Zac Crews?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Zac Crews?

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:57 am

I'm hearing little or no buzz about Zac Crews. I thought he was effective off the edge last year as a freshman and thought he could be a real force this year. Anyone have anything?

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Zac Crews?

Post by tdub » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:29 am

Just a big BN faux pax by using just a kid’s name in the subject. :lol:

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:41 am

Yes. Especially this time of year, what are you thinking!

But yes, he is one of the players I am most excited to see develop these next couple years. Very high ceiling!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:44 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:57 am
I'm hearing little or no buzz about Zac Crews. I thought he was effective off the edge last year as a freshman and thought he could be a real force this year. Anyone have anything?
Probably because he made a big enough impact last season. Typically, it’s players that have yet to see significant playing time and are making plays in camp that become topics of discussion. Or players that have improved on perceived weaknesses.

Crews was impressive last year. He’s going to continue to play a role in the DL rotation. Unless he changes positions, as some have suggested he should, I don’t think you’ll see much talk about him during either camp.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:53 am

Nothing to report here. Playing very well and really locking into assignment football. Plenty of reps this year and likely a two year starter after that.

MountainCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MountainCat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:17 pm

He looked solid today. Always in on the action when it was on his side. I watched him quite a bit today and while he was not getting much penetration on the tackle, he also seemed to disengage and flow to the ball fast. He still needs some weight and strength, but I think he looked good.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:12 pm

Made an impact last season in spots after not playing for a few years. Barring injury, I expect him to continue is to gain strength and get even better.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:36 pm

Can we change the title of this thread? Also, can people make their titles more informative so I don’t get pissed off the second I open Bobcat Nation.

Punters are people too!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:47 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:36 pm
Can we change the title of this thread? Also, can people make their titles more informative so I don’t get pissed off the second I open Bobcat Nation.
I feel like the question mark should be enough for people not to freak out. I agree that the title could be a little more substantive than just Name? though.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:21 am

I don't think Zac will ever be real big but he is such an incredible athlete that he will make a very good DE. Reminds me a little of Jason Taylor of the Dolphins, Jason only weighed 230 but was all Pro every year. Just a pure athlete.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN