Athletic Fee

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:51 pm

Nice BAC

-Elias P. Harmon-

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:52 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:I was at UM when the athletic "fees" were optional and if you chose to pay it you got tickets or a punch card to EVERY game. Then the University changed it to a fee for ALL students. I thought it was a racket then and I think it is now.

64.25 X 12,500= $803,000

And remember they still get 2500-4000 students to buy tickets to football games. 10.00X 3000 X 6 games= $180,000

I know its expensive to pay for athletics, but I think that a fee for nothing is wrong.
That is a lot of money, but it also includes access to the gym and workout facilities. You have to take the cost to operate those, the insurance etc. It simply isn't $803K that goes into the AD's budget

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

RyeCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RyeCat » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:38 pm

When I was a MSU student, they asked us if we wanted to pay an athletic fee or continue to buy our own tickets for games. The vote was overwhelmingly against the fee. However, the Board of Regents decided that we should pay it anyway. I did use the tickets and go to the games, but like somebody else said...all of those fees add up. It still kind of burns my a$$ that they asked us and then made their own decision anyway. :bs:

Bleedinbluengold
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:06 pm

Which is probably why they don't ask anymore...

One of the nice things about fees, which is somewhat akin to pay-as-you-go, is that you know where your money is going to a greater degree. If you rolled all the fees into tuition, we'd probably pass out at the total.

Montana State IS what "they" think Montana is.