Daveon Superales commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Daveon Superales commits

Post by Montanabob » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:45 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:15 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:02 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:56 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:23 am
Superales and WR Jabez Woods, another MSU recruit, played in the Washington 4A state championship game.
He had Woods and another WR that committed to Oregon State. I’m guessing that’s one of the reasons why despite the great numbers, not a lot of offers. It can be hard to tell if the QB is a product of the talent around him, vice versa, or a mixture.
His is listed as 6-0, 6-1, 6-2 in three different places. His team lost 31-6, so maybe he didn’t play well in that game. It’s interesting that he had so few offers despite all that.
Minus the 2 interceptions, his stats in that game look decent. Takes a team.

https://www.heraldnet.com/prepstats/?si ... Type=Teams
An article with a little more information = score looks a bit lopsided but when they gave up a Defensive score and and turned over on downs in red zone, not quite so bad.

https://www.heraldnet.com/sports/back-t ... all-title/

Lake Stevens tightened the screws in the second half. Superales, who rushed for 73 yards on 10 first-half carries, was held to just 16 yards on five rushes the rest of the way.

Lake Stevens thwarted both of G-K’s fourth-quarter drives. Brown intercepted Superales early in the frame and returned it for 39 yards, and the Vikings held down the goal line on the Eagles’ next drive for a turnover on downs at the 3-yard line to snuff out a 13-play, 65-yard drive with less than five minutes to go.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:51 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:37 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:37 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:16 pm
I think this is an example of a kid that the Cats aren't signing a few years back as he'd be going FBS. As Vigen stated, one tiny benefit of all the NIL\TP mess is that MSU is able to sign a higher caliber of players coming out of HS.
It looks like his only other published offer was from NAIA, eastern oregon. I assumed he was a be a partial scholarship/preferred walk on for us.
Hmmm, I thought I read he was a three star, which I thought meant he had several offers, I'm probably wrong.
Stars mean nothing.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:32 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:51 pm
catatac wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
I think this is an example of a kid that the Cats aren't signing a few years back as he'd be going FBS. As Vigen stated, one tiny benefit of all the NIL\TP mess is that MSU is able to sign a higher caliber of players coming out of HS.
It looks like his only other published offer was from NAIA, eastern oregon. I assumed he was a be a partial scholarship/preferred walk on for us.
Hmmm, I thought I read he was a three star, which I thought meant he had several offers, I'm probably wrong.
Stars mean nothing.
It’s true though. Star ratings typically come from getting offers. Stars aren’t a guarantee of success but star rated players as a whole do outperform no star rated players, collectively.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ike11ike
New Recruit

Post by ike11ike » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:32 pm

Man, I really like his highlights. He's a gunslinger, exhausts all opportunities to throw before running. Eastern Oregon can't be his only offer?

@goldrushbobcats on twitter

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:17 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:32 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
Stars mean nothing.
It’s true though. Star ratings typically come from getting offers. Stars aren’t a guarantee of success but star rated players as a whole do outperform no star rated players, collectively.
You hardly see zero star players anymore. At this level of football, the stars don’t mean crap.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:29 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:17 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:32 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
Stars mean nothing.
You hardly see zero star players anymore. At this level of football, the stars don’t mean crap.
I think MSU has 11 3-star and 3 2-star players. The rest (10) are zero star players. There’s no 1-star designation. A higher percentage of star rated players become starters than players with no rating.

Obviously, star ratings don’t mean someone will contribute 100% of the time or will NR players not contribute. I don’t think anyone takes star rating too seriously. They’re not much different, in terms of accuracy, than FCS power polls and stats.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:10 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter