Old scoreboard

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Old scoreboard

Post by Cats15 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:07 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:04 am
With base being 27’ up, there’s plenty of room for seating between the end zone and the scoreboard. If the seating is elevated to match the NEZ, I’m think you could get 6-8-10 rows to fit in there. Should have about 20 vertical feet to work with. I’m not sure how far back the scoreboard is from the end line but it seems sufficient based on my memory. You can also have the seating overhang the seating’s support base to allow for more room and get fans closer to the action. Would be a fun place to sit as you’d be just a few feet away from some huge plays on occasion.

Probably push the seating capacity over 20,000 (20,007).
For what they make on the cabana's down in that location, I highly doubt there is much of an incentive for them to construct new seating there when the university will probably lose money.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:12 am

Cats15 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:07 am
TomCat88 wrote:
With base being 27’ up, there’s plenty of room for seating between the end zone and the scoreboard. If the seating is elevated to match the NEZ, I’m think you could get 6-8-10 rows to fit in there. Should have about 20 vertical feet to work with. I’m not sure how far back the scoreboard is from the end line but it seems sufficient based on my memory. You can also have the seating overhang the seating’s support base to allow for more room and get fans closer to the action. Would be a fun place to sit as you’d be just a few feet away from some huge plays on occasion.

For what they make on the cabana's down in that location, I highly doubt there is much of an incentive for them to construct new seating there when the university will probably lose money.
This has been discussed in past threads. It looks like the future end zone stands will be elevated, allowing for some sort of a party area area beneath them. Similar to the University of Washington.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

RockyBearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RockyBearCat » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:21 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:12 am
Cats15 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

This has been discussed in past threads. It looks like the future end zone stands will be elevated, allowing for some sort of a party area area beneath them. Similar to the University of Washington.
That looks great.

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:31 am

RockyBearCat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:21 am
AFCAT wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

That looks great.
Oh, well then, yeah that make sense. Also, looks awesome!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:39 am

AFCAT wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I don’t MSU has ever said publicly about what the NEZ would look like. But Washington’s endzone has been talked about at length on BN.

Hating the griz since 02.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:02 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:39 am
AFCAT wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I don’t MSU has ever said publicly about what the NEZ would look like. But Washington’s endzone has been talked about at length on BN.
I think it was KMAX that originally brought this up for what MSU was planning for the end zone. My apologies if it wasn't him.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

St George

Post by St George » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:51 pm

CodyCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

The 20 year Master plan showed seating in the north end zone, but as with the Indoor Practice facility, plans do change.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:58 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

That’d be very nice. Like the overhang.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

RICO CAT

Post by RICO CAT » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:58 pm

North End Zone and scoreboard 1983 North End Zone and scoreboard 2024

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:32 pm

RICO CAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:58 pm

Is that 1983 photo the Cat-gris game? I’d be surprised there would be that many people at a non Cat-gris game that season.

RICO CAT

Post by RICO CAT » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:37 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:32 pm
RICO CAT wrote:

Is that 1983 photo the Cat-gris game? I’d be surprised there would be that many people at a non Cat-gris game that season.
It is indeed.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:28 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:02 pm
CodyCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I think it was KMAX that originally brought this up for what MSU was planning for the end zone. My apologies if it wasn't him.
Correct, I am the one that has said that and has come from several conversations I have had with folks at MSU. Obviously as mentioned the bottom would be similar to that but there would only be a handful of rows of seats (maybe 5-8ish?) above that to the level of the BAC second floor windows.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:56 pm

kmax wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:28 pm
AFCAT wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Correct, I am the one that has said that and has come from several conversations I have had with folks at MSU. Obviously as mentioned the bottom would be similar to that but there would only be a handful of rows of seats (maybe 5-8ish?) above that to the level of the BAC second floor windows.
Could go higher once it gets past the ends of the scoreboard but might be some obstructed view.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:39 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:56 pm
kmax wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:28 pm
AFCAT wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Could go higher once it gets past the ends of the scoreboard but might be some obstructed view.
If they did the corners I could see going higher past the ends of the BAC building but in the endzone itself I think the limiting factor on height is the windows of the BAC not the scoreboard in any way

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

St George

Post by St George » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:51 pm

There is a rendering on the master plan showing the seating, but I am not good with posting photos.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:14 pm

St George wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:51 pm
There is a rendering on the master plan showing the seating, but I am not good with posting photos.
Yeah, that’s the 2017 master plan. I think the plan has changed quite a bit since then.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:49 pm

I am assuming if we did like the Huskies, we would only build seating up to right below the windows of the BAC correct? I don’t see them covering those up. Seating on the sides would be cool to see, like where the grass hill is and where the parents gather after the game.

Punters are people too!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:28 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:49 pm
I am assuming if we did like the Huskies, we would only build seating up to right below the windows of the BAC correct? I don’t see them covering those up. Seating on the sides would be cool to see, like where the grass hill is and where the parents gather after the game.
No, if you look at an aerial view of the stadium, follow the walkway around the South end zone and the West grandstands and any future extension of the walkway would end up right under the BAC windows, so seats wouldn’t extend to the windows. I would think the corners of the stadium would be filled in with seating. The North end zone is more problematic with the scoreboard where it is. Some seating behind the board would have issues with field sight lines due to the scoreboard pilings. I’m betting on a plaza of some sort in that window area with minimal seating of a few rows up to the pilings or slightly behind them. It will be interesting to see what they come up with in the future.

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:27 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:28 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:49 pm
No, if you look at an aerial view of the stadium, follow the walkway around the South end zone and the West grandstands and any future extension of the walkway would end up right under the BAC windows, so seats wouldn’t extend to the windows. I would think the corners of the stadium would be filled in with seating. The North end zone is more problematic with the scoreboard where it is. Some seating behind the board would have issues with field sight lines due to the scoreboard pilings. I’m betting on a plaza of some sort in that window area with minimal seating of a few rows up to the pilings or slightly behind them. It will be interesting to see what they come up with in the future.
I feel like the most likely answer is a walkway/plaza at the level of the BAC second floor windows or at the same level as the walkway in the SEZ, with permanent field level suites beneath that

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:42 am

RICO CAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:37 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:32 pm
RICO CAT wrote:

It is indeed.
That guy wearing #47 would make the legendary play of all legendary plays the year after that photo was taken and right about where he is looking at in the photo. :D
Last edited by AFCAT on Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.