Montana media

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Montana media

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:44 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:36 pm
Lots of subjective feelings voiced here. There’s no objective evidence of any bias or unbalanced news coverage. Just raw feelings. No proof.
That's not true and I've given the evidence to more than one reporter. Number of page one articles and photos, overall number of photos and articles, number of words in articles. Not once has any reporter denied or refuted the evidence I've offered. Some have not responded while most others have responded with point well taken and can't refute your evidence and points.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:44 pm

lutecat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:24 pm
The only media I give a pass to are Skyline. Because I know they had a ton of Cat coverage 2 years ago. Everyone else is ridiculous. Did Rainey go to Frisco when the Cats were there? Did so many of these guys go?
They’re really not any better.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:29 am

Griznationalist wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:57 pm
rivercat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:48 pm
Gris fans have been whining for several years that the Cats get the best coverage. Here's a thought, if hatred of the in-state rival is part of your daily life, you are going to feel cheated no matter which side of the divide you are on.
I agree with your second sentence. Having never had reasons to hate the Bobcats, I’ve never whined or heard Griz fans whine about the Cats getting better news coverage.
If you haven't heard griz fans whine you haven't paid attention.

I like you man but you generalizing a whole fan base as an absolute is just silly.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:42 am

Griznationalist wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:36 pm
Lots of subjective feelings voiced here. There’s no objective evidence of any bias or unbalanced news coverage. Just raw feelings. No proof.
How do you find proof?
I'm not going to run back and find you evidence by counting articles then and now. It doesn't matter that much. You don't have to believe us. I don't care.

How bout this though. See the tweet from Skyline about how impressive the volume of articles from the media has been. That tweet was just in the last 12 hours. I've said I respect the two Nuanez bros and how much they put out 2 years ago. Those dudes went to UM and theyre even on the reporting. And CN is skipping it because he has to stay home incase his fiance has a baby. Props to you Colter. I also have to say I admire Remax for staying home with his dad. That dude lives the griz and he's sacrificing to stay home and watch with his dad. Props to you Brint.

The sports director of SWX wasn't putting out 40 f-ing tweets a day about the Cats going to Frisco. I don't think he went to Frisco but I could be wrong. And yes Rainey is a griz alum. But he is the sports director of swx. That's not just missoula.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:44 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:44 pm
lutecat wrote:
The only media I give a pass to are Skyline. Because I know they had a ton of Cat coverage 2 years ago. Everyone else is ridiculous. Did Rainey go to Frisco when the Cats were there? Did so many of these guys go?
They actually are. In fact one could argue we got more coverage from them because Colter had been around all those players alot while he still lived in Bozeman. So he had tons of personal interest stories on those guys.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:22 am

This thread should go right into the rivalry "Hall of Fame"

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:37 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:22 am
I'd bet it wouldn't make the top 10 on egris.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:15 am

nanacat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:32 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:52 am
I do agree that there seems to be waaaay more media coverage this go around vs. 2021 when the Cats made it.

Whatever, FTG. I’m looking forward to seeing Bobby lose again.
My hope too! I haven't been reading any of the articles but good grief it's been so extreme. Every other sports story 🙄 I think they've forgotten to write articles about the cheerleaders and the ball boy, but otherwise... there's NO WAY the Cats got even half this press in 2021. Truly hope tomorrow they get beat and make all these reporters look like idiots. Then we can move on to the 2024 season. Go Cats!
There was a TV interview of a married couple who are currently Gris cheerleaders and he lifts her up during games. Was so special.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

1984champ
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984champ » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:47 am

:roll:
lutecat wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:44 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
lutecat wrote:
They actually are. In fact one could argue we got more coverage from them because Colter had been around all those players alot while he still lived in Bozeman. So he had tons of personal interest stories on those guys.
No way Skyline gets a pass, they are not any better. They will always give more coverage to gris all other things being equal. Sure Cats were well covered through the championship game because there was nothing to cover for gris. I personally decided not to support Skyline financially because it was clear that I would be supporting a narrative that gris should always receive more attention from Skyline and the rest of the media. It’s the same narrative, no pass! Skyline “covers” the Cats but they also “promote” the hell out of gris.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:23 am

lutecat wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:44 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Naw. Do they cover MSU? Of course, that’s how they make money. I think they might even attempt to not be biased, but they simply are. Hell, last spring they were saying Vidlak was as good as Tommy and Sean. They say that MSU runs the triple option.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:39 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:37 am
Go Scats Go wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:22 am
I'd bet it wouldn't make the top 10 on egris.
:lol: :D #-o

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:23 am

PapaG wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:15 am
nanacat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:32 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:52 am
I do agree that there seems to be waaaay more media coverage this go around vs. 2021 when the Cats made it.

Whatever, FTG. I’m looking forward to seeing Bobby lose again.
My hope too! I haven't been reading any of the articles but good grief it's been so extreme. Every other sports story 🙄 I think they've forgotten to write articles about the cheerleaders and the ball boy, but otherwise... there's NO WAY the Cats got even half this press in 2021. Truly hope tomorrow they get beat and make all these reporters look like idiots. Then we can move on to the 2024 season. Go Cats!
There was a TV interview of a married couple who are currently Gris cheerleaders and he lifts her up during games. Was so special.
Barf

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:51 pm

I was at the game in Frisco so I didn’t watch on TV.

I am curious if SWX had an hour long Bobcat commercial prior to the game?

This year:
The homer bro gris hour

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:11 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:58 pm
tdub wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:51 am
In short….who f’ing cares? So what if a bunch of journalist grads are proud of their alma matter?

This stuff is getting nauseating to read (cue the “you don’t have to read it” response). You guys are being softer than wet one-ply Charmin. Like toddlers whose brother took their toy. Boo hoo.

There’s one solution to shutting up all that noise: Beat them. Until then, just grow some stones and deal with it.
Hating them and telling people you hate them ain’t the same thing as youre explaining in my eyes. I don’t make excuses for the ass kicking they gave us and I have told many I honestly think the gris, will win tomorrow. Just too many weird things going their way right now. I also talked after the cat gris game that I thought our players played soft and scared, while their players played harder and wanted it more. I still won’t stop hating them or talking about how much I hate them, mostly their fans. I don’t think that makes me soft. Maybe it makes me petty and crotchety, but I’m just not afraid to voice my hatred for them and I never will. FTG
Nope, swing and a miss! Just kiddin ya. I know it was easy to look at how they beat us, and won their games in Denny's house and think they were somehow going to beat SDSU but they are not at the same level.

Cats win it all next year, mark it down.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:16 pm

So glad we had to sort through a gazillion articles about the gris the past week. :roll: Apparently they believed their own press but forgot they actually had to play the game.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:37 pm

You see Bobby's post game interview?!?!? Colter was up to ask his question and he said "Can you guys hear me" and Bobby says "yes" and then Im pretty sure he mouths "unfortunately". What a grade A d-bag!

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:22 pm

TG this is over. Every time i went to the KTVQ new app all they had were some kind of story on the gris. Now that they lost there is nothing. But a thing I have noticed during the season, Q2 would always post gris sports stories on their news app and maybe a couple of Bobcats ones here and there. You would have to go to their sports app to get all of the sports news.

On a side note Rainey looked like he had been bawling after the loss.....ha...serves the media right

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:28 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:37 pm
You see Bobby's post game interview?!?!? Colter was up to ask his question and he said "Can you guys hear me" and Bobby says "yes" and then Im pretty sure he mouths "unfortunately". What a grade A d-bag!
LOL!

Look, I’m sorry, but that’s funny as crap. Bobby is a dick but he’s also very sarcastic. I didn’t hear it, so I can’t judge whether he was being sarcastic or not, but regardless, I think it’s funny.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:28 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:28 pm
RobertCats wrote:
LOL!

Look, I’m sorry, but that’s funny as crap. Bobby is a dick but he’s also very sarcastic. I didn’t hear it, so I can’t judge whether he was being sarcastic or not, but regardless, I think it’s funny.
Ha fair enough, here is the clip, judge for yourselves :shrug:
I hope I uploaded this correctly. If not, the part when @Colter_Nuanez gets the mic starts at 7:30 mark.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:02 am

RobertCats wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:28 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:28 pm
RobertCats wrote:
LOL!

Ha fair enough, here is the clip, judge for yourselves :shrug:
I hope I uploaded this correctly. If not, the part when @Colter_Nuanez gets the mic starts at 7:30 mark.
lol that’s him being a prick. I still think it’s funny though.