Old scoreboard

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Old scoreboard

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:51 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:47 pm
I’m too old to hump out for piss, beer, and piss again within 20min.
Sad part, the hump is the quickest part of all of those things 😂

Punters are people too!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:32 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:51 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:47 pm
I’m too old to hump out for piss, beer, and piss again within 20min.
Amen. It's getting harder to make it out and back at halftime without missing minutes at the end of the first half and start of the second half. And I'm not willing to miss one minute of Bobcat football!
I have a pretty decent process nailed down. My seats are in the end zone seats, next to the band. I'll usually pick a time with 2 or 3 minutes left in the half, depending on what's going on with the game, who has the ball, what end the Cats are defending, etc. Then will start working my way down during a timeout or something. then SLOWLY work down around the student section, watching every play - and then pick a time to zip over past the concessions and hit the restroom quick... and there is usually not a line yet. Then will pop out into one of the stadium entrances and watch a play or two... and eventually end up on the grassy SRO hill and watch the last play of the half. This makes it easy to shoot out to one of the tailgates for a beer or two and make it back in time for kickoff. If I'm running a little late getting back in, I'll reverse it all... and honestly I'll sometimes watch the 2nd half from the SRO area.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:16 pm

Latest weather cam update. Doesn't look like much work was done this week, at least to the amateurs eye.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:13 am

Au Blue wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:17 pm
I'm assuming the sightline of the back is pretty limited with the BAC. I imagine you'd have to be pretty far in the Brick parking lot or elevated to see the bottom of the scoreboard Image
I was there the other day and you can easily see the top three catwalks from Kagy right out in front of the BAC. So I'd say 75% of the scoreboard is easily visible from everywhere but directly in front of the BAC. I think that's going to be a really cool new sign for the stadium. I hope they just put something really bold on there that you can see/read from a mile away.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:18 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:13 am
Au Blue wrote:
I'm assuming the sightline of the back is pretty limited with the BAC. I imagine you'd have to be pretty far in the Brick parking lot or elevated to see the bottom of the scoreboard Image
I was there the other day and you can easily see the top three catwalks from Kagy right out in front of the BAC. So I'd say 75% of the scoreboard is easily visible from everywhere but directly in front of the BAC. I think that's going to be a really cool new sign for the stadium. I hope they just put something really bold on there that you can see/read from a mile away.
How about; FTG

Hopefully they can read that from 200+ miles away.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:30 am

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:18 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Au Blue wrote:
How about; FTG

Haha that would be a hit. The scoreboard is big enough for massive letters and I think we're all going to be surprised how much we love the look of it from outside the stadium...unless they do something dumb with it!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:07 pm

This morning I’m pretty sure I saw part of the scoreboard in the Walmart parking lot. Was heading out skiing and a semi was parked in Laurel with a huge cage like deal with a big bobcat head on it.

If your left, you aren’t right.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:18 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:07 pm
This morning I’m pretty sure I saw part of the scoreboard in the Walmart parking lot. Was heading out skiing and a semi was parked in Laurel with a huge cage like deal with a big bobcat head on it.
Smart man waiting until the roads were clear to make the final 120 miles. The last thing we need is one of those trucks in the ditch on its side.

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rfischer94 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:46 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:18 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Au Blue wrote:
How about; FTG

:lol: :lol: :lol:

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:39 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:18 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Smart man waiting until the roads were clear to make the final 120 miles. The last thing we need is one of those trucks in the ditch on its side.
Surprised Tom didn’t post this yet!

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:53 pm

coachouert wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:39 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Or an after game cage match. Holy smokes!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:37 pm

coachouert wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Saw this on X and reposted it there within two minutes but then whiffed on getting it on here. Off my game.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:47 pm

coachouert wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

So from the renderings, this looks like it'll go dead center on the top of the scoreboard. With "Bobcat" and "Stadium" flanking it on the sides

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:48 am

damnyoutuesday wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:47 pm
coachouert wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

So from the renderings, this looks like it'll go dead center on the top of the scoreboard. With "Bobcat" and "Stadium" flanking it on the sides
That piece is about 10’ tall and the flanking pieces are a little over 5’. The scoreboard itself is 30’ tall by 100’ wide, so it’s at least 35’ tall throughout the length. The scoreboard width with trimming is 103’. So 103’ x 35 = 3,605 + 330 = 3905. ~3,900 sqft. BB court is 4,700. If there’s trim around top and bottom, then probably over 4,000 sqft.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:01 pm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A new era of Bobcat Football is coming 🔜<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BobcatBuilt ... atBuilt</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoCatsGo?sr ... oCatsGo</a> <a href="https://t.co/VyERW9empx">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Montana State Football (@MSUBobcats_FB) <a href=" 25, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:04 pm

I like that they aren’t wasting any time getting the new parts up. Cool video.

Team10

Post by Team10 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:04 am

I really hope they have more speakers going up on both sides of what was just put up. Fans are gonna be pretty disappointed with the sound if that doesn't happen.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:13 am

Team10 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:04 am
I really hope they have more speakers going up on both sides of what was just put up. Fans are gonna be pretty disappointed with the sound if that doesn't happen.
Audio system details
The new custom audio system will be installed and integrated with the video display system at Bobcat Stadium. This system will feature clear, intelligible speech for complete understanding of every call made on the field. It will also include a booming audio experience for fans to feel the music while in their seats at the stadium.

St George

Post by St George » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:59 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:13 am
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details
The new custom audio system will be installed and integrated with the video display system at Bobcat Stadium. This system will feature clear, intelligible speech for complete understanding of every call made on the field. It will also include a booming audio experience for fans to feel the music while in their seats at the stadium.
I hope they don't take the BOOM out of the new sound system the way they took the boom out of the cannon.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:13 am
Team10 wrote:
Audio system details
... which means we'll again see "noiseshed" letters to the editor after Gold Rush by the local sticks in the mud.

](*,)

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: