Top "small school" Draft Classes

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Top "small school" Draft Classes

Post by longhorn_22 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:50 am

http://www.gbnreport.com/top25draftclasses.html
10. Montana State: OT Joe Hirst and FS Ryan Force are both potential late rounders who earned All-Big Sky honors last season. Hirst has injury problems so he needs to stay healthy and must improve his speed if he expects to be drafted. Force is another player with speed questions but he has the talent and size scouts are looking for. DE/OLB Clive Lowe is a tweener type who is too slow to play linebacker but not quite big enough to play end in the NFL. DT Andy Matakis is a big kid who has the talent to be one of the best tackles in all of I-AA this year. There are two other potential free agents such as WR Michael Jefferson and WR Donell Wheaton.

crazycat
Golden Bobcat

Post by crazycat » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:01 pm

I thought that was pretty cool until I saw this:

3. Cal-Davis: There are three legit draft grade prospects in OT Elliot Vallejo, WR Tony Kays, and QB Jon Grant. Grant needs to add weight but has the skills worth considering in the late rounds, while Vallejo has great size and upside that make him also worth a late round look. Kays is one of the best small school receivers and has late round grades from most people. There are several free agent types to watch for such as FS Jonathan Barsi, CB Nevan Bergan, and OLB/DE Mike Ng.