Who starts at Cat/Griz?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Who starts at Cat/griz?

Jack Rolovich
89%
Cory Carpenter
11%

Total votes: 95

RMD
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by RMD » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:44 pm

I was a fan of Rolo from the beginning, so lets let him start and kill the frizz

bobcatgrad2005
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bobcatgrad2005 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:48 pm

I just hope all 70 of us voted in our local and state elections yesterday!

Rolo will start.

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:03 pm

I think that Rolovich should start at Montana for two reasons. The first is that Rolovich has done well enough with the Bobcat offense, and could throw for quite a few yards. The second reason is that Cory Carpenter will probably be fairly rusty, and unfortunately there is no room for rustiness when facing the Grizzly defense. So I'd say let Rolovich have the start, but it wouldn't be a bad idea for Cory Carpenter to get a few reps to change up the offense.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

rtb

Post by rtb » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:05 pm

Maybe we should run a two QB, three RB, one WR offensive set. How would that be? :D

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:15 pm

The Griz wouldn't know what to do with that. But neither would the Cats.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:33 pm

Does anyone have a feeling that we'll throw an interesting game-plan at them with plays we haven't seen yet? What would be your plan going in to it if you were at the helm? Do what we did @ CO with dink and dunk passing game? Just try to pound over them with Groves, Taito, and Mason, like last year? Work their secondary with our speedy receivers, hitting seams and slants, Trying to get Jefferson in single coverage for the bombs?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by CatRowdy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:38 pm

We’ll definitely see some new plays; the Cat/Griz game demands them. As this team gains in confidence I think the coach’s have been able to add new dimensions. I just hope we don’t throw so much at them as to overload them and paralyze the offense to the point where they can’t effectively run the old plays.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:46 pm

As stated previously, I DO think the Griz D can be beaten with a straight-ahead, smash-mouth running game and I sincerely hope Kramer & Bailey are committed to it as long as we are within a score.

I hope we run on first down 80% of the time; passing on 1st down is generally only effective if you (A) have a significant advantage over the opponents pass D (which we don't/won't), or (B) have established a solid running attack.

If we fall behind by 10+, then obviously you've got to start airing it out, but in a game as highly-charged as this one will be, I think the team that shows the most patience with their running game will win more often than not.

I guess I'm still a traditionalist: use the run to set up the pass. If the Griz run D stuffs us, fine; tip your hat to them and start throwing the rock, but I still believe we CAN run against them if we slam it between the tackles. Cal Poly's option attack simply couldn't handle the Griz's speed; you negate that speed by running North/South...

Enough rambling? More later; we've still got 9 days...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most