Old scoreboard

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Au Blue
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Old scoreboard

Post by Au Blue » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

My old brain may be failing my memory, but I seem to recall the current audio system sounding great for a couple of years. I recall Alpha offering to tune it... not sure if that's what actually happened. I have complete faith the new system is more than adequate and will be very clear. Now, if someone would just stop touching the knobs on the mixing board.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

Au Blue wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am
My old brain may be failing my memory, but I seem to recall the current audio system sounding great for a couple of years. I recall Alpha offering to tune it... not sure if that's what actually happened. I have complete faith the new system is more than adequate and will be very clear. Now, if someone would just stop touching the knobs on the mixing board.
Ya they rode the base too high for the system and caused the system to fail prematurely

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm

Well, that's a new stadium cam view.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

Au Blue wrote:
Like alpha as in AG1 fixed it?

Then it makes a lot of sense as to why it failed. That dude knows how to...well I'm not gonna go there. Lol

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

I could consider a noise complaint as legitimate if they lived there prior to the stadium being built in 1973. After that, if you are moving into a home near a stadium, you should have the common sense to recognize that noise might be generated from the stadium.

As for the noise itself, I have had to leave games early a handful of times. The noise from the stadium is not an issue when you are outside of it. At the nearby apartments, A motorcycle driving by on the street is way louder than noise from the stadium.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

I didnt know they were replacing the south endzone board as well.

Hating the griz since 02.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

lutecat wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm
Au Blue wrote:
Like alpha as in AG1 fixed it?

Then it makes a lot of sense as to why it failed. That dude knows how to...well I'm not gonna go there. Lol
Say whatever you want, but the guys knows his way around A/V equipment.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

Wondering if the old one was maybe not compatible with the new Daktroinics controller

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm
CodyCat wrote:

Wondering if the old one was maybe not compatible with the new Daktroinics controller
Maybe that’s what they mean by a ‘fixed-digit scoreboard’ in this statement.

Additional equipment
Along with the LED video display, Montana State will be installing a fixed-digit scoreboard, locker room clocks, delay of game clocks, two back-lit advertising panels and a Daktronics integrated control solution. All of these additional components keep the Bobcats and their fans up to date with everything happening on game day.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm
CodyCat wrote:

Maybe that’s what they mean by a ‘fixed-digit scoreboard’ in this statement.

Additional equipment
Along with the LED video display, Montana State will be installing a fixed-digit scoreboard, locker room clocks, delay of game clocks, two back-lit advertising panels and a Daktronics integrated control solution. All of these additional components keep the Bobcats and their fans up to date with everything happening on game day.
Yeah, we were told that it would be updated on the south end so that everything would work together on the same system.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:32 pm

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:54 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:32 pm
Image 8)

Thanks for posting the pictures. Quite an improvement. I see some impressive looking horns and subwoofer as well! Should bang!

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:06 pm

Yes thanks for the pictures AFCAT. Knowing nothing about large screens like this I’ll ask what’s probably a stupid question. The parts going up on the bottom half aren’t the actual screen are they?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:20 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:06 pm
Yes thanks for the pictures AFCAT. Knowing nothing about large screens like this I’ll ask what’s probably a stupid question. The parts going up on the bottom half aren’t the actual screen are they?
No, they will hold the screen in place

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:06 am

damnyoutuesday wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:20 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
It's kind of funny what preconceptions a person can have. For some reason, I thought the new scoreboard would be a giant one or three piece unit that would be lowered onto the pilings. Kind of like how the last scoreboard was built. I didn't expect how complicated and advanced this new scoreboard would be. I really wish there was a camera pointed full time on the construction because I absolutely love watching and learning how these type of projects are being built or installed. The installers were working on a Saturday too...big kudos. =D^

BTW, the minor OCD portion of my brain can't handle them not cleaning the road grime off that upper section, with the Bobcat head on it, before installation. I know, the rain will clean it off, but.....arrrrrggghhh. :lol:

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:45 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:06 am
damnyoutuesday wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
It's kind of funny what preconceptions a person can have. For some reason, I thought the new scoreboard would be a giant one or three piece unit that would be lowered onto the pilings. Kind of like how the last scoreboard was built. I didn't expect how complicated and advanced this new scoreboard would be. I really wish there was a camera pointed full time on the construction because I absolutely love watching and learning how these type of projects are being built or installed. The installers were working on a Saturday too...big kudos. =D^

BTW, the minor OCD portion of my brain can't handle them not cleaning the road grime off that upper section, with the Bobcat head on it, before installation. I know, the rain will clean it off, but.....arrrrrggghhh. :lol:
Yeah that unwashed top part bothers me a little too but what bugs me a little more is how almost all the bottom parts have identical white square patterns except for 2 in the middle of the bottom row are different. Did those 2 not get put together right? I always notice patterns, and when a pattern is broken it makes me ask why. It can serve a person well in the right circumstances.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:29 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:45 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:06 am
damnyoutuesday wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

Yeah that unwashed top part bothers me a little too but what bugs me a little more is how almost all the bottom parts have identical white square patterns except for 2 in the middle of the bottom row are different. Did those 2 not get put together right? I always notice patterns, and when a pattern is broken it makes me ask why. It can serve a person well in the right circumstances.
I noticed all the crates holding the panels were numbered and the panels were basically all the same size. You can see some of the them sitting on the ground ready to be hoisted into position. I’m sure they got it right. I saw the play clock sitting by the BAC too and that thing was huge, seemed a lot larger than the old ones.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:56 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:54 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:32 pm
Image 8)

Thanks for posting the pictures. Quite an improvement. I see some impressive looking horns and subwoofer as well! Should bang!
Photos (2D) hardly ever capture the overall look of the stadium. This was the case for the EZ project and it holds true for the scoreboard. It’s a pretty significant change to the entire feel of the place when it was just the framework, so once it’s complete it’ll really pop. I think it’ll really close in the north EZ.
Last edited by TomCat88 on Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:04 am

With base being 27’ up, there’s plenty of room for seating between the end zone and the scoreboard. If the seating is elevated to match the NEZ, I’m think you could get 6-8-10 rows to fit in there. Should have about 20 vertical feet to work with. I’m not sure how far back the scoreboard is from the end line but it seems sufficient based on my memory. You can also have the seating overhang the seating’s support base to allow for more room and get fans closer to the action. Would be a fun place to sit as you’d be just a few feet away from some huge plays on occasion.

Probably push the seating capacity over 20,000 (20,007).

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:01 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:04 am
With base being 27’ up, there’s plenty of room for seating between the end zone and the scoreboard. If the seating is elevated to match the NEZ, I’m think you could get 6-8-10 rows to fit in there. Should have about 20 vertical feet to work with. I’m not sure how far back the scoreboard is from the end line but it seems sufficient based on my memory. You can also have the seating overhang the seating’s support base to allow for more room and get fans closer to the action. Would be a fun place to sit as you’d be just a few feet away from some huge plays on occasion.

Probably push the seating capacity over 20,000 (20,007).
I wonder if the next version of the development plan will be something like your talking about or if they'll just enclose the end zone around the BAC and leave the area in front of it and under the scoreboard for the higher priced cabana suites. That would probably make financial sense (since the EZ seats there would otherwise probably become a student section?) and would allow the coaches to still use the windows in the BAC (instead of looking at the back of seating).

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!