Spring Ball

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spring Ball

Post by coloradocat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:26 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:23 pm
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:01 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:57 pm
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:47 pm
Its a shame MSU can’t figure out a way to stream the game. Other FCS programs have figured it out and promote the hell out of their Spring game and here we are…Do better MSU!
Lots of ways to access the game. Better than 90% of Division 1 programs. Maybe you should do a little research before jumping to such conclusions.
I found the links man, but one shouldn’t have to dig for them. Our main socials should be promoting them. And by the way, links don’t work if you’re out of state.

Again, do better MSU!
I’m watching at the airport in Texas. So you’re wrong.
How?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:29 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:11 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:02 pm
Cataholic wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Its a shame MSU can’t figure out a way to stream the game. Other FCS programs have figured it out and promote the hell out of their Spring game and here we are…Do better MSU!
Lots of ways to access the game. Better than 90% of Division 1 programs. Maybe you should do a little research before jumping to such conclusions.
There’s radio and a local television stream.

It would be sweet if the school could put out a stream for the out of state fans. I don’t think that’s that outrageous for somebody to say.
Oh geez man. Put me on ignore. Not even worth responding
What?

I’m an in state fan, trying to watch on my phone but Verizon has my location in Denver. I ain’t got no idea how to change it, so I can’t watch it on SWX. It’s not a huge deal, not the end of the world, but I don’t think saying “man, I wish the school itself had a streaming option for all of its fans” is that ridiculous of a statement. MSU is great, and yes, better than most FCS schools. They also should be, and it’s okay to point out ways to make it better.
Oh.. you are fighting for the out of state fan. So nice of you and non-belligerent. Had nothing to do with responding to my post in your normal creepy manner.

Always room for MSU to improve. But to say we are way behind other FCS schools is absolutely wrong

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:32 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:29 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:02 pm
Cataholic wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
There’s radio and a local television stream.

It would be sweet if the school could put out a stream for the out of state fans. I don’t think that’s that outrageous for somebody to say.
Oh geez man. Put me on ignore. Not even worth responding
What?

I’m an in state fan, trying to watch on my phone but Verizon has my location in Denver. I ain’t got no idea how to change it, so I can’t watch it on SWX. It’s not a huge deal, not the end of the world, but I don’t think saying “man, I wish the school itself had a streaming option for all of its fans” is that ridiculous of a statement. MSU is great, and yes, better than most FCS schools. They also should be, and it’s okay to point out ways to make it better.
Oh.. you are fighting for the out of state fan. So nice of you and non-belligerent. Had nothing to do with responding to my post in your normal creepy manner.

Always room for MSU to improve. But to say we are way behind other FCS schools is absolutely wrong
What?

I just want to watch the scrimmage! I don’t think I said anything creepy man, there’s only one person in this conversation throwing insults, and it isn’t me. I never said we’re way behind other FCS schools either. I just want to watch the scrimmage, I’m football starved lol.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:34 pm

SWX said I am not in their viewing area (I am in Minneapolis). No ESPN+, I checked you tube. I checked the MSU sports site. Still nothing.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

mtkaren
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mtkaren » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:42 pm

gtapp wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:34 pm
SWX said I am not in their viewing area (I am in Minneapolis). No ESPN+, I checked you tube. I checked the MSU sports site. Still nothing.
I’m in Helena and not able to view it either. So dumb.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:46 pm

mtkaren wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:42 pm
gtapp wrote:
At this point I'd rather see MSU remove SWX's streaming rights completely.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 pm
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:12 pm
Cataholic wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
I found the links man, but one shouldn’t have to dig for them. Our main socials should be promoting them. And by the way, links don’t work if you’re out of state.

Again, do better MSU!
Only a bunch of references on this thread😂😂. And social media stuff all over the place including emails from the school.

Are you out of state?
Yes, many fans are out of state with no way to watch!

There is a world outside of Montana.
Did you try the SWX website? Or maybe a VPN to get it?

You said other FCS programs have it figured out. Not many FCS programs even have coverage of the spring game. Who are you referring to?
“It’s super easy! Just find a pirated stream from Indonesia or buy a VPN!”

Your responses have been hilarious over-the-top to what was a question I also had about watching online.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm

mtkaren wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:42 pm
gtapp wrote:
Try the SWX sports app instead of the website.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:51 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:26 pm
Long Time Cat wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:

Again, do better MSU!
How?
SWX stream on my phone. Watched whole first half. No issues. Now watching on plane.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:56 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 pm
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:12 pm
Cataholic wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:

Again, do better MSU!
Only a bunch of references on this thread😂😂. And social media stuff all over the place including emails from the school.

Are you out of state?
Yes, many fans are out of state with no way to watch!

There is a world outside of Montana.
Did you try the SWX website? Or maybe a VPN to get it?

You said other FCS programs have it figured out. Not many FCS programs even have coverage of the spring game. Who are you referring to?
“It’s super easy! Just find a pirated stream from Indonesia or buy a VPN!”

Your responses have been hilarious over-the-top to what was a question I also had about watching online.
Oh for f sakes. 14 said other FCS programs have it figured it. Wrong. MSU does better than 90% of D 1 schools. Didn’t think my suggestions were so hilarious. But maybe you are just being a d1ck.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:57 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:

Again, do better MSU!
No, he’s right, and you’re right. I’ve tried every weapon I have including a VPN and my cell phone (Verizon). I’m out-of-state and out-of-luck. I’m listening to the radio broadcast on the Varsity app.

But — I have a question. What year was Dru Polidore’s first year in the spring game? I have clear memories of a gray blustery day and watching Polidore make two interceptions in the game. Was that a spring game, two years ago? Or was it the fall scrimmage? Whatever it was, I was out of state and watching the stream — surely not on SWX, but was it on ESPN+. It seems like it was the first year on ESPN+ and I thought it was cool to finally be able to watch a scrimmage. @TomCat88, do you have access to check the stats for that two-interception game by Dru?

UPDATE: The game was played April 23, 2022, with two interceptions by Polidore. That game was streamed out-of-state somehow, because I watched it.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:11 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:57 pm
Long Time Cat wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
ThoughtUKnew14 wrote:

Again, do better MSU!
No, he’s right, and you’re right. I’ve tried every weapon I have including a VPN and my cell phone (Verizon). I’m out-of-state and out-of-luck. I’m listening to the radio broadcast on the Varsity app.

But — I have a question. What year was Dru Polidore’s first year in the spring game? I have clear memories of a gray blustery day and watching Polidore make two interceptions in the game. Was that a spring game, two years ago? Or was it the fall scrimmage? Whatever it was, I was out of state and watching the stream — surely not on SWX, but was it on ESPN+. It seems like it was the first year on ESPN+ and I thought it was cool to finally be able to watch a scrimmage. @TomCat88, do you have access to check the stats for that two-interception game by Dru?

UPDATE: The game was played April 23, 2022, with two interceptions by Polidore. That game was streamed out-of-state somehow, because I watched it.
Noticed there are two SWX apps. One says SWX live sports??

Dbrewmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dbrewmsu » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:06 pm

Noticed there are two SWX apps. One says SWX live sports??
[/quote]

SWX live sports is what I used. Free and worked fine

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:29 pm

The fact that the entire spring game discussion was about fans here not being able to watch the spring game validates the questions, doesn’t it?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:32 pm

It validates that people shouldn't wait until game time to figure out how to watch something.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:49 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:29 pm
The fact that the entire spring game discussion was about fans here not being able to watch the spring game validates the questions, doesn’t it?
Geez man. I was just trying to help. I watched it on TV with Spectrum cable.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:53 pm

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:57 pm

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:53 am

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RICO CAT » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:02 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:53 am
If people like it they’re going to emulate it. In the 80’s MSU went to a Cats script on their helmets and the griz later followed suit with their own. Great ideas from programs across the country spread. Remember the Miami U turnover chain ? The run out of flags, sledgehammers, axes and other lethal items? Of course the #41 has deep meaning for the Montana State program paying homage the ‘41 Bobcats who lost their lives in the war effort. It’s all about tradition in college football, new and old and that’s one reason many of us love it.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”