Singleton- NFL record

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Singleton- NFL record

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:21 pm

Might have been posted somewhere else, but wow! Very impressive!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: Singleton- NFL record

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:50 pm

Damn! What a boss.
I remember when he signed here, there was a large sentiment he was legit NFL talent. Been fun to watch him.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:58 pm

A bunch of Denver fans posting that he was always tackling them 5 to 8 yards downfield and throwing shade on him.
But the question should be, why is he the only one getting the tackles? Where is the rest of the team?
Besides on a beach somewhere enjoying Pina Colada's instead of being in the playoffs.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:21 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:58 pm
A bunch of Denver fans posting that he was always tackling them 5 to 8 yards downfield and throwing shade on him.
But the question should be, why is he the only one getting the tackles? Where is the rest of the team?
Besides on a beach somewhere enjoying Pina Colada's instead of being in the playoffs.
They aren't wrong, but you are also right. Nobody else was anywhere around to make tackles. In my opinion Alex has 2 big weaknesses. Getting off blocks and taking poor angles. Both of which result in more tackles downfield. He's a solid LB, but he isn't a Pro Bowl LB.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:46 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:21 pm
Montanabob wrote:
They aren't wrong, but you are also right. Nobody else was anywhere around to make tackles. In my opinion Alex has 2 big weaknesses. Getting off blocks and taking poor angles. Both of which result in more tackles downfield. He's a solid LB, but he isn't a Pro Bowl LB.
So you're saying the defense is designed to get him ALL those tackles and it was his fault they were downfield. Apparently you've never watched Jewell. Guy may be way more athletic but was always overrunning and missing tackles. Singleton had to clean up for him quite a bit.

Singleton is not some crazy athletic freak and doesn't make as many splash plays as some other guys(which is all pro-bowl voters care about) but he is probably the most consistent LB in the league.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

basincat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by basincat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:08 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
This argument has never held water. Okay, so apparently all the other guys are making all their tackles at the line of scrimmage. They should still have the same amount of tackles right? Shouldn't matter numbers wise if you make it at the line of scrimmage or 5 yards downfield right? No. They don't have as many tackles because they aren't putting themselves in the position to make that many tackles. He might have some weaknesses, but you don't put up those stats by being ******. He's always around the ball. He doesn't give up on plays. Sure as ****** wasn't their defense that kept them from the playoffs.

Travelingcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Travelingcat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:47 pm

I think the PFF ratings on players like Singleton consistently underrate Singleton's ability to be smart and put himself in the right position when other people are not in position. He clearly has limitations, particularly in coverage and is not a Pro-Bowler, but I think he is a well-above average starting LB.

This advanced analytics had him leading the NFL in "tackles over expected" and I think that is an indication of his value.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:55 pm

Travelingcat wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:47 pm
I think the PFF ratings on players like Singleton consistently underrate Singleton's ability to be smart and put himself in the right position when other people are not in position. He clearly has limitations, particularly in coverage and is not a Pro-Bowler, but I think he is a well-above average starting LB.

This advanced analytics had him leading the NFL in "tackles over expected" and I think that is an indication of his value.

Nice, 2 Cats on that list.

Sports is not bigger than life

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:10 pm

Montanabob wrote:
So I guess by this standard, if Alex is late to the tackle, then he shouldn't even make the tackle? Just let the offensive player continue to run by and hope someone else makes the tackle? This is the stupidest thought process ever...Bronco fans are stupid

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:40 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:10 pm
Montanabob wrote:
So I guess by this standard, if Alex is late to the tackle, then he shouldn't even make the tackle? Just let the offensive player continue to run by and hope someone else makes the tackle? This is the stupidest thought process ever...Bronco fans are stupid
Exactly right! Two questions they need to ask themselves. Why hasn’t someone else made the stop? What if Alex doesn’t make the stop? Everyone of those ball carriers would have more yards, more first downs, more touchdowns without Alex getting in their way. Are the other linebackers blitzing more and leaving the cleanup to Alex? A guy that stops plays is a good guy to have.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:07 pm

technoCat wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:46 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
So you're saying the defense is designed to get him ALL those tackles and it was his fault they were downfield. Apparently you've never watched Jewell. Guy may be way more athletic but was always overrunning and missing tackles. Singleton had to clean up for him quite a bit.

Singleton is not some crazy athletic freak and doesn't make as many splash plays as some other guys(which is all pro-bowl voters care about) but he is probably the most consistent LB in the league.
That's not at all what I'm saying. And you're right, Jewell is meh. The fact remains that Alex has some glaring weaknesses. Alex is always around the ball, which is a lot more than I can say about a lot of guys. He also had 106 missed tackles this year. I'm not trying to crap on him, I think he's a good LB.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:16 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:07 pm
technoCat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

That's not at all what I'm saying. And you're right, Jewell is meh. The fact remains that Alex has some glaring weaknesses. Alex is always around the ball, which is a lot more than I can say about a lot of guys. He also had 106 missed tackles this year. I'm not trying to crap on him, I think he's a good LB.
Yeah I dont buy that. He had 106 solo tackles. Seems unlikely if he missed as much as he hit, he would still have a job.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:24 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
technoCat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

So if he had 172 and missed 106, he was in position to make a play 278 times. Was anyone else on the defense?

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:00 am

tetoncat wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:24 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
technoCat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

So if he had 172 and missed 106, he was in position to make a play 278 times. Was anyone else on the defense?
Jewell was the next closest with 108 total, Cooper 72, Simmons, 70. As a team the Broncos had just shy of 700 missed tackles.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:50 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:00 am
tetoncat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
technoCat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

Jewell was the next closest with 108 total, Cooper 72, Simmons, 70. As a team the Broncos had just shy of 700 missed tackles.
So he had 172 Tackles. The other LB had 108 but they criticize him for missing. If you are around the ball 278 times you are in right position. If you make tackles 5 yd downfield from opposite side you are covering for others who should have made a play.
I'm curious. If D Lines all get blocked and RB goes thru a hole and LB makes tackle for 3 yd gain. Does all dlu e get a missed tackle, the o e or two closest? Or, is it only if they .make an attempt to tackle.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:33 am

Former Bobcat great Alex sets an NFL record and we have @BleedingBLue “out of the blue” sh*tting all over him in a thread acknowledging the record. I’d also like to see the source of the “missed tackles” stat because 106 seems ridiculously high and he’d be out of the league with over 6 missed a game.

Awesome job, guy. Really showed him and his “glaring weaknesses.” I assume you’re a Donkey fan.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:33 pm

PapaG wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:33 am
Former Bobcat great Alex sets an NFL record and we have @BleedingBLue “out of the blue” sh*tting all over him in a thread acknowledging the record. I’d also like to see the source of the “missed tackles” stat because 106 seems ridiculously high and he’d be out of the league with over 6 missed a game.

Awesome job, guy. Really showed him and his “glaring weaknesses.” I assume you’re a Donkey fan.
Here's one for you. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/nfl-mi ... aders-2023

You can call me out all you want (you're one of the worst/rudest posters on here), but the fact remains he has weaknesses. Who doesn't???

Edit: It's also hilarious how many people on here talk so much sh*t about lil Bobby and his tackle numbers, but praise Alex for his. Tackle stats are pretty much meaningless.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:59 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:33 pm
PapaG wrote:

You can call me out all you want (you're one of the worst/rudest posters on here), but the fact remains he has weaknesses. Who doesn't???

Edit: It's also hilarious how many people on here talk so much sh*t about lil Bobby and his tackle numbers, but praise Alex for his. Tackle stats are pretty much meaningless.
Um, that’s total tackles made. I don’t care what your search says, but those numbers line up exactly with total solo tackles made, so you’re wrong and you’re attacking Alex with BS information. Can’t believe I’m having to defend the best Bobcat player in the NFL on the Bobcat board, yet here we go. Plus he throws in Robbie Haick’s tackling to slam Alex. WOW!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ed_defense

Here is where he is for the regular season via Pro Football Reference. 171 combined tackles/106 solo tackles/15 missed tackles. Look at his advance stats.

You added 91 missed tackles to his total for reasons that defy any actual football knowledge as he’d be out of the league with that number of misses. Anyone with even a passing interest in the game knows how outrageously high your number was for him.

You mistook his solo tackles for misses. Hilarious! You’re so wrong in the stats you offered up and you even defend Hauck to slam Alex. Typical Bronco fan. Knows almost nothing about football.

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:09 pm

tetoncat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
technoCat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

He missed 15. @BleedingBLue is posting false numbers. He’d never see the field if he was 50% in solo tackling opportunities as he had 106 solo tackles.

Alex also played 97% of the defensive snaps for Denver on the season. Not bad for a guy with “glaring” weaknesses.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ngAl00.htm

What a ride

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:53 pm

PapaG wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:59 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:33 pm
PapaG wrote:

Um, that’s total tackles made. I don’t care what your search says, but those numbers line up exactly with total solo tackles made, so you’re wrong and you’re attacking Alex with BS information. Can’t believe I’m having to defend the best Bobcat player in the NFL on the Bobcat board, yet here we go. Plus he throws in Robbie Haick’s tackling to slam Alex. WOW!

Here is where he is for the regular season via Pro Football Reference. 171 combined tackles/106 solo tackles/15 missed tackles. Look at his advance stats.

You added 91 missed tackles to his total for reasons that defy any actual football knowledge as he’d be out of the league with that number of misses. Anyone with even a passing interest in the game knows how outrageously high your number was for him.

You mistook his solo tackles for misses. Hilarious! You’re so wrong in the stats you offered up and you even defend Hauck to slam Alex. Typical Bronco fan. Knows almost nothing about football.
Hey I'm a broncos fan and this was exactly what I was trying to point out! :D just did a really bad job of it!