Men vs. NAU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Men vs. NAU

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:00 pm

Colter tweeted that the NCAA record for made 3's is 28... Cats had 26, pretty crazy

FTG- GO CATS GO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:05 pm

The Boys struggled to miss shots tonight. A lot of them just were going in....

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:45 pm

That previous post about sums it up. It was crazy. Heck Neumann was 5-5 from three point land and he's hit 3 in all the games previous I believe. Obviously, we Bobcat fans have never seen anything like that-as they obliterated the school record. At one point we had 32 points...30 of those points were from behind the 3-point line. I wish they could do that against the griz...or do that in the Big Sky tourney.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:13 pm

My wife said a starter got hurt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:22 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:My wife said a starter got hurt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Shy Blake appeared to suffer a knee injury early in the game. Coach said in the post game show he might be done for the season. Not good news for a team that is very, very thin on the inside to begin with.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:41 pm

So far not bad in February...

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:09 am

Bobcats shatter Big Sky record with 25 3-pointers in rout of NAU
http://skylinesportsmt.com/bobcats-rout-nau/

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:16 am

Cats got a cool highlight spot on SportsCenter tonight:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?categoryI ... d=14764460

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:11 am

mslacatfan wrote:Colter tweeted that the NCAA record for made 3's is 28... Cats had 26, pretty crazy
Cats had 25. When Troy set the record in 1994 they attempted 78! The Cats only attempted 44.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:41 am

CatBlitz wrote:Cats got a cool highlight spot on SportsCenter tonight:

That's Awesome! I love how the announcer mentions Spectators. It would have been cool to be sitting at Spectators watching sportscenter when that came on.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:03 am

So in the last two college basketball games played at the Fieldhouse, the Sac State women tied their own single game NCAA record with 25 made 3-pointers and the MSU men set the NCAA season high for 3-pointers in a game with 25 of their own. If you combine the MSU men's 25 for 43 shooting last night with the MSU women's 9 for 11 shooting on Saturday against Sac State, the MSU teams are 34 for 54 from behind the arc for a fairly decent 63% shooting percentage the last two games. Also, the Sac State women and MSU men combined to score 200 points, of which 150 of those points came on 3-pointers.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:46 am

MSU01 wrote:So in the last two college basketball games played at the Fieldhouse, the Sac State women tied their own single game NCAA record with 25 made 3-pointers and the MSU men set the NCAA season high for 3-pointers in a game with 25 of their own. If you combine the MSU men's 25 for 43 shooting last night with the MSU women's 9 for 11 shooting on Saturday against Sac State, the MSU teams are 34 for 54 from behind the arc for a fairly decent 63% shooting percentage the last two games. Also, the Sac State women and MSU men combined to score 200 points, of which 150 of those points came on 3-pointers.
What did they do to the Fieldhouse to suddenly make it a shooter's gym? Whenever I played there I couldn't hit anything!

I think this is why we watch sports. It's the complete random chance that you could see something amazing. To think that of all the Big Sky teams that have come before since the advent of the three point line, it's this bunch of Montana State players, on a rebuilding project of a team, that goes and obliterates the record. And you consider that one of our most prolific gunners, Marcus Colbert, only has 1 three pointer-the whole thing is so improbable. I felt sorry for NAU. There was just nothing they could do about it.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:55 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:So in the last two college basketball games played at the Fieldhouse, the Sac State women tied their own single game NCAA record with 25 made 3-pointers and the MSU men set the NCAA season high for 3-pointers in a game with 25 of their own. If you combine the MSU men's 25 for 43 shooting last night with the MSU women's 9 for 11 shooting on Saturday against Sac State, the MSU teams are 34 for 54 from behind the arc for a fairly decent 63% shooting percentage the last two games. Also, the Sac State women and MSU men combined to score 200 points, of which 150 of those points came on 3-pointers.
What did they do to the Fieldhouse to suddenly make it a shooter's gym? Whenever I played there I couldn't hit anything!

I think this is why we watch sports. It's the complete random chance that you could see something amazing. To think that of all the Big Sky teams that have come before since the advent of the three point line, it's this bunch of Montana State players, on a rebuilding project of a team, that goes and obliterates the record. And you consider that one of our most prolific gunners, Marcus Colbert, only has 1 three pointer-the whole thing is so improbable. I felt sorry for NAU. There was just nothing they could do about it.
yeah, it was fun to watch! Although the cats could not miss, NAU's defense was TERRRRRIBLE. Holy cow, you would think that after the 10th or 15th 3 pointer made in a row, that they would start to defend the 3pt line... I could not believe how many wide open 3 point shots the Bobcats continued to have throughout the night.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:29 pm

mslacatfan wrote:

That's Awesome! I love how the announcer mentions Spectators. It would have been cool to be sitting at Spectators watching sportscenter when that came on.
Neal was up in Bozeman a couple summers ago. He's friends with Fish. He did a meet and greet. The money Neal was paid, he turned around and donated it back to the basketball program. After all was said and done, Neal headed over to Spec's and enjoyed some ice cold ones. They closed it down. My guy of dude.

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:37 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

Neal was up in Bozeman a couple summers ago. He's friends with Fish. He did a meet and greet. The money Neal was paid, he turned around and donated it back to the basketball program. After all was said and done, Neal headed over to Spec's and enjoyed some ice cold ones. They closed it down. My guy of dude.
Yeah, that was this last summer. Two years ago, Fish brought in Doug Gottlieb. Both pretty fun guys to chat with, IMO.

-Elias P. Harmon-

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:38 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

Awesome story!...He is now my favorite SportsCenter anchor! =D^ =D^

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:10 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

Sad I missed that.
I assume he knows Fish because he attended UO and has his connectIons here in Eugene. Pretty cool that that's overlapped to Bozeman.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.