Info about season tickets?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Re: Info about season tickets?

Post by tetoncat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:03 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:55 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:21 pm
I understand how it is working, my question is why. If they only reward paying into a system, or those who have had tickets before, how does someone new to community or new graduates who stay in Montana get tickets.
happens in every stadium and every sport. buckle up buttercup.
Thought most did waiting lists and when something opened you had a chance and they worked down this list. Didn't realize so many places didn't want new fans.

Sports is not bigger than life

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:10 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:03 pm
Montanabob wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
I understand how it is working, my question is why. If they only reward paying into a system, or those who have had tickets before, how does someone new to community or new graduates who stay in Montana get tickets.
Thought most did waiting lists and when something opened you had a chance and they worked down this list. Didn't realize so many places didn't want new fans.
MSU isn't the Green Bay Packers. You do realize that the people sitting in the additional seats purchased by the existing Season Ticket holders are also new fans, right?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:19 pm

cat-o-nine wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:24 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:15 pm
This might not really the place for it but if anyone is considering not renewing their season tickets my sister wants to start getting season tickets for her family. We tried to add to our existing package last year but they were out by the time we had a chance to buy. Looking to add 3-5 tickets, ideally at the low end of the price options (currently have endzone seats).
Last year, we upgraded from endzone season tickets to the side bleachers and bumped up from 5 seats to 6. To do this, as soon as I could, I called the ticket office and let them know we were season ticket holders interested in making this jump if seats came available. They must have put a flag on my account because as soon as the season ticket renewals opened up, I received a phone call from the ticket office and it went very smoothly from there. While you may not be able to get tickets next to your current seats, I'm pretty sure there will be something available somewhere.
Thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought of calling before the renewal and/or add-on periods.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:16 am

coloradocat wrote:
This might not really the place for it but if anyone is considering not renewing their season tickets my sister wants to start getting season tickets for her family. We tried to add to our existing package last year but they were out by the time we had a chance to buy. Looking to add 3-5 tickets, ideally at the low end of the price options (currently have endzone seats).
Of course your sister can always continue to buy (using your money) and just transfer to you. But maybe your sister doesn’t want to mess with it any more…in that case just give her a little extra for a nice dinner as a “handling fee”.

I’ve also transferred ownership of a couple of my tickets in the past. Scenario: New couple came to town. Wanted season tickets. I used the process to get a couple more and they just paid me. After a couple years they established their own ticket account. Then I signed a form transferring “ownership” of my two tickets I had bought for them to their new account. This was probably 4 years ago. But talk to one of managers in ticket office to see if you could just transfer your sister ticket account to your account for the future.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:21 am

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:19 pm
cat-o-nine wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Last year, we upgraded from endzone season tickets to the side bleachers and bumped up from 5 seats to 6. To do this, as soon as I could, I called the ticket office and let them know we were season ticket holders interested in making this jump if seats came available. They must have put a flag on my account because as soon as the season ticket renewals opened up, I received a phone call from the ticket office and it went very smoothly from there. While you may not be able to get tickets next to your current seats, I'm pretty sure there will be something available somewhere.
Thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought of calling before the renewal and/or add-on periods.
I don’t know how he did that but if it worked great. Must know people or have a priority pretty high. I’ve always been told to “get in line” (3 times now) by just putting in the request at start of the process and when the existing renewals process was over they called and I got the new tickets. That will be somewhere in mid-April this year based on above schedule.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:53 am

tetoncat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:03 pm
Montanabob wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
Do the same thing others are talking about on this thread. Do you know any season ticket holders? Have them order a few more tickets on their plan and just pay them the cost. Not a guarantee you will get tickets but it a better chance than you have now. Obviously, MSU wants new fans but the old fans have been around and paying for a long time, through the good times and the bad, so there is a benefit to that. Don’t give up. Keep trying.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 110010110 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:56 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:21 am
coloradocat wrote:
cat-o-nine wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
I don’t know how he did that but if it worked great. Must know people or have a priority pretty high. I’ve always been told to “get in line” (3 times now) by just putting in the request at start of the process and when the existing renewals process was over they called and I got the new tickets. That will be somewhere in mid-April this year based on above schedule.
I've tried doing the same thing but for a tailgate spot the last few years and I'm always told all the tailgate spots were renewed and no new ones are available. But then on gameday I notice dozens not being used. :shrug:

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:20 am

110010110 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:56 am
BobcatDel wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
cat-o-nine wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
I've tried doing the same thing but for a tailgate spot the last few years and I'm always told all the tailgate spots were renewed and no new ones are available. But then on gameday I notice dozens not being used. :shrug:
Both things can be true. All tailgate spots are sold, MSU can't force people to actually use those tailgate spots that they purchase each and every game day. :shrug:

Hopefully you added your name to the list for tailgate spots. As noted in another thread the parking lots are likely going to be reworked in the coming year to two due to the parking improvements on campus plus the addition of the indoor facility. It is possible that this could open up additional tailgate spaces as they rework and rearrange the tailgates.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 110010110 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:37 am

kmax wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:20 am
110010110 wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
cat-o-nine wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Both things can be true. All tailgate spots are sold, MSU can't force people to actually use those tailgate spots that they purchase each and every game day. :shrug:

Hopefully you added your name to the list for tailgate spots. As noted in another thread the parking lots are likely going to be reworked in the coming year to two due to the parking improvements on campus plus the addition of the indoor facility. It is possible that this could open up additional tailgate spaces as they rework and rearrange the tailgates.
I didn't mean to imply that MSU was wrong when they told me all the spots were sold just because some are open, just my frustration that so many spots go unused when there are people that would be happy to use them.

Last time I called to get on the list I was told there isn't a list, just first-come-first-served. Maybe thats changed in the last year though. It'll be interesting if they ever expand the tailgate lots into the spots north of Kagy, but that would take away from parking.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:14 pm

They're going to need to do something. A bunch of high dollar tailgate spots are about to go away, with the new IDPF being built.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:23 pm

110010110 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:37 am
kmax wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:20 am
110010110 wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
cat-o-nine wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that MSU was wrong when they told me all the spots were sold just because some are open, just my frustration that so many spots go unused when there are people that would be happy to use them.

Last time I called to get on the list I was told there isn't a list, just first-come-first-served. Maybe thats changed in the last year though. It'll be interesting if they ever expand the tailgate lots into the spots north of Kagy, but that would take away from parking.
They've had reserved tailgate spots north of Kagy for years, but only to the first boulevard in the parking lot. Everything north of that is first come-first served white parking tags.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:49 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:14 pm
They're going to need to do something. A bunch of high dollar tailgate spots are about to go away, with the new IDPF being built.
Not really. Plans have changed. Shouldn’t lose any and may even gain some depending on how the parking lot improvement project plans look. The Kagy expansion in a couple years however could cause the loss of some.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:01 pm

kmax wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:49 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:14 pm
Not really. Plans have changed. Shouldn’t lose any and may even gain some depending on how the parking lot improvement project plans look. The Kagy expansion in a couple years however could cause the loss of some.
It's not going in the south end of the west parking lot, next to the irrigation pond?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:32 pm

Just got my season ticket renewal form today. Looks like the prices went up a modest $2.50 per game for my section but the big hit is $120 price ($20 per game) for each one of my two parking passes in the South Fieldhouse lot. Those passes used to be free.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:40 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:32 pm
Just got my season ticket renewal form today. Looks like the prices went up a modest $2.50 per game for my section but the big hit is $120 price ($20 per game) for each one of my two parking passes in the South Fieldhouse lot. Those passes used to be free.
Prices have to go up to build a bigger stadium :D

Fuse lit...

AFCAT?...

Just kidding, we don't need this thread derailed in that direction :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Please ignore

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:58 pm

rivercat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:40 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Prices have to go up to build a bigger stadium :D

Fuse lit...

AFCAT?...

Just kidding, we don't need this thread derailed in that direction :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Please ignore
Well, after seven years of the 20 year master plan, I would guess the new top facility priority is stadium expansion. Just 13 more years to make it happen.

GoodTimesAllTheTime
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by GoodTimesAllTheTime » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:37 am

AFCAT wrote:
Not just used to be free, but the stated reason also just isn’t true. I parked there every game last season and there was always at least a handful of unused spots. No problems getting in and finding one an hour before kickoff either. They could at least be honest about charging a premium because they want to, not out of some concern for us, the season ticket holders.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:42 am

GoodTimesAllTheTime wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:37 am
AFCAT wrote:
Not just used to be free, but the stated reason also just isn’t true. I parked there every game last season and there was always at least a handful of unused spots. No problems getting in and finding one an hour before kickoff either. They could at least be honest about charging a premium because they want to, not out of some concern for us, the season ticket holders.
Yeah, I think it's a bit of a money grab. I don't know how many spaces they have, but say 500 spaces times $20 per space = $10K per game. That is a big fundraiser for doing essentially nothing. Oh, and MSU announced a few weeks ago that they are improving the parking lots around the stadium, so I bet this helps pay down that bill too.
https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewt ... 20&t=53629

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:15 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:42 am
AFCAT wrote:
Yeah, I think it's a bit of a money grab. I don't know how many spaces they have, but say 500 spaces times $20 per space = $10K per game. That is a big fundraiser for doing essentially nothing. Oh, and MSU announced a few weeks ago that they are improving the parking lots around the stadium, so I bet this helps pay down that bill too.
What good is paving the parking lots???? Who wants a kegger on a paved lot? bring on the dirt field in the rain.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:30 am

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:15 am
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:42 am
AFCAT wrote:
What good is paving the parking lots???? Who wants a kegger on a paved lot? bring on the dirt field in the rain.
Well, it is easier to do a keg stand on more solid ground.