Pre-season polls

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Pre-season polls

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Well...I guess there's a good opportunity to confound the experts. SUU must not have fixed their deficiencies from last season? Enjoy the process, but it's going to be a long, long season.

http://www.bigskyconf.com/documents/201 ... onpoll.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Pre-season polls

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:00 pm

SUU returns all five starters from last season yet they're predicted to finish 12th? They took us to overtime in Bozeman last time. I think they'll be better than us too.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:27 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:SUU returns all five starters from last season yet they're predicted to finish 12th?
Given that those were the guys who went 1-19 last year, how would having them return be a good thing?

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:36 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:SUU returns all five starters from last season yet they're predicted to finish 12th?
Given that those were the guys who went 1-19 last year, how would having them return be a good thing?
Didn't say they'd be good...but probably better.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:52 am

I'm surprised to see UM picked so far down...5th in the media poll and 8th in the coaches poll. They must have lost a lot from last season? Plus I suppose having a new coach leads to some uncertainty. Although I would have thought their history and tradition alone would have been enough for them to be ranked higher than that.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:54 pm

John K wrote:I'm surprised to see UM picked so far down...5th in the media poll and 8th in the coaches poll. They must have lost a lot from last season? Plus I suppose having a new coach leads to some uncertainty. Although I would have thought their history and tradition alone would have been enough for them to be ranked higher than that.
I voted them second because a former UM coach told me Washington transfer Martin Breunig will be the best big man in the Big Sky from Day 1. They lost Kareem Jamar, who did everything for them. They will struggle to rebound again with no one in their rotation over Breunig's 6-8. Jordan Gregory and Michael Weisner will have to have big senior years if they want to make another run.

I've heard Joel Bolomboy has put on a bunch of weight and there's not really any other dominant big men in the Big Sky. Weber State is for sure the favorite.

sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by sacstateman » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:36 pm

I think you will be surprised by Eric Stuteville of Sac St. 6' 11" 260 Soph. Played real well at the end of last season and is a kid who really wants to be good and won't be out worked. Of course he will have to prove it on the court this year, but don't doubt him.