Risk Management

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Risk Management

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:27 pm

I just put $200 on the frizz to cover at +10.5. If the Jacks roll, I'm happy even though I'm $200 poorer. If the frizz lose a squeaker I'm a little less happy about the game, but I'll win $200 and it'll go right to the 'Cat football program. If, some how the frizz win, at least the 'Cat football program benefits to the tune of $200. Risk management is the appropriate term, I believe.

Clinton T
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Risk Management

Post by Clinton T » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:43 pm

I did 1k for the Jacks to cover 11.5. Griz on the road are a different team and the offense, going against the best defense in the FCS, has been putrid as of late. Oh, and the Jacks are the best offense in the FCS with several NFL-bound players. 30+ seniors. This game is going to be an a$$ kicking. I will come back here and eat crow if it isn't.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:35 pm

Goddamn, you guys are too rich for my blood. I did a $30 parlay for Washington to win and the gris to cover.

If your left, you aren’t right.

BFcatfan

Post by BFcatfan » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:54 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:35 pm
Goddamn, you guys are too rich for my blood. I did a $30 parlay for Washington to win and the gris to cover.
Great minds think alike. I don’t gamble because every time
I do I lose, so I put $100 on the Jizz to win. If for some freak reason they do I’ll be $430 to the plus side and I’ll throw more money at the NIL.. But I really hope I lose that $100. Trying to outsmart myself… ha ha…It isn’t hard to do..

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:03 pm

BFcatfan wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:54 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
I do I lose, so I put $100 on the Jizz to win. If for some freak reason they do I’ll be $430 to the plus side and I’ll throw more money at the NIL.. But I really hope I lose that $100. Trying to outsmart myself… ha ha…It isn’t hard to do..
You and I are thinking alike. I figure since I'm an unlucky gambler, betting on the frizz will somehow help the Jacks blow them out. Any little thing I can do to help the Jacks I feel obligated to do.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:05 pm

Clinton T wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:43 pm
I did 1k for the Jacks to cover 11.5. Griz on the road are a different team and the offense, going against the best defense in the FCS, has been putrid as of late. Oh, and the Jacks are the best offense in the FCS with several NFL-bound players. 30+ seniors. This game is going to be an a$$ kicking. I will come back here and eat crow if it isn't.
Sheesh Clint, you get a kitchen pass for that bet? 😉

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:56 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:27 pm
I just put $200 on the frizz to cover at +10.5. If the Jacks roll, I'm happy even though I'm $200 poorer. If the frizz lose a squeaker I'm a little less happy about the game, but I'll win $200 and it'll go right to the 'Cat football program. If, some how the frizz win, at least the 'Cat football program benefits to the tune of $200. Risk management is the appropriate term, I believe.
I put $50 on the Gris moneyline because if by some miracle it’s close, I think they win and at least I get a nice dinner with my wife out of it.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Clinton T

Post by Clinton T » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:25 am

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:05 pm
Clinton T wrote:
Sheesh Clint, you get a kitchen pass for that bet? 😉
What she doesn’t know won’t kill her!!! Besides, it is like stealing!!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:25 am

PapaG wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:56 am
84CatGrad wrote:
I put $50 on the Gris moneyline because if by some miracle it’s close, I think they win and at least I get a nice dinner with my wife out of it.
That's a good play. What's the griz money line, is it still like +450 or so?
I might throw $25 on that myself.

Nickisch
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Nickisch » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:12 pm

Sports bet has the moneyline at +385 right now. Personally I went with money on the Jacks to cover. Getting plus money and 3.5 extra points compared to the national books makes for good value.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:20 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:25 am
PapaG wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:56 am
84CatGrad wrote:
That's a good play. What's the griz money line, is it still like +450 or so?
I might throw $25 on that myself.
I got it at +460. Was worth a shot. Watching that joke offense sputter was worth more than $50.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:22 pm

Clinton T wrote:
That’s got to feel good.

If your left, you aren’t right.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:19 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
My bookie (my son) failed to place my bet so I got to see a sound thrashing and it cost me nothing. :D

Clinton T

Post by Clinton T » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:32 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:22 pm
Clinton T wrote:
That’s got to feel good.
Ended up betting more! This was one of the easiest bets I have ever won. The Vegas line was -14. SportsbetMT was -10.5. I felt I was STEALING 3.5 points...unreal. People putting money on the Griz to cover given the statistical disparity between two teams...on a neutral field blows my mind. Here is another freebie - Washington ML tomorrow night. You're welcome.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:20 pm

Clinton T wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:32 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Clinton T wrote:
That’s got to feel good.
Ended up betting more! This was one of the easiest bets I have ever won. The Vegas line was -14. SportsbetMT was -10.5. I felt I was STEALING 3.5 points...unreal. People putting money on the Griz to cover given the statistical disparity between two teams...on a neutral field blows my mind. Here is another freebie - Washington ML tomorrow night. You're welcome.
Well did you lose all your winnings from the FCS NC on the FBS NC? :wink:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

RockyBearCat

Post by RockyBearCat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:55 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:20 pm
Clinton T wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Clinton T wrote:
That’s got to feel good.
I, for one, believed Clinton on --> "Here is another freebie - Washington ML tomorrow night."

Fortunately, I only wagered about 25% of my winnings from the gris loss.

Clinton T

Post by Clinton T » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:58 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Clinton T wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Clinton T wrote:
That’s got to feel good.
Half of them LMAO!!!!! I was going to bet all of the winnings from the natty but a friend of mine talked me out of it. Best friend EVER!

Clinton T

Post by Clinton T » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:14 pm

RockyBearCat wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:55 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Clinton T wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Clinton T wrote:
That’s got to feel good.
I, for one, believed Clinton on --> "Here is another freebie - Washington ML tomorrow night."

In my defense, that was my only loss the past two weeks...I have been on a heater!!! I will make it up to you during March Madness...going to Tin Lizzy's in Deadwood for the first two rounds with a couple of sharp(er) bettors than myself. I will post our bets (last year I came away from MM 51 units ahead).

RockyBearCat

Post by RockyBearCat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:17 am

Clinton T wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:14 pm
RockyBearCat wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:55 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Clinton T wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Clinton T wrote:
That’s got to feel good.

In my defense, that was my only loss the past two weeks...I have been on a heater!!! I will make it up to you during March Madness...going to Tin Lizzy's in Deadwood for the first two rounds with a couple of sharp(er) bettors than myself. I will post our bets (last year I came away from MM 51 units ahead).
sounds great Clinton. I will watch for it! :-)

BFcatfan

Post by BFcatfan » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:29 am

BFcatfan wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:54 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Best $100.00 I ever spent..The Jacks flag I flew for a week and a half turned some heads here in Gris country and some comments. Another $34.00 well spent

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG