2016 offers

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

2016 offers

Post by msu_agfan » Wed May 06, 2015 9:46 am

MSU has handed out two offers to Point Guards the past week or so. The first , from Canada, proceeded to commit to a college in the Northeast. We then offered Malachi Flynn, a 6'1 point guard. He is from Tacoma, WA. He is listed online as 5'8", but it seems he has had a recent growth spurt. I do not know much more about him, except that his dad is Eric Flynn. For some reason, that rings a bell but that is all.... can't even google who that is right now. It is my Monday, so maybe my mind hasn't woke up yet. Malachi received an offer from Cal Poly not too long ago. They also have offered 3 other 3 star point guards. Malachi is listed as a 2 star on Verbal commits.

Last edited by msu_agfan on Wed May 06, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2016 offers

Post by wbtfg » Wed May 06, 2015 10:15 am

msu_agfan wrote:MSU has handed out two offers to Point Guards the past week or so. The first , from Canada, proceeded to commit to a college in the Northeast. We then offered Malachi Flynn, a 6'1 point guard. He is from Tacoma, WA. He is listed online as 5'8", but it seems he has had a recent growth spurt. I do not know much more about him, except that his dad is Eric Flynn. For some reason, that rings a bell but that is all.... can't even google who that is right now. It is my Monday, so maybe my mind hasn't woke up yet. Malachi received an offer from Cal Poly not too long ago. They also have offered 3 other 3 star point guards. Malachi is listed as a 2 star on Verbal commits.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/12/1 ... -town.html

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Wed May 06, 2015 12:06 pm

Here's a video that shows some highlights of Malachi (#3 white) and his team Bellarmine Prep in a loss 4 months ago.

[youtube][/youtube]

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu May 07, 2015 5:04 pm

The 2016 recruit I'm most interested in is Kavell Bigby-Williams. Has anyone heard anything about him?

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu May 07, 2015 5:08 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:The 2016 recruit I'm most interested in is Kavell Bigby-Williams. Has anyone heard anything about him?
Yes, also have been curious.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri May 08, 2015 10:31 am

With the exception of Bigby-Williams I hope the coaching staff starts transitioning to a high school recruiting base with an occasional JC player. I would like to see a typical recruiting class to be 3-4 high school kids and 1 JC player. I am not against JC players I think they are a good way to bring some competition for upper classmen in to the program, but High school players spending 4-5 years moving through the program really help build a tradition, team oriented play and help develop the fan base by having familiar faces returning each year. I also understand why Fish went out and loaded up on 5 JC this year, the team stunk and needed to be turned around quickly, but now it would be nice to start transitioning.

Here are some other names of guys we have either offered or are looking at.

Offers:

Jalen McDaniels 6-8 sf/pf Federal Way HS Seattle Washington From the 2016 class this is a kid the coaches have been working on the longest and maybe the hardest. MSU was the first D-1 school to officially offer him and he now also owns an offer from Boise State, but recently has been getting a lot of attention from the Oregon and Washington Pac-10 schools and his stock is rising. I think the coaches are hoping they can get in on this kid before his recruiting blows up. What makes him intriguing id that he was previously considered a tweener. A 6-6ish player who can play a little bit at the small forward but might be a natural under sized power forward. Since then he has grown a couple inches and has developed an outside shot and improved his ball handling. He now maybe a legit small forward and with the size to play inside. Currently I have seen him listed from 6-7 to 6-9. If his stock rises too much over the summer we may not have a shot at him. He is good friends with Bobcat Madrell Worthy so maybe we can get some help there.

Dikymbe Martina 6-1 PG from John W. North in California was offered recently. A three star prospect with offered from Lehigh, New Mexico State. UC Riverside, Cal Fulerton, and U of Charlotte

Christian Ellis 6-1 PG Modesto HS in California. ESPN Rating 60 Montana State is his first offer

Jashaun Agosto 5-9 PG from Garfield HS SEattle ESPN rating 79. Portland and Montana State have offered. 3-4 schools showing strong interest.

Interest:

Ade Lamu 6-3 pg/sg from St. Croix Lutheran HS in Minnesota. Vermont offer

Dmitri Reaves 6'4 PG from Oley, Central CC in Illinois - NJCAA Region 24 MVP

That is who I have for now. I have another list I will drag out and post some additional names later.

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Thu May 14, 2015 1:51 pm

Didn't we also offer Howard early on?????

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:13 pm

desmond1957 wrote:Didn't we also offer Howard early on?????
Ye, but he is a 2017 recruit.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Sat May 16, 2015 12:05 pm

Had a little time today so I am hunting down some video of these recruit possibilities. Here's 3 star PG Dikymbe Martin.
[youtube][/youtube]

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Sat May 16, 2015 12:48 pm

Jalen McDaniels, SF Federal Way, WA. Offers from Boise State and MSU
[youtube][/youtube]

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu May 21, 2015 3:57 pm

I am not sure if this is 2016 or 2017 recruiting but it is interesting.

Last Summer there A JC Kid named Quinton Everette, who former Bobcat stud Pete Conway, had turned current Bobcat Assistant Chris Haslam on to. Everette was considered an unknown playing for almost completely unknown Junior College Little Big Horn JC, but Haslam though he could be a very good Big Sky player. Conway and Everette had a falling out with LBH JC and Haslam I am told with Conway's blessing arranged for and placed Everette at Gillette JC school. This past fall Everette sign with the Bobcats for 2015. Late this past fall 2014 Bobcat stud recruit Kavell Bigby Williams found out late that he did not make NCAA Qualifier. Haslam again made last minute arrangements and got him placed Gillette JC where he is again a key Bobcat recruit for 2015. There is another another sophomore to be Texas Kid at Gillette who I have heard rumors that Haslam also had a hand in bring to the Gillette coaching staff's attention in 2014. We know jump ahead to this year I am told I am told that British Imports Dwayne Orija and Earl Russell have both signed with Gillette for next year and were placed their again by Haslam. Both kids have some NCAA clearing House much like Bigby-Williams and 2015 Bobcat signie Tyson Kanseyo had. The question is, though, will they be able to get eligible in one year (like Kanseyo) or be forced to spend 2 years (like Bigby Williams) at the JC level. So hear are a couple guys we could add to our list for either 2016 or 2017.

Dwayne Orija 6-4ish Combo Guard guard Gillette JC (to be) & Barking Abbey Basketball Academy (just graduated from) He averaged 10 points 5 rebounds and 6 assists a game, but is considered to be more of a point guard than a shooting guard, but his front court partner, also a point guard will also be playing JC ball in the USA this fall. I have seen him listed between 6-3 and 6-5 his most recent info indicates he may be closer to 6-5.
This video is a year old:
[youtube][/youtube]

Earl Russell 6-8 power Forward Gillette JC (to be) Meyercough Academy (just graduated from) I believe he averaged about 12 points 10 rebounds and 2 block shots a game. Russell was recently named to England u-19 team that will be playing in the European championships this year. This is the same tournament where Bigby-Williams really started to make waves last summer.

Again video over a year old.
[youtube][/youtube]

Neither of these guys get me as excited as Bigby Williams did last year but it will be interesting to see how they do next year at Gillette and if the Bobcat coaches get serious and offer them.

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Fri May 22, 2015 3:31 pm

So maybe Coach Fish kept Coach Haslam as an assistant because of his unique recruiting connections in the UK and at the Gillette JC? Makes perfect sense to me. :D

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Thu May 28, 2015 8:22 am

mslacat wrote:I am not sure if this is 2016 or 2017 recruiting but it is interesting.

Dwayne Orija 6-4ish Combo Guard guard Gillette JC (to be) & Barking Abbey Basketball Academy (just graduated from) He averaged 10 points 5 rebounds and 6 assists a game, but is considered to be more of a point guard than a shooting guard, but his front court partner, also a point guard will also be playing JC ball in the USA this fall. I have seen him listed between 6-3 and 6-5 his most recent info indicates he may be closer to 6-5.
This video is a year old:
[youtube][/youtube]

Earl Russell 6-8 power Forward Gillette JC (to be) Meyercough Academy (just graduated from) I believe he averaged about 12 points 10 rebounds and 2 block shots a game. Russell was recently named to England u-19 team that will be playing in the European championships this year. This is the same tournament where Bigby-Williams really started to make waves last summer.

Again video over a year old.
[youtube][/youtube]

Neither of these guys get me as excited as Bigby Williams did last year but it will be interesting to see how they do next year at Gillette and if the Bobcat coaches get serious and offer them.