Parking improvements around the stadium. *NEW: moved the indoor facility

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Parking improvements around the stadium. *NEW: moved the indoor facility

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:49 pm

Last edited by AFCAT on Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Parking improvements around the stadium.

Post by RICO CAT » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:50 pm

It would be nice if they relocated that lake effect body of water by the stadium and use that space for additional parking.
With the expansion of campus, a dedicated continuous loop shuttle would be nice around its perimeter someday, until a more permanent tram / light rail system could be established - Ha ! I feel for students having long walks lugging backpacks and projects, especially in inclement weather.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:24 pm

I’m not sure who devised the post game routing of traffic, but it’s horrid.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:54 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:24 pm
It's even worse when they just randomly decide to fully open Kagy leaving the east side parking to fend for themselves.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:05 am

kcatz wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:54 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
It's even worse when they just randomly decide to fully open Kagy leaving the east side parking to fend for themselves.
Making the folks in the lot between the Brick and the stadium go SOUTH on 11th is stupid too.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:25 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:05 am
kcatz wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
Making the folks in the lot between the Brick and the stadium go SOUTH on 11th is stupid too.
It’s the absolute stupidest thing I have ever been a part of. It makes it worse that they let people coming from the four way by the Fieldhouse to head south as well. It’s an absolute ****** show, I don’t even want to get started, I about blow my top every game. They need to fix that and allow the traffic to flow north of the Fieldhouse from the Fieldhouse parking lot, or south across kagy. We shouldn’t have to go all the way down to 19th. It’s actually faster to get on the interstate, if they would just let us cross Kagy and go the back way to the interstate.

If your left, you aren’t right.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:39 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:25 am
94VegasCat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:05 am
kcatz wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
It’s the absolute stupidest thing I have ever been a part of. It makes it worse that they let people coming from the four way by the Fieldhouse to head south as well. It’s an absolute ****** show, I don’t even want to get started, I about blow my top every game. They need to fix that and allow the traffic to flow north of the Fieldhouse from the Fieldhouse parking lot, or south across kagy. We shouldn’t have to go all the way down to 19th. It’s actually faster to get on the interstate, if they would just let us cross Kagy and go the back way to the interstate.
It seems crazy for sure and I'm always pissed I have to head south out of the white lot. But really I get moving pretty fast and it seems to be a decent system. After the game in Brookings the charter bus waited 45 minutes to leave, then it took at least another half hour just to get off campus. We might not have the best system but it's far from the worst!

77matman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 77matman » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:49 am

Laramie had it figured out.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:23 am

77matman wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:49 am
Laramie had it figured out.
All seven fans they have to get on the road.

Hating the griz since 02.

msugr8
New Recruit

Post by msugr8 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:30 am

The north half of the lot, closest to Brick Breeden does exit north. Personally I will trade the frustration leaving the game for opportunity to park nearby. Works fine for me as heading West but I see the issue for fans wanting to go east.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:52 am

msugr8 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:30 am
The north half of the lot, closest to Brick Breeden does exit north. Personally I will trade the frustration leaving the game for opportunity to park nearby. Works fine for me as heading West but I see the issue for fans wanting to go east.
We are in the top of the parking lot along Kagy and you will not leave that parking lot for at least 30-45 minutes at least, unless you leave before the game is over. Then they shuffle you south and to 19th, and I just want to go east. It’s about an hour to get out of town each game, if you stay for the whole game. They need to figure out something for sure. It’s a fight every game and there is always somebody screaming and yelling at somebody.

If your left, you aren’t right.

tagleason
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tagleason » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:03 am

It saddens me that Bozeman has become a place where people live here that think it is ok to honk their horn because they can. I’m curious to know the advantages.

AKCat1

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:24 am

We park for free somewhere near the Pi Phi/Pike houses and walk the short distance to the tailgates. Hit the bookstore on the way to the game to see if there is anything new/bathroom and then after the game take Garfield to Rouse to Main and we’re on I-90 heading home with minimal fuss.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:31 am

I guess I was blissfully ignorant of any traffic issues. I exit from the White lot heading South and have no problem getting to the interstate.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:51 am

PapaG wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:24 am
We park for free somewhere near the Pi Phi/Pike houses and walk the short distance to the tailgates. Hit the bookstore on the way to the game to see if there is anything new/bathroom and then after the game take Garfield to Rouse to Main and we’re on I-90 heading home with minimal fuss.
Yeah if we're going to be headed east on I 90 after the game we try to make sure to park somewhere on the east side of the stadium area for the quickest egress. Without going into detail and making this sound like the SNL skit the Californians I will say there is an even quicker way onto I 90 east.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:03 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:31 am
I guess I was blissfully ignorant of any traffic issues. I exit from the White lot heading South and have no problem getting to the interstate.
Me too, on the blissfully ignorant part.
I won’t give away my “secret” spot because I’ve never had a problem getting a spot there and I don’t want that to change. But there seems to be a lot of opportunities to park within a 5-10 min walk if the stadium, for free, and still have a super easy exit to the interstate, downtown, etc.

Just one of those things I’ve never had an issue with.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:05 pm

I am looking forward to the improvements in general though.

Fully paved parking lots sure will be nice. And there is mention of landscaping too.

I hope they put plenty of small islands in with trees, like most new business do anymore. It’ll take a few years to grow but that will be a much nicer atmosphere/aesthetic if you will, than just a giant parking lot.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:11 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:52 am
msugr8 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:30 am
We are in the top of the parking lot along Kagy and you will not leave that parking lot for at least 30-45 minutes at least, unless you leave before the game is over. Then they shuffle you south and to 19th, and I just want to go east. It’s about an hour to get out of town each game, if you stay for the whole game. They need to figure out something for sure. It’s a fight every game and there is always somebody screaming and yelling at somebody.
We just stay and postgame tailgate for an hour or so. No problem. :)

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:31 pm

Since I have been tailgating in the East side stadium lot from the 1980's, just about seen it all. Mud up to your ankles, mud wrestling, furniture bonfires, fights, passed out people, hot tubs on flatbeds, full on tackle football, severe frostbite, mud mixed with straw with the consistency of cement, shot skis, fireworks, gallon jugs of whiskey, kegs of beer, (Innocent until proven guilty), mud lakes, 10 ft high mounds of snow, very confused people unable to find their spot without (or destroyed) signage, every type of fire pit imaginable including no pit at all...hence burning clothing, tents and straw. I could go on, and did I mention mud?
About freaking time we get asphalt on the entire lot! 40 years overdue but memories that will last a lifetime. :suds:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:38 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:31 pm
Since I have been tailgating in the East side stadium lot from the 1980's, just about seen it all. Mud up to your ankles, mud wrestling, furniture bonfires, fights, passed out people, hot tubs on flatbeds, full on tackle football, severe frostbite, mud mixed with straw with the consistency of cement, shot skis, fireworks, gallon jugs of whiskey, kegs of beer, (Innocent until proven guilty), mud lakes, 10 ft high mounds of snow, very confused people unable to find their spot without (or destroyed) signage, every type of fire pit imaginable including no pit at all...hence burning clothing, tents and straw. I could go on, and did I mention mud?
About freaking time we get asphalt on the entire lot! 40 years overdue but memories that will last a lifetime. :suds:
I believe every bit of that except for the mud, your just making that part up.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!