.

desmond1957

Post by desmond1957 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:10 am

While you're chuckling maybe you can tell me why Howard as a junior won the Gatorade award and Evans didn't?????

jsb
New Recruit

Post by jsb » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:39 pm

I was a little surprised Howard won GPOY. Evans and Howard are two completely different styles of player. Evans does have two state titles to his credit and Skyview will be a huge favorite to win another this year. If I had to choose between the two, I'd take Evans. With that said, I'd like Howard on my team too based off of his relentless work and his intangibles. I wish both of them success!
Last edited by jsb on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:21 pm

Curious, but I am sure mslacat can answer this, but how hard did UM recruit Howard?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:25 pm

RationalGriz wrote:Curious, but I am sure mslacat can answer this, but how hard did UM recruit Howard?
According to the Great Falls Tribune article, UM never offered Howard a scholarship.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Boo. :thumbdown:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:06 pm

MSU01 wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:Curious, but I am sure mslacat can answer this, but how hard did UM recruit Howard?
According to the Great Falls Tribune article, UM never offered Howard a scholarship.
They probably assumed that MSU had him pretty much locked up, just like all of us did.