Big game Bigby

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Big game Bigby

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:56 am

mslacat wrote:From twitter
Luol Deng Foundation ‏@LDengF 4m
More
Kavel Bigby-Williams completes final paperwork for Montana State at Deng Camp #DENGTOP50 http://deng.camp/1pUsF74" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://fb.me/2oXCAHBuA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have no idea what it means but it sounds good
Just to see something with his name and Montana State in the same sentence has to be good at this point.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:46 am

I'm pretty sure that he and Fitts are driving here together.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:51 am

allcat wrote:I'm pretty sure that he and Fitts are driving here together.
That doesn't tell us anything unless it's in a sedan and either black or silver in color--can you confirm?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:06 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
That doesn't tell us anything unless it's in a sedan and either black or silver in color--can you confirm?
The last time I talked to them they were driving A blue and Gold Ram pickup dragging a teedy bear behind it.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:01 pm

:lol: You crack me up, allcat, thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:06 am

Classes started this morning on campus. Does anyone know whether Bigby is here?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:09 am

91catAlum wrote:
:lol: You crack me up, allcat, thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
II hope he dropped him off in Utah.

duelalumnicat

Post by duelalumnicat » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:24 pm

:D

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:16 pm

So is Kavell on campus? On the team? I see he's on the roster but I don't see him on the campus directory yet.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:31 pm

CatBlitz wrote:So is Kavell on campus? On the team? I see he's on the roster but I don't see him on the campus directory yet.
The decision on his eligibility was supposed to come down today, but no word out of Montana State yet. A source very close to the situation said it didn't look good.

If Bigby-Williams doesn't earn admission to Montana State, I've been told he will go to a junior college and stick with Montana State, earning his way onto the team as soon as he's eligible.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:49 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:So is Kavell on campus? On the team? I see he's on the roster but I don't see him on the campus directory yet.
The decision on his eligibility was supposed to come down today, but no word out of Montana State yet. A source very close to the situation said it didn't look good.

If Bigby-Williams doesn't earn admission to Montana State, I've been told he will go to a junior college and stick with Montana State, earning his way onto the team as soon as he's eligible.
](*,)
This team is never going to catch a break. :kicksrock:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:44 pm

That's the big risk with international recruits

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:02 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:

About Bigby-Williams bouncing back to MSU IF he needs to go the JC route. I will say the same thing when Jordan Salley was forced by the NCAA to transfer to a JC. It is always bounced around that the player will transfer back to his original college after he completes his JC requirements, but it rarely happens. Things change with the player and program over two year and the guy always seems to go to some where else. Now you factor in the player we are talking about is 6-10 and very athletic, a lot of upper level schools are going to want to get involved with him. Even if he is not as good as we hope he is some larger school will offer him and shuffle him down the bench as an insurance policy in case they need another big body. I hope he plays for the Bobcats but if he is ruled ineligible by the NCAA for D-1 I am very pessimistic his chance of wearing the Blue and Gold in two year. Please though prove me wrong.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:05 am

mslacat wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

About Bigby-Williams bouncing back to MSU IF he needs to go the JC route. I will say the same thing when Jordan Salley was forced by the NCAA to transfer to a JC. It is always bounced around that the player will transfer back to his original college after he completes his JC requirements, but it rarely happens. Things change with the player and program over two year and the guy always seems to go to some where else. Now you factor in the player we are talking about is 6-10 and very athletic, a lot of upper level schools are going to want to get involved with him. Even if he is not as good as we hope he is some larger school will offer him and shuffle him down the bench as an insurance policy in case they need another big body. I hope he plays for the Bobcats but if he is ruled ineligible by the NCAA for D-1 I am very pessimistic his chance of wearing the Blue and Gold in two year. Please though prove me wrong.
If he doesn't play here now, he's never going to.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:11 am

CatBlitz wrote:
mslacat wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

OK fine you found a way to say what I wanted to better!! #-o

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:33 am

Kavell Bigby-Williams, a top Montana State recruit from Great Britain, did not academically qualify and will not play for the Bobcats this winter. One source says he could go the JC route, but no landing spot has been determined as of yet.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:03 am

mslacat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
mslacat wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

OK fine you found a way to say what I wanted to better!! #-o
:lol: I'm just all too familiar with this. Especially here and considering the interest he's gotten, there's a fraction of a percentage chance he comes back. Haha.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:15 am

As per Colter:
Colter Nuanez ‏@Bobcat_Beat 16m
Kavell Bigby-Williams is enrolled at Gillette CC in Wyoming. He arrives Friday, starts school next week #BigSkyMBB

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:35 am

Boy, he's going to love Gillette!!! :roll:

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

duelalumnicat

Post by duelalumnicat » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:21 pm

From the very beginning I was concerned whether Bigby would ever actually play for the Cats. Even with his youth and limitations, he seemed too good to be true. I hope he comes back, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I hope Coach Fish will be able to recruit other players that energize the hopefully increasing number of basketball fans. Does anyone know if Coach Fish and his staff have someone in mind to fill Bigby's scholarship?
Last edited by duelalumnicat on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.