Missoula Big Sky player

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kwcat
Member # Retired

Missoula Big Sky player

Post by kwcat » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:18 pm

Does anybody know anything about this girl that plays for Big Sky. Parents talked to me and said she is interested in MSU but has no contact with them. She has interest from Idaho St, Idaho, and Boise state. I looked up scoring in AA and shes second and high in steals.

Any input from anyone?

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: Missoula Big Sky player

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:25 am

kwcat wrote:Does anybody know anything about this girl that plays for Big Sky. Parents talked to me and said she is interested in MSU but has no contact with them. She has interest from Idaho St, Idaho, and Boise state. I looked up scoring in AA and shes second and high in steals.

Any input from anyone?
One of my best friends over in Missoula is a strength trainer for high school kids and he works Maddie out. Says she's a super legit athlete and a good competitor.

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:02 am

Surprised that the LG haven't shown an interest, then. They have two scholarships left before next season and a third or fourth point guard could be a possibility, playing two at the same time.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:01 pm

It sounds as if she has an offer from ISU.

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Glad to hear Maddy Shaide got an offer from a BSC school. The Lady Griz may have two more openings for their roster for next year but the guard position appears to being well stocked, but I can ascertain why the LG would offer, as well. The State of Montana had some pretty impressive point guards to consider this year in girl's basketball across the state. The LG have already Taylor Goligoski (5'8") ..."who could play both point and shooting guard (Missoulian)"...and Mackenzie Johnston (5'7") from Helena, coming in next year. Plus...

The one to speculate about impressive capabilities next year may be about a redshirt freshman form Henry Jackson hs in Mill Creek, Washington, by the name of Sierra Anderson (5'6"). Her teammate was a Kelli Kingma, the 58th rated player in the country at the time. Kelli Kingma had an older sister named Kristi Kingma that played for the Univ of Washington Huskies from 2008-13, that lead the team in scoring as a junior and was a 2011 All-PAC Selection at 5'11." Kelli Kingma (5'8") followed in her older sisters' shoes by going to UW, as well; she getting all the press notice with her 15.3 ppg. But playing besides her in her senior year was a fellow senior Sierra Anderson, that averaged 15.6 ppg and over 5 assists a game for the season. It's going to be interesting to chart her development in filling in at Kelli Cole's (a prospective 2014-15 BSC MVP) position next year.

It might just still behoove the LG to scout out Maddie Shaide as well, though. This being that the LG will have three senior guards on their team next year, in Haley Vining, McCalle Feller and Hannah Doran. They'll only have five guards [Goligoski, Johnston, Anderson and Maddie Keast being four of five of them] to handle the guard(s) rotation on their roster two years from now.
Last edited by WyomingGrizFan on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:45 pm

She's a good one I think.

I think shes also had some other visits as well.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 pm

Colter, as the hoops season winds down, could you give us an update and insight on
recruiting for men's and women's teams?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:31 pm

aucat wrote:Colter, as the hoops season winds down, could you give us an update and insight on
recruiting for men's and women's teams?
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35024

I think the only Binford signing is Annika Lai. 6'1" guard, Fairview CO. She had 33 pts. the other night.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:04 pm

Maddy Shaide has been offered. =D^
She also has a full to ISU and still quite a lot of interest from Boise State.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:01 pm

I covered all the Hawks home games for MTsport.TV... The two best Girls B-ball players I saw were Emerald Toth and Caitlin Lonergan, both from Bozeman High and both Juniors. They are over 6' and play very well around the basket. Look for them to light it up next year. Heard that Boise State was at one game to watch Toth play.

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:16 pm

SACCAT wrote:I covered all the Hawks home games for MTsport.TV... The two best Girls B-ball players I saw were Emerald Toth and Caitlin Lonergan, both from Bozeman High and both Juniors. They are over 6' and play very well around the basket. Look for them to light it up next year. Heard that Boise State was at one game to watch Toth play.

I can easily ascertain seeing the LG offering both Emerald Toth (6'1") and Caitlin Lonergan (6'2") from out of Bozeman. With two openings made since D J Reinhardt left and Molly Klinker transferring over to Western, the LG can still sign five more by next november (if two more by april for next year isn't a done deal). Toth and Lonergan would both be distinctly possible for an offer, I would assume. At least, I would think so, in consideration of in-state recruits, that is. The whole of the northwest is a hotbed for girls basketball, but I'm not that up to date on those these days.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Kyle Sample just tweeted that Maddy Shaide has committed to MSU.

EDIT: Colter also tweeted it, not to leave him out. :D
Last edited by coachouert on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Maddy Shaide committed to Montana State today to play basketball for the Bobcats

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:03 pm

mslacat wrote:Maddy Shaide committed to Montana State today to play basketball for the Bobcats
Yes she's excited to come to MSU. She will be a good speedy guard that can shoot in traffic, sees the court well, and shoots the heck out of the three ball.

Her father was a CFL quality linebacker that played for the Sioux. Her mothers family good athletes as well. She had an aunt that played for Kansas or Kstate.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:27 am

kwcat wrote:
mslacat wrote:Maddy Shaide committed to Montana State today to play basketball for the Bobcats
Yes she's excited to come to MSU. She will be a good speedy guard that can shoot in traffic, sees the court well, and shoots the heck out of the three ball.

Her father was a CFL quality linebacker that played for the Sioux. Her mothers family good athletes as well. She had an aunt that played for Kansas or Kstate.
When was the last time that MSU signed a basketball player from Missoula, either male or female? I'm sure there must have been a few, but I can't remember any.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:40 pm

Gene Lewis in the late 60's is the last one I can remember!

2024 Resume dominance

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:33 am

Bobbie Hainline from Missoula Hellgate played for the Bobcats from 1980 to 1985

DicTater
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by DicTater » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:09 am

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:40 am

Actually, now that I think about it, wasn't there a Mike Erickson that played for MSU in the early 80's, who was from Missoula?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:03 pm

John K wrote:Actually, now that I think about it, wasn't there a Mike Erickson that played for MSU in the early 80's, who was from Missoula?
The Hellgate class of 1980 produced 3 graduates would be known for their involvement in MSU basketball. Bobbie Hainline a 5-9 guard who played 4 years for the Bobcat women (then know as the Lady Cats) and made a pretty big impact on the program. Mike Erickson a 6-2 point guard who played one year for the Bobcat men's program. Finally there is one Mslacat aka Bob Robinson who has been a thorn in the sides of both programs ever since.

As a note:
Mike Erickson played in quite a few varsity men's game that year usually in clean up duty, but had a big impact on the Junior varsity though (yes we used to have a junior varsity team). Mike had images of grandeur and transferred to Peperdine as a walk-on then for the 81-82 season. He discovered, that they played a whole different type of ball over there and tried to transfer back to MSU but the coaches were not interested, even as a walk-on. He ended up transfer up to the College of Great Falls where he played 2 or 3 years. I went to grade and high school with Mike and our mom's worked together, but we were not the closest of friends. BTW if anyone knows where Mike is drop me a line.

Bobbie (Barbara) I knew because she played basketball with my little sister. She is also the person who get the blame or credit for me becoming the fan I am of the Bobcat Women's basketball team. We both lived in South Hedges our freshman year and she constantly hounded me to attend the women's game. I did and the rest is history!

Again this post falls under the category "Now aren't you sorry you asked"

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!