Rolovich in or out for Sat?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSUcantouchus
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Rolovich in or out for Sat?

Post by MSUcantouchus » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:47 pm

Is he hurt bad?

I hate dark pink

poorgriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by poorgriz » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:09 pm

Him and Grooves need to come back. Mason sure is a good man to step in though.

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:34 pm

Groves reinjured his knee. I am sure he is out for the year. Rolovich has a kidney injury. My guess is they won't risk further damage. Cory will be at the helm!

MSUcantouchus

Post by MSUcantouchus » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:08 pm

I am not that comfortable with Cory at the helm. He did not look good when he came on in relief.

I hate dark pink

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:20 pm

Rolo did not look good at all either. Really, since the ISU game, Jack has not played very well either. We need better play from our QBs in general. I just have a feeling Cory is going to do a good job.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:20 pm

HelenaCat wrote:Rolo did not look good at all either. Really, since the ISU game, Jack has not played very well either. We need better play from our QBs in general. I just have a feeling Cory is going to do a good job.

hows rolos psyche?

This space for rent....

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:23 pm

Let's burn a redshirt! That is how comfortable I am with CC at the helm. I used to be a big CC supporter until Rolo did such a nice job to close out the season. After all the dump offs yesterday, like the beginning of the season............bring in the kid. Let's see Rassmussen.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

MSUcantouchus

Post by MSUcantouchus » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:25 pm

94VegasCat wrote:Let's burn a redshirt! That is how comfortable I am with CC at the helm. I used to be a big CC supporter until Rolo did such a nice job to close out the season. After all the dump offs yesterday, like the beginning of the season............bring in the kid. Let's see Rassmussen.
I feel the same way but to chicken to say it.

I hate dark pink

grizwiz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by grizwiz » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:34 pm

CC didn't do to bad. Shoot he hasn't played in 4 games, he came off the bench cold, he was put in to pull out the upset. He will be just fine for you next week!!

The one INT down field was just off the receivers finger tips, Not a bad pass if you saw the replay!!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:37 pm

94VegasCat wrote:Let's burn a redshirt! That is how comfortable I am with CC at the helm. I used to be a big CC supporter until Rolo did such a nice job to close out the season. After all the dump offs yesterday, like the beginning of the season............bring in the kid. Let's see Rassmussen.
NO. Abolutely not. That is rediculous. Starting Rasmussen now would be stupid and very short-sighted. He is our future. I have complete confidence in Cory. Remember, he led a Bobcat team that beat CU and NAU, and was beating PSU before he got hurt. He had a bad 2-game stretch, but those losses cannot be placed wholly on him. He looked ok (not great, but ok) coming in in relief of Rolo yesterday, especially in that kind of pressure situation. The pick he threw was not his fault. Barnharedt's facemask was held, and he tipped the ball. With a week's work of practice under his belt, I believe he will be fine.

LETS GET BOBCAT STADIUM ROCKIN' ON SATURDAY!!!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

HelenaCat

Post by HelenaCat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:03 pm

:goodpost: I agree 100%. I think Cory will be fine if we give him time.

DCC2MSU

Post by DCC2MSU » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:07 pm

I think Cory will do just fine. The only game I have seen him play in person was CU, and he was very impressive. He seems to have nice touch on his passes and maybe that will even reduce the number of drops. In evaluating a QB, it is tough to hold a pick against him anytime he hits a receiver in the hands. This may very well be a case where injuries during the season have made us better. What other years could you say it is a wash between our 1st String QB/RB and 2nd String QB/RB?

BigSkyCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BigSkyCat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:46 pm

I disagree that injuries have made us better. I think what you are getting at is that at least Carpenter has some experience to fall back on now that he will apparently have to play.

As a wise coach once said, when you have two starting quarterbacks you really don't have any. Poor or inconsistent quarterback play has basically been our achilles heel this year. Bringing in Rasmussen is crazy. I think that same coach said, you got to dance with the girl who brung you to the dance. At least we're still dancing.

Let's hope for a Colorado or Northern Arizona type performance from our quarterback, whoever he is, but we better be able to run the ball and play great defense if we are going to win.

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:29 pm

If Rolovich is ready to go, both physically and mentally, he would be my choice because he has a better arm. IMHO.

fredito
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by fredito » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:06 pm

We were doing some shopping in Bozeman today and ran into Rolo with his family....He was walking with a slight limp but seemed to be doing pretty good

STREETCAT

Post by STREETCAT » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:06 pm

I would think that Jack will play saturday. I was told by a person close to rolo that it is not a kidney problem but some pulled muscles in his back. Im sure that we will find out soon the official story.

1BadBobcat

Post by 1BadBobcat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:08 pm

I heard Groves reinjured the same knee and would out 4-6 weeks, so no chance of him playing Saturday :cry:

“If you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.” - John Wayne -

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:19 pm

The hit Rolo took the series before he came out would have caused a lot of back pain. That thing was huge.

Sports is not bigger than life

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:48 pm

I was being a little tongue in cheek about Rasmussen. I think that he will be the future of great things to come. I hope that Rolo can go and I think that we should run the ball down their throats.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Belgrade Big Dog
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Belgrade Big Dog » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:12 am

Rasmussen may very well vie for the starting job next year. "Do Not" burn his red shirt this year. Travis would now be our starting QB if he had not burned his red shirt his freshman year. Travis would very likely have won that game yesterday. Rasmussen does not play. Period!!!!!!!!!