Nehme's possible other schools

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Nehme's possible other schools

Post by duelalumnicat » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:50 pm

It will suck if Nehme chooses Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona, or UM.

"Nehme listed Colorado State, Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona, Portland and Montana as potential schools for which he is interested in attending."

Here is the link:

http://gazette.com/former-cheyenne-moun ... le/1518727" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Nehme's possible other schools

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:27 pm

"It was my decision to get released," said Nehme, The Gazette's 5A-4A boys' basketball Player of the Year after averaging 27.1 points. "I didn't feel wanted anymore, and the coach (Fish) rarely called me. So it just wasn't a good fit anymore."
Wonderful.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
"It was my decision to get released," said Nehme, The Gazette's 5A-4A boys' basketball Player of the Year after averaging 27.1 points. "I didn't feel wanted anymore, and the coach (Fish) rarely called me. So it just wasn't a good fit anymore."
Wonderful.
Yeah thats a big bummer. Hope he ends up at CSU. But I have to trust Coach Fish's judgement. Huse always had a reputation of bringing in "big time recruits" but they never panned out. Hopefully Fish knows exactly what he is looking for.

Potomac Griz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Potomac Griz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Gavin DeJong (who had previously committed to the Cats) said the same thing. Kind of strange, but could be Fish is just wanting to bring in players that fit his system a little better?

http://ravallirepublic.com/sports/colle ... _form=true

From that article:
“The new coach (Brian Fish) didn’t really contact me, so I started talking to the Griz. They offered me what they called a recruited walk-on spot."

Was DeJong a walk-on with you guys or was he offered a scholarship? Nehme really surprises me... with how talented he sounds I'm surprised the new coach wasn't all over trying to keep him going to MSU.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:27 pm

I don't know what to think about this. I want to give Fish the full benefit of the doubt and trust his judgement, but as highly touted as Nehme is, and apparently highly sought after by other BSC programs, it does seem odd that Fish wouldn't have been a bit more attentive. It really would suck to see him excel for some other BSC school for the next 4 or 5 years.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:40 pm

John K wrote:I don't know what to think about this. I want to give Fish the full benefit of the doubt and trust his judgement, but as highly touted as Nehme is, and apparently highly sought after by other BSC programs, it does seem odd that Fish wouldn't have been a bit more attentive. It really would suck to see him excel for some other BSC school for the next 4 or 5 years.
Yeah I'm hoping coach knows what he's doing. But this feels pretty Earle Solomonsonesque to me. If these players come back and bite us Fish's honeymoon will be a lot shorter than Huse's.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:45 pm

How about we let Fish build his own program .

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Coach Fish told me he called Neheme three times and talked to him all three times his first few weeks here. When I interviewed him after his first practice with the team, he said Neheme told him he was staying. He talked to him again within the week and he was still on board. Then Neheme's dad called Fields and got him out of his letter of intent, which seemed to surprise Fish.

DeJong is a walk-on. He might have fallen by the wayside. But Fish told me on multiple occasions that he called Neheme and that the recruit said he was sticking. Fish told me this before any of this stuff was printed about these kids saying he didn't call, so it's not like he was covering his tracks.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Nehme is going to have a lovely time in Bozeman if he chooses another Big Sky school. I guarantee it. :twisted:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

MSUcantouchus
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUcantouchus » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:00 am

DeJong is pretty special for a Montana kid, it would be a big mistake to not give this kid a full ride in my opinion.

I hate dark pink

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:20 am

MSUcantouchus wrote:DeJong is pretty special for a Montana kid, it would be a big mistake to not give this kid a full ride in my opinion.
Again, I really want to trust Coach Fish's judgement here, but you'd think if he was good enough to be recruited by UM, that he'd be good enough for Fish to want him too, as a walk-on at least. I just hate losing a local kid to them. It's bad enough that there's two Bozeman girls playing for the Lady Griz.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:55 am

Hawks86 wrote:How about we let Fish build his own program .
This. Just because Fish maybe isn't gushing over guys Huse had recruited doesn't mean anything yet. Football coaches come in and clean house, how many players defect when a new football coach comes on board?

Hell Huse couldn't even keep his own players from year to year. If Nehme came on board with Huse, chances are either A) he'd quit the team (transfer, or quit period), or B) turn into a zombie shell of his former self and at best get HM.

We gave Huse 8 years let's at least give Fish one year?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:58 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Coach Fish told me he called Neheme three times and talked to him all three times his first few weeks here. When I interviewed him after his first practice with the team, he said Neheme told him he was staying. He talked to him again within the week and he was still on board. Then Neheme's dad called Fields and got him out of his letter of intent, which seemed to surprise Fish.

DeJong is a walk-on. He might have fallen by the wayside. But Fish told me on multiple occasions that he called Neheme and that the recruit said he was sticking. Fish told me this before any of this stuff was printed about these kids saying he didn't call, so it's not like he was covering his tracks.
My guess would be that it had a whole lot more to do with Dirden not being retained than with anything Fish did or didn't do.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:44 am

CelticCat wrote:
This. Just because Fish maybe isn't gushing over guys Huse had recruited doesn't mean anything yet. Football coaches come in and clean house, how many players defect when a new football coach comes on board?

Hell Huse couldn't even keep his own players from year to year. If Nehme came on board with Huse, chances are either A) he'd quit the team (transfer, or quit period), or B) turn into a zombie shell of his former self and at best get HM.

I think a lot of people are pissed at the message those comments send. Can't these guys just go without taking a shot at Fish? If you're gonna have daddy quit for you the least you can do is bow out quietly.

He said " it was my decision" then why did he blame it on Fish and then have da-da call Fields. No backbone.

phantom
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by phantom » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:53 am

I haven't seen Nehme play, but considering the list of schools he's now looking at, I'm not convinced he would be a difference maker. Doesn't mean he can't or won't be a good player, but it's not like he decommitted from MSU and is moving up a couple or two conference levels. If he decommitted and committed to Colorado as an example, then I'd look at it differently. The two kids that signed this week are kids that if they hadn't gotten hurt, it would have been difficult for the Bobcats to get. For schools in the Big Sky to get to the top of the league, you have to be able to get a couple of kids you shouldn't have been able to get.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:03 am

phantom wrote:I haven't seen Nehme play, but considering the list of schools he's now looking at, I'm not convinced he would be a difference maker. Doesn't mean he can't or won't be a good player, but it's not like he decommitted from MSU and is moving up a couple or two conference levels. If he decommitted and committed to Colorado as an example, then I'd look at it differently. The two kids that signed this week are kids that if they hadn't gotten hurt, it would have been difficult for the Bobcats to get. For schools in the Big Sky to get to the top of the league, you have to be able to get a couple of kids you shouldn't have been able to get.
I totally agree. Great post. Let's let Fish build his own program first. He knows his style and the guys he is looking for. There is always a transition and breakup of players when new coaches are hired.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:05 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

I think a lot of people are pissed at the message those comments send. Can't these guys just go without taking a shot at Fish? If you're gonna have daddy quit for you the least you can do is bow out quietly.

He said " it was my decision" then why did he blame it on Fish and then have da-da call Fields. No backbone.
=D^ =D^

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:53 am

I think its time for Coach Fish to go... :lol:

FTG- GO CATS GO!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:36 pm

CatBlitz wrote:Nehme is going to have a lovely time in Bozeman if he chooses another Big Sky school. I guarantee it. :twisted:
That's assuming the fans come back. As of last season Worthington Arena was slightly less intimidating than a My Little Pony convention.

MSUcantouchus
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUcantouchus » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:55 pm

If Fish sees Dejong play next year he his going to kick himself. Kid was hurt last year so Fish likely has no tape on him, but I saw him play a bit recently and he is very very talented and is well put together. He is the most talented high schooler i have ever seen in person.

I hate dark pink