Montana media

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana media

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:52 am

I do agree that there seems to be waaaay more media coverage this go around vs. 2021 when the Cats made it.

Whatever, FTG. I’m looking forward to seeing Bobby lose again.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:51 am

In short….who f’ing cares? So what if a bunch of journalist grads are proud of their alma matter?

This stuff is getting nauseating to read (cue the “you don’t have to read it” response). You guys are being softer than wet one-ply Charmin. Like toddlers whose brother took their toy. Boo hoo.

There’s one solution to shutting up all that noise: Beat them. Until then, just grow some stones and deal with it.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:32 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:52 am
I do agree that there seems to be waaaay more media coverage this go around vs. 2021 when the Cats made it.

Whatever, FTG. I’m looking forward to seeing Bobby lose again.
My hope too! I haven't been reading any of the articles but good grief it's been so extreme. Every other sports story 🙄 I think they've forgotten to write articles about the cheerleaders and the ball boy, but otherwise... there's NO WAY the Cats got even half this press in 2021. Truly hope tomorrow they get beat and make all these reporters look like idiots. Then we can move on to the 2024 season. Go Cats!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:14 pm

Yep, LOTS AND LOTS of hype, press, build up, etc..... at this point it's overload - even though I haven't actually read any of the articles or watched any interviews other than SDSU stuff. But anyway, everything will build up to the point of kickoff and then it all dies, and the two teams play their game. No amount of Griz Nation hype and build up is going to help them during the game. Will the actual Griz team itself have the talent, game plan, and execution to take down this SDSU team? Highly doubtful. I've posted my opinion several times. This game may be close at half time but I don't think the outcome will ever really be in doubt.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:18 pm

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:22 pm

There are advantages to housing the only journalism school in Montana…even though it seems to be a bit of a dying industry.

Justwinbaby
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Justwinbaby » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:27 pm

tdub wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:51 am
In short….who f’ing cares? So what if a bunch of journalist grads are proud of their alma matter?

This stuff is getting nauseating to read (cue the “you don’t have to read it” response). You guys are being softer than wet one-ply Charmin. Like toddlers whose brother took their toy. Boo hoo.

There’s one solution to shutting up all that noise: Beat them. Until then, just grow some stones and deal with it.
+1 billion. Facts.

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:42 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:28 pm
BFcatfan wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:21 pm
autocat wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:13 pm
Broadcast, publishing and internet media members STOP the nauseating over coverage of this year FCS champion game compared to two years ago!!

I understand where you’re loyalties lie and the school you may have graduated from, it’s been embarrassing to the urinalist profession!!
Strongly agree here..Fu***** over it
Tip: You aren’t forced to read or watch anything.
Tip: My TV is on to watch the local news, my radio is on to listen to music or news.
Tip: Go back to EJizz
Tip: I'm over YOU, YOUR SCHOOL and YOUR FAN CLUB

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:58 pm

tdub wrote:

Hating them and telling people you hate them ain’t the same thing as youre explaining in my eyes. I don’t make excuses for the ass kicking they gave us and I have told many I honestly think the gris, will win tomorrow. Just too many weird things going their way right now. I also talked after the cat gris game that I thought our players played soft and scared, while their players played harder and wanted it more. I still won’t stop hating them or talking about how much I hate them, mostly their fans. I don’t think that makes me soft. Maybe it makes me petty and crotchety, but I’m just not afraid to voice my hatred for them and I never will. FTG

If your left, you aren’t right.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:24 pm

The only media I give a pass to are Skyline. Because I know they had a ton of Cat coverage 2 years ago. Everyone else is ridiculous. Did Rainey go to Frisco when the Cats were there? Did so many of these guys go?

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:36 pm

tdub wrote:

Exactly. Don’t like it? Be better. Settle it on the field.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:51 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:36 pm
tdub wrote:

Exactly. Don’t like it? Be better. Settle it on the field.
I think that anyone saying beat the griz and you'll shut up and shut down the griz bias is only looking at one side of the coin.
The other side of the coin is that when the Bobcats have beat the griz and when the Bobcats have made it to the national championship game
the effort put forth by the media to report on the Bobcat's has been noticeably less robust. So settling it on the field only gets the media to move part way towards being balanced. It's worth the small effort it takes to let the media know that we know they provide less than balanced coverage.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:36 pm

Lots of subjective feelings voiced here. There’s no objective evidence of any bias or unbalanced news coverage. Just raw feelings. No proof.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:48 pm

Gris fans have been whining for several years that the Cats get the best coverage. Here's a thought, if hatred of the in-state rival is part of your daily life, you are going to feel cheated no matter which side of the divide you are on.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:57 pm

rivercat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:48 pm
Gris fans have been whining for several years that the Cats get the best coverage. Here's a thought, if hatred of the in-state rival is part of your daily life, you are going to feel cheated no matter which side of the divide you are on.
I agree with your second sentence. Having never had reasons to hate the Bobcats, I’ve never whined or heard Griz fans whine about the Cats getting better news coverage.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:59 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:57 pm
I’ve never whined or heard Griz fans whine about the Cats getting better news coverage.
That makes sense because the Cats have never had better media coverage.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:21 pm

rivercat wrote:
They're likely whining because we're getting any coverage at all. In their good old days the media only covered one team in the state.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:27 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:21 pm
rivercat wrote:
They're likely whining because we're getting any coverage at all. In their good old days the media only covered one team in the state.
That's quite true. It's not near as bad as it used to be, now a long time ago.

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:37 pm

I was venting to my husband today about all the gris articles, and he said that they had history on their side so that's probably why. I told him in the past 10 years MSU has equalled or passed up UM in many areas as a university, and with athletics. He rather smuggly replied, "Well if all they have is football, then let them focus on that while MSU can keep running ahead of them. "

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rfischer94 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:13 pm

nanacat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:37 pm
I was venting to my husband today about all the gris articles, and he said that they had history on their side so that's probably why. I told him in the past 10 years MSU has equalled or passed up UM in many areas as a university, and with athletics. He rather smuggly replied, "Well if all they have is football, then let them focus on that while MSU can keep running ahead of them. "
=D^ =D^ =D^