New Commit

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

New Commit

Post by wbtfg » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:25 am

Saw this just tweeted by mslacat.

Quinton Everett 6-2 shooting guard now playing for Gillette Junior college has committed to @MontanaStateMBB for 2015-16 season

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: New Commit

Post by msu_agfan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:15 pm

Is he from the same college that Kavell Bigby-Williams is going to now? maybe there is a connection?

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:15 am

Connecting the dots......

Quinton Everett played for Little Big Horn Junior College here in Montana last year. LBH JC has only had a basketball team for a few years and while it plays at the D-1 JC level does not have a lot of high calibur players yet. I do not think they have yet to place a kid in a D-1 school. Everett transferred to Gillette JC this year which plays in the same league as LBH JC but is a much higher level basketball school. Rumor has it that Coach Haslam has been scouting and recruiting him since last year when happened to catch one of his games. Rumor also goes on Haslam placed him at Gillette when Everett wanted play on a higher level team. Before Haslam came to MSU he was an assistant coach at the JC level that also played in the same division as Gillette and LBH JC. Halsam was also the coach who recruited Bigby-Williams for the Bobcats and rumor has it placed him also at Gillette JC.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:38 am

Video

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:30 pm

Is that "our" Pete Conway that's the head coach at LBHC?

I (seriously) love the "nation" category on their roster.

http://www.lbhc.edu/athletics/mensbasketball/

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:58 pm

Everett played at Little Big Horn for Pete Conway. Yes, the Pete Conway who was a standout guard for the Bobcats. Here's what I wrote about Quinton earlier this fall:
Quinton Everett

Size: 6-3, 200

Position: Swingman (SG/SF)

School: Little Big Horn Community College in Crow Agency, Montana

Visit Date: September 25

Other offers: None

Film: None. Everett plays for former Bobcat great Pete Conway, the head coach at LBHCC. Last season, Everett averaged 19 points per game for Conway’s squad. He shot 42 percent from the field, 35 percent from beyond the 3-point line and 62 percent from the free throw line. If he can improve his percentages, he can average 25 points per game next season.

A scouting report on Everett reads: Ultra strong and excellent quickness and running ability. Iffy “3” shooter or he would be a high-major prospect. Gets a ton of rebounds (5.7 per game), loose balls and finishes with authority at the rim. Can make mid-range shots and 3s, but is a drive 1st, shoot 2nd type of small forward. Will play best for an up-tempo team that keeps him in the open court offensively. Mid-major “3” at lead with an outside shot to play for a higher major team if he’s in the right offensive scheme, improves his shooting.”

That report came from the Mullen’s Top 100 Junior College Basketball Camp in St. Charles, Mo. More than 350 four-year colleges and universities subscribe to the Mullen junior college scouting service. The Top 100 JC camp is a NCAA certified event, which means Division I coaches and scouts (along with all other levels) attended.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:38 pm

Off Topic: Pete Conway has been one of my favorite Bobcat Players

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:18 pm

Mine too. :)

Cat in NC
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat in NC » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:57 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:Is that "our" Pete Conway that's the head coach at LBHC?

And the fact that they have guys named DeeJay Lazy Boy and Joe Kindness. Awesome.

Travis Bickford
MSU '95

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:03 pm

Cat in NC wrote:

And the fact that they have guys named DeeJay Lazy Boy and Joe Kindness. Awesome.
Speaking of things I love, I love your Fall Out character logo, even if no one else understands it.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:31 pm

Gillette Junior College where new Montana State commit Quinton Everett plays should have a really good team this year. As of this date they have three players off their 2014-15 team who have already committed to D-1 teams. Everett committed to Montana state last week, two week ago 6-4 guard Lorenzo Bonham committed to Southern Miss and then just last night 6-2 guard Renard Suggs committed to Washington State. -BTW all three of these guys were Region IX all Conference last year plus their coach was also named coach of the year-. Add to them if Kavell Bigby Williams is any where near as good as us Bobcats were hoping he was, Gillette could make some waves in their conference and possibly nationally.

This is going to be a big change for Everett who was THE big guy at Little Big Horn College and now he will be playing with a group of guys who are equal or better than him and giving us Bobcat fans a measuring stick for the quality of a guy we got.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:55 pm

mslacat wrote:
Cat in NC wrote:

Speaking of things I love, I love your Fall Out character logo, even if no one else understands it.
I do! I do! :)

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Cat in NC
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat in NC » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:49 am

CatBlitz wrote:
mslacat wrote:
Cat in NC wrote:

I do! I do! :)
Good ol' Vault Boy! Hahaha!

Travis Bickford
MSU '95