Tailgate Prices Going Up, Again

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Tailgate Prices Going Up, Again

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:49 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:29 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:44 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:34 pm
So no more free parking within reasonable walking distance to the stadium. Awesome. Inflation at an all time high, and they decide to roll this out? How many parking lot cops will they have to hire to police this? Terrible move and blatant money grab by MSU. Slowly killing the golden goose...
Come on now, inflation is not at an all-time high here in the U.S.. If you had tried to start and/or build a business, or in any way had to make a living in the late 1970s early 1980s you'd know that. You're either ignorant of the other individual years and periods when inflation was higher than now or maybe you've just forgotten or could there be a third reason.
Apologies. Addendum to add "... all time high in my lifetime" (I was born in '84, so just a young whippersnapper).
Politics aside (please, let's not go down that road...), I think we can agree that what @grizzh8r was getting at was that many folks are struggling these days making ends meet. I personally love the fact that Bobcat football is still reasonably priced, and that we can most folks to games without breaking the bank. But the trend is going up, rapidly the last couple years, and that's what is concerning. I know everyone agrees that it takes $$$ to continue being successful and a program in the national spotlight. I keep coming back to the thought that college sports was different from professional sports, at least at our level, in that it was still for the every-man. But even that's going away, and it's leaning toward only being accessible to the fan who can fork out the most dough.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Au Blue

Post by Au Blue » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:20 am

I'm not getting any younger and don't get around as well as I did a few years ago (but not disabled) so this charging to park in outlying lots within reasonable walking distance is the final straw for me. I will likely have some tickets for sale this season as I'll be selective in my gameday travels this year

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:28 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:14 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:19 pm
Got an email from the athletic department today in regards to parking. I don't know if this is the sase for everyone, so don't quote me. But it said that my spots will be in the same place or in very close proximity to where they have always been. I'd assume they are doing everything in their power to make sure this is the case for as many as they can accomodate. \:D/
Looks like they misled you, based on the email that just came out this morning... sucks.
It may just depend where you are currently and I suppose your priority points. I got another email and am pretty confident I'll be in the same spot or very near but I guess I'll wait until after the 17th to see for sure. [-o<

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:44 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:48 pm
I can understand and appreciate that many feel pressured by the increases in season ticket prices along with required Bobcat Club fees and increased fees for tailgate spots plus the coming new fee to be able to park in the white lot. Having season tickets I feel that pressure as well. Personally the increased price of each of these things seems very much inline with the demand that apparently exists for them.
I do have season tickets and do have a tailgate spot on west side of stadium so I feel the price increases like others. I do agree with your comments but also when I step back I see what the needs of the athletics department is to continue to put championship level teams on the field in Bozeman Montana. If you listen to news media they tell us that inflation was near highest level in 40 years, property tax bills up 30 to 50%, home prices unaffordable in Bozeman to many, competing to pay salary in a high priced labor market….so how does our AD continue to fund and run a department faced with the need to pay administrative staff competitively, a rising operating cost environment, pay coaches and assistants to a level that they can afford to live here and want to stay here, etc etc. Then top that off with the landscape changes within the NCAA to compete in the NIL environment and compete with other schools for the best candidates by having top tier facilities. Well IMHO, MSU has done an outstanding job getting quality coaches and fielding teams on the court or turf that I am proud to support. I feel the price pain but I’ll pay the new rate to help MSU stay as a leader in the Big Sky….I trust Leon and Wadid to get us there and keep us there.

On a more practical basis, I look at it this way. We’ve got five and sometimes six couples that participate in our tailgate. I pay for the tailgate and all of our “refreshments” and we divide it up at the end of the year. I don’t believe the folks in our group are going to blink an eye when I tell them it’s $120 per couple this year vs. $80 last year for the tailgate spot. Last year, at the end of the season, our bill was about $180 per couple for tailgate and all the “refreshments” you could enjoy (including the playoff game). That included hosting many visitors and guests at the tailgate. That’s just over $25 per game per couple…about $12.50 per game per person not including tickets. I’m sorry but I can’t get out of many restaurants or bars in Bozeman for $12.50 a person and certainly wouldn’t have the same amount of fun! For the enjoyment and experience we receive in return for our tailgate expenses…..I don’t think there is a better investment for my money in supporting our loved Bobcats.

Go Cats!
Good post Del! Since you split the cost, who gets to park at the tailgate? Do you take turns? Just curious how you work that out.
@91catAlum My season ticket group has been trying to help you with your tailgate costs, but you don't make it easy! :D

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:01 am

I hate it, but we all know of 100 different ways MSU needs more money to stay competitive or make things great for fans or both. Coaching salaries, IPF, sound system, hand-rails, stadium expansion, etc. Obviously this all costs money, and I have to think MSU has explored all revenue streams. The simple economics of it is that there's scarcity with season tickets and tailgate spots, which means the market can bear a price hike. For every fan who says "this is BS, I'm out", there are two on the waiting list who want those tickets or that tailgate spot.

But that's the price of being great. At some point, MSU will probably have to say "we can't afford to be any greater than we are", but it seems like they can scrape a little more money out of us collectively. Some individuals will draw the line but they'll be replaced with someone with a little deeper pockets. MSU has to go right up to the edge of what it can afford, and maybe this is it. I just hope we can keep things going in the right direction until a Jake Jabs/Norm Asbjornson/Mark and Robyn Jones step in to donate to athletics. But watch out...when they do, they're going to want matching funds, so we'll be hit up for that!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:09 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
So no more free parking within reasonable walking distance to the stadium. Awesome. Inflation at an all time high, and they decide to roll this out? How many parking lot cops will they have to hire to police this? Terrible move and blatant money grab by MSU. Slowly killing the golden goose...
Come on now, inflation is not at an all-time high here in the U.S.. If you had tried to start and/or build a business, or in any way had to make a living in the late 1970s early 1980s you'd know that. You're either ignorant of the other individual years and periods when inflation was higher than now or maybe you've just forgotten or could there be a third reason.
Apologies. Addendum to add "... all time high in my lifetime" (I was born in '84, so just a young whippersnapper).
Rising costs affect MSU and all they do just as much as they affect each of us as individuals though. I get it, I'm not real excited about paying more for everything either and like others have said in the next few years there may be some very tough choices to be made. But to think that just because individuals are getting pushed by inflation and rising costs means the university should just eat those same rising costs in order to keep things cheaper for us is a bit absurd. The only other alternative is to stagnate the athletic department entirely with no new building/improvements, no increases to coaches salaries, no increase in total cost of attendance pay, etc., etc. in which case MSU will become UNCU (or worse) within about 5 years.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:19 am

kmax wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:09 am
grizzh8r wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Rising costs affect MSU and all they do just as much as they affect each of us as individuals though. I get it, I'm not real excited about paying more for everything either and like others have said in the next few years there may be some very tough choices to be made. But to think that just because individuals are getting pushed by inflation and rising costs means the university should just eat those same rising costs in order to keep things cheaper for us is a bit absurd. The only other alternative is to stagnate the athletic department entirely with no new building/improvements, no increases to coaches salaries, no increase in total cost of attendance pay, etc., etc. in which case MSU will become UNCU (or worse) within about 5 years.
I think its more about the percent increase, at least for me. I'm under no delusions that costs aren't going to go up, I expect them to, but the 200% increase in tailgate spots over the last 3 years where regular inflation totaled about 17% in that same time seems excessive. Tailgates may have been underpriced a few years ago but that's not my fault. Throw in the increase in ticket prices from a couple years ago, and my total costs are up at least 33% from 3 years ago. That's not sustainable for most fans unless it levels off for a while, especially when MSU is also asking for donations to the IPF.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:30 am

Pecos24 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:44 am
91catAlum wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:48 pm
I can understand and appreciate that many feel pressured by the increases in season ticket prices along with required Bobcat Club fees and increased fees for tailgate spots plus the coming new fee to be able to park in the white lot. Having season tickets I feel that pressure as well. Personally the increased price of each of these things seems very much inline with the demand that apparently exists for them.
I do have season tickets and do have a tailgate spot on west side of stadium so I feel the price increases like others. I do agree with your comments but also when I step back I see what the needs of the athletics department is to continue to put championship level teams on the field in Bozeman Montana. If you listen to news media they tell us that inflation was near highest level in 40 years, property tax bills up 30 to 50%, home prices unaffordable in Bozeman to many, competing to pay salary in a high priced labor market….so how does our AD continue to fund and run a department faced with the need to pay administrative staff competitively, a rising operating cost environment, pay coaches and assistants to a level that they can afford to live here and want to stay here, etc etc. Then top that off with the landscape changes within the NCAA to compete in the NIL environment and compete with other schools for the best candidates by having top tier facilities. Well IMHO, MSU has done an outstanding job getting quality coaches and fielding teams on the court or turf that I am proud to support. I feel the price pain but I’ll pay the new rate to help MSU stay as a leader in the Big Sky….I trust Leon and Wadid to get us there and keep us there.

On a more practical basis, I look at it this way. We’ve got five and sometimes six couples that participate in our tailgate. I pay for the tailgate and all of our “refreshments” and we divide it up at the end of the year. I don’t believe the folks in our group are going to blink an eye when I tell them it’s $120 per couple this year vs. $80 last year for the tailgate spot. Last year, at the end of the season, our bill was about $180 per couple for tailgate and all the “refreshments” you could enjoy (including the playoff game). That included hosting many visitors and guests at the tailgate. That’s just over $25 per game per couple…about $12.50 per game per person not including tickets. I’m sorry but I can’t get out of many restaurants or bars in Bozeman for $12.50 a person and certainly wouldn’t have the same amount of fun! For the enjoyment and experience we receive in return for our tailgate expenses…..I don’t think there is a better investment for my money in supporting our loved Bobcats.

Go Cats!
Good post Del! Since you split the cost, who gets to park at the tailgate? Do you take turns? Just curious how you work that out.
@91catAlum My season ticket group has been trying to help you with your tailgate costs, but you don't make it easy! :D
I know and I do appreciate that, but since I'm the one who gets to park there each game I don't think costs should be split up. That's why I asked BobcatDel how they work theirs out. If they are splitting the cost, it seems fair to take turns parking in the tailgate spot. For us, I'm always the one who parks there so I don't expect everybody to split the cost with me. You guys are parking a half mile off campus and hiking in. And you know my wife won't even goto the colder games if the truck isn't parked within a 30 second walk of our seats! ;)
But I do appreciate you guys always chipping in with random money around the tailgate :lol: Hopefully I don't ever turn on the BBQ when there's a $20 or something hidden inside it :lol:

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:34 am

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:19 am
kmax wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
I think its more about the percent increase, at least for me. I'm under no delusions that costs aren't going to go up, I expect them to, but the 200% increase in tailgate spots over the last 3 years where regular inflation totaled about 17% in that same time seems excessive. Tailgates may have been underpriced a few years ago but that's not my fault. Throw in the increase in ticket prices from a couple years ago, and my total costs are up at least 33% from 3 years ago. That's not sustainable for most fans unless it levels off for a while, especially when MSU is also asking for donations to the IPF.
Like I said, I do get that. The post I was replying to was talking about gameday parking not being free anymore so a bit different than the increases in tailgates and such. That said, I also get that things have to be paid for. The parking lot improvements came in something like 3x what was budgeted. In that timeframe that you are talking about all of these increases MSU has started paying TCOA to a much larger percentage of athletes and tuition costs for scholarships have raised. As I said, unfortunately prices have to increase and even more unfortunately that means that for some of us in the near future it could mean letting some of the tailgates or tickets go. The problem I have is the numerous threads here where people are clamoring for new things like stadium improvements, IPF, paying coaches more to not lose them, etc. but then simultaneously being aghast when they have to pay more for the things that drive that engine. :shrug:

Someone posted this article in another thread, but it is applicable to this discussion: https://herosports.com/fcs-football-top ... ized-bzbz/ . MSU is the fifth least subsidized (money that comes from the state, the institution, and/or student fees) athletic department in all of FCS. The majority of that money to keep our teams at the top where we all want them has to come from us sadly.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:42 am

kmax wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:34 am
91catAlum wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:19 am
kmax wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Like I said, I do get that. The post I was replying to was talking about gameday parking not being free anymore so a bit different than the increases in tailgates and such. That said, I also get that things have to be paid for. The parking lot improvements came in something like 3x what was budgeted. In that timeframe that you are talking about all of these increases MSU has started paying TCOA to a much larger percentage of athletes and tuition costs for scholarships have raised. As I said, unfortunately prices have to increase and even more unfortunately that means that for some of us in the near future it could mean letting some of the tailgates or tickets go. The problem I have is the numerous threads here where people are clamoring for new things like stadium improvements, IPF, paying coaches more to not lose them, etc. but then simultaneously being aghast when they have to pay more for the things that drive that engine. :shrug:

Someone posted this article in another thread, but it is applicable to this discussion: https://herosports.com/fcs-football-top ... ized-bzbz/ . MSU is the fifth least subsidized (money that comes from the state, the institution, and/or student fees) athletic department in all of FCS. The majority of that money to keep our teams at the top where we all want them has to come from us sadly.
I didn't know MSU started paying TCOA. I thought that was shot down because um couldn't do it. That's frigin awesome.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:50 pm

I don't have much to add to this thread because I have never owned a tailgate spot. However, when comparing the season ticket prices and tailgate prices to Griz season ticket and tailgate prices... I think we're WAY lower at MSU. Just based on comments I've heard from folks.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:58 pm

The Bobcats sell out every game and have official/unofficial waiting lists for tickets/tailgates. The prices will continue to climb until those things change. The only way I see things even leveling out is if the team enters a significant run of bad years.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:35 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:58 pm
The Bobcats sell out every game and have official/unofficial waiting lists for tickets/tailgates. The prices will continue to climb until those things change. The only way I see things even leveling out is if the team enters a significant run of bad years.
A run of bad years or get stagnant as top10 team that can't finish season on top. If all top teams keep putting more and more in and MSU does as well but stays a top10, will the pipeline shut off. I think there is a chance that happens all over the country. Keep do atimg to be good or accept mediocrity for less money and still have fun at games with your friends. Willlose casual fans but diehards will remain.

Sports is not bigger than life

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:35 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:35 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:58 pm
A run of bad years or get stagnant as top10 team that can't finish season on top. If all top teams keep putting more and more in and MSU does as well but stays a top10, will the pipeline shut off. I think there is a chance that happens all over the country. Keep do atimg to be good or accept mediocrity for less money and still have fun at games with your friends. Willlose casual fans but diehards will remain.
If we can keep regular season home losses to no more than 2/year I don't think the crowd inside and outside the stadium will change much. We might fall back to 50% capacity during the playoffs but as long as we're winning the nice weather games people will still show up. The problem is that the Booster/QBC/NIL money might dry up which will make it harder to limit our losses to 1 or 2 a year. Luckily there is a solid bottom in the BSC so something drastic would have to happen to not win at least half our home games.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:05 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:37 am
91catAlum wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:16 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:55 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:20 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:43 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:07 pm
<<I'm going to complain about consecutive price increases on the east side blue lot tailgate spots. If you don't want to hear it, feel free to move to the next thread.>>

Just called to renew my season tix and pay for my east-side tailgate spot. Paid for our tickets and Bobcat Club dues, and then transferred over to the Bobcat Club who said I can't renew our tailgate spot yet because they are all changing due to the parking lot being paved. They will contact us in late April about our tailgate spots. She said I'm still guaranteed a spot but it might not be in the same place. Also - the price is going up from $400 to $600.

It was just 1 year ago (maybe 2?) that the tailgate spots doubled from $200 to $400. Now they are $600. That's 200% inflation over just 2-3 years. Is it just me, or does this seem like kind of a steep increase in a very short period of time, especially given that the cost of season tickets also increased in that same timeframe??

So - instead of donating $100 to the IPF, I'll be paying an extra 200 for our tailgate spot. This increase puts my total cost, for 6 home football games, at just shy of $2000.
So you'll likely be at $3,000 by year's end with 3 hope playoff games. That's why I have been skipping a couple early season home games lately, especially if I'm pretty sure they're gonna be snoozers.
Maybe, ya. But last year was 1 and done.

Just seems a bit excessive to charge $100 per game for a tailgate spot.

Does anyone know the cost of the tailgate spots on the west side of the stadium? Have they always been more and I should shut up? Or did they go way up in price also?
100 per game is a steal. Pretty sure UW charges like 50-60 per head just to get in the tailgate area. I mean I've dropped 80 dollars to park for a Mariners game, and then proceed to drop 30 bucks a drink. All said and done, its a cheap game if I can get out of there spending less than $200, (typically I drop 200-400 a game) and that's doesn't include tickets.

If we want to be competitive and play big boy football it takes large amounts of cash, and things right now are super cheap so expect it to get a lot worse.
I hear what you're saying... but this ain't pro sports, or even PAC-12 football. This is Montana State in the FCS which nobody cares about nationally. It shouldn't cost anywhere near what it costs to goto a UW Huskies football game.

I agree that $200 per season a couple years ago was a steal. Jacking that up to $600 per season is not a steal, it's tripling the price in 2 years. If you were paying it you'd have some sticker-shock too.

If they move my spot too far away from where it's been I'm going to just let it go and you won't have to read my biitching about price hikes anymore 😆
I understand what you're saying as well, but I think most of us want to see MSU continue to climb in recognition and visibility. There's only one way to do that, cash, and unfortunately we don't have enough big fish to support the program so its going to fall on the spectators. I really wouldn't be surprised if seats were $1000 next year, its just where its all going. Not saying it's right but they're scrapping the barrel and hard as they can.
I paid $650 a seat this season. It's getting pricey.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:17 am

Got this email regarding some additional questions and timeline:
Bobcat Tailgate & RV Holders,

As you are probably aware, information regarding Bobcat Football parking was released earlier this week. As a result, we wanted to provide more information on the upcoming selection and allocation of tailgate & RV spaces. We will be calling everyone with a current tailgating spot starting April 17th. The process should take about 9-10 business days to complete and you can see the timeline for calling based on priority points below.

We have also had some recurring questions from the initial information that was released to season ticket holders and have answered those for you below.

Q: Will I be next to my neighbors from previous seasons?

A: You can ask to be placed next to anyone that you choose, based on space and availability. We will use the lowest priority point ranking of the group when it comes time to make a selection.

Q: Does this affect the South Fieldhouse reserved lot

A: No, the South Fieldhouse reserved lot remains unchanged from last football season

Q: If I had a spot last year, will I be able to get a spot this year?

A: Yes, in fact we anticipate having over 100 additional tailgate spots for new season ticket holders to purchase if they want.

Q: Will I have to move?

A: Depends, with the new configuration and the potential impact of the Kagy expansion by the city of Bozeman, some spots have been lost, or will be lost in the near future. Some folks are going to have to be placed in a new spot, we will work with everyone to do our best to get you the spot or spots you desire, or as close as possible.

Q: The spots in red on the map in the Northwest corner of the Stadium Lots, what is happening with those spots?

A: The city of Bozeman is working towards an expansion of Kagy, these spots represent spaces we anticipate losing once that expansion begins. We will have these spaces for the 2024 season. However, we don’t know the exact timing of the Kagy expansion, but we feel that we need to make sure all our patrons are informed to the best of our ability. People can choose to take these tailgate spots, but once the expansion begins, we can’t guarantee a tailgate space in the future if there isn’t space to move these folks.

Q: Does the cost of my tailgate, RV or reserved parking space include FCS Playoff games?

A: Yes, any playoff games are included in the price of the space for the season.

Tailgate & RV Call Timeline:

Date PP Rank
April 17 1-134
April 18 135 – 304
April 19 305 – 445
April 22 446 – 583
April 23 584 – 830
April 24 831 – 1066
April 25 1067 – 1238
April 29 1239 – 1626
April 30 1626 & up

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:39 am

Bump.

Any new information on this? Top donors go 1st tomorrow on tailgate selection, correct?

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

RockyBearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RockyBearCat » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:14 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:39 am
Bump.

Any new information on this? Top donors go 1st tomorrow on tailgate selection, correct?
correct. April 17.

Au Blue

Post by Au Blue » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:52 am

How does one go about finding their status? Calling the Bobcat ticket office? I had to move my tickets about 6 years ago in the south endzone and was able to do it easily. But, the past 3 years, I've put requests to move even lower and closer to an aisle seat as it's more difficult to navigate stairs and people's legs, but have been told nothing is available.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:27 pm

Cats15 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:07 am
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:37 am
MSU is spending $17 million on parking lot improvements around campus and $13 million of that will be spent around the stadium. I think it's safe to say that at least some of that money is coming from the football fans with these price increases for parking and tailgating spots. I don't think these increases are just the cost of success but also the price for decent infrastructure. They are spending money on much needed improvements.
Bring back the mud pits in "student lot"!! Man, those were fun times :wink:
It’s a good thing shoes were cheaper then, because I sure ruined a pair of two. 😆