Housewright to Akron

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Housewright to Akron

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:04 am

In the past decade we've had a coordinator take a job at another school, promote internally to replace him, and then have the first coordinator come back and continue to ruin our defense (hint) that very next year because his job fell through at his new school. So I don't think we're remiss to talk about how weird it is that Akron isn't mentioning anything about him

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:28 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:04 am
In the past decade we've had a coordinator take a job at another school, promote internally to replace him, and then have the first coordinator come back and continue to ruin our defense (hint) that very next year because his job fell through at his new school. So I don't think we're remiss to talk about how weird it is that Akron isn't mentioning anything about him
I'm not too concerned about Housewright ruining our defense.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

tdub

Post by tdub » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:36 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:28 am
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
But he definitely ruined a lot of others! :twisted:

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

blueandgoldblitz

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:05 am

coloradocat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
I'm not either, but I don't think it's weird to talk about the fact that Akron hasn't acknowledged that he's working for them. Did the administration find out about the DUI's afterwards and block the hire? And if so, does Vigen let Housewright come back and then we have an awkward co-offensive coordinator situation? I don't think that's going to happen but I think it's still relevant to discuss.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:09 am

Doesn’t happen often that a successful young coach just kind of disappears from the football world. It is a bit strange that Akron never has had anything on their official website about their alleged hotshot Offensive Coordinator hire.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:10 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:05 am
coloradocat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
I'm not either, but I don't think it's weird to talk about the fact that Akron hasn't acknowledged that he's working for them. Did the administration find out about the DUI's afterwards and block the hire? And if so, does Vigen let Housewright come back and then we have an awkward co-offensive coordinator situation? I don't think that's going to happen but I think it's still relevant to discuss.
All I had to do was scroll down a bit further and see this, which are my thoughts too on the Housewright situation. Is there a chance he ends up back on staff? Did he simply wear out his welcome here and made his own “leak” to 406 Sports about Akron when he didn’t officially have that job? It’s very strange that he just sort of disappeared from any coaching news considering his success at MSU even with the pending charges.

What a ride

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:54 am

Use your common sense guys, there's absolutely no chance that Vigen will bring Housewright back after promoting someone else to OC. It's definitely an odd situation, Akron hasn't announced the hire of anyone as their new OC yet which you'd think would've happened by mid-March when spring practices are about to begin. Perhaps he's "quietly" on staff there but they're waiting for his DUI case to finally be resolved before announcing it. Maybe he was never going to Akron and the media just got it wrong. All the release put out by MSU said was that he was leaving to pursue other opportunities.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:07 am

PapaG wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:10 am
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
All I had to do was scroll down a bit further and see this, which are my thoughts too on the Housewright situation. Is there a chance he ends up back on staff? Did he simply wear out his welcome here and made his own “leak” to 406 Sports about Akron when he didn’t officially have that job? It’s very strange that he just sort of disappeared from any coaching news considering his success at MSU even with the pending charges.
The report came from Football scoop, and they get more sources than just one side.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:24 am

I hope he gets his personal "house" in order and becomes a very successful OC.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:24 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:07 am
PapaG wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
The report came from Football scoop, and they get more sources than just one side.
Zach should consider never using these two sources again because something is amiss here.

What a ride

imacat

Post by imacat » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:08 pm

I suspect that when Akron gets around to updating its website, Housewright will be on the staff.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:29 pm

imacat wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:08 pm
I suspect that when Akron gets around to updating its website, Housewright will be on the staff.
Yeah, the old Akron OC is currently at UCLA but is still listed on the Akron roster. I’m sure there will be something out on their web page or media by the end of Spring ball.

Maybe Housewright was in charge of updating the MSU and Akron rosters. :-k
https://gozips.com/sports/football/coaches/2023

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:35 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:24 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:07 am
PapaG wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Zach should consider never using these two sources again because something is amiss here.
Meh. You guys are acting on pure speculation. Maybe there’s something to it, maybe there isn’t. We’ll find out in due time.

I would guess it has more to do with nobody caring about Akron football, personally.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:04 pm

Someone mentioned that his football X account is no longer. If true, that means more to me than a website roster. But who knows if it is really anything at all.

Has there been a hearing in his criminal case?

Hating the griz since 02.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:35 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:29 pm
imacat wrote:
Yeah, the old Akron OC is currently at UCLA but is still listed on the Akron roster. I’m sure there will be something out on their web page or media by the end of Spring ball.

Click on 2024
https://gozips.com/sports/football/coaches/2024

No OC listed

He is probably just not added yet.
Speculation

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:21 pm

DMMDCats wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:35 pm
AFCAT wrote:
imacat wrote:

Click on 2024
https://gozips.com/sports/football/coaches/2024

No OC listed

He is probably just not added yet.
Speculation
Yup, I got 2023 for some reason.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:49 am

AFCAT wrote:
imacat wrote:

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:22 am

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:49 am
AFCAT wrote:
imacat wrote:

I hope he gets everything in order. I'm probably assuming this is more related to the DUI, but maybe it's something else. The DUI, while not smart, shouldn't be a career-ender. Maybe he has to go down a level for a while, but I think he's certainly talented enough to be in the football business if he wants to go through that grind. The business has changed though and for a lot of guys it's not worth it.

blueandgoldblitz

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:16 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:22 am
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
imacat wrote:

I hope he gets everything in order. I'm probably assuming this is more related to the DUI, but maybe it's something else. The DUI, while not smart, shouldn't be a career-ender. Maybe he has to go down a level for a while, but I think he's certainly talented enough to be in the football business if he wants to go through that grind. The business has changed though and for a lot of guys it's not worth it.
I was looking into the case records of his DUI to see if that had been settled and noticed that he had a civil case back around Cat/Griz that states that he got divorced. Now, it could just be someone with a similar name and I can't be sure it's him but he may be going through a lot of personal matters at the moment and I feel for him. The DUI was 100% his fault but I don't wish divorce on anyone.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:24 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:16 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:22 am
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
imacat wrote:

I was looking into the case records of his DUI to see if that had been settled and noticed that he had a civil case back around Cat/Griz that states that he got divorced. Now, it could just be someone with a similar name and I can't be sure it's him but he may be going through a lot of personal matters at the moment and I feel for him. The DUI was 100% his fault but I don't wish divorce on anyone.
Oh wow, that's a lot to deal with. The stress of that court case and the stress of a divorce--along with the usual stress of being a college football coach--has to be brutal. I personally didn't like him the last year or two, but after hearing all of this I'm definitely pulling for him to stay ahead of this and not let it derail his whole professional life.