We Believe!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

We Believe!

Post by catatac » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:41 pm

I noticed on Social media this is the motto the dark pinkers have adopted as they head into the title game. Sounds to me like it screams they know going in they are significant underdogs. I mean, I seriously doubt the SDSU fanbase is saying "We Believe!". :lol:

Just poking a little fun, and if that's something that they think might help give the team additional motivation, knock yourselves out!

We believe we can win a game against a top tier program, away from Washington Grizzly Stadium. (I'LL BELIEVE it when I see it.) 8)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Topher
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: We Believe!

Post by Topher » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:20 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:41 pm
I noticed on Social media this is the motto the dark pinkers have adopted as they head into the title game. Sounds to me like it screams they know going in they are significant underdogs. I mean, I seriously doubt the SDSU fanbase is saying "We Believe!". :lol:

Just poking a little fun, and if that's something that they think might help give the team additional motivation, knock yourselves out!

We believe we can win a game against a top tier program, away from Washington Grizzly Stadium. (I'LL BELIEVE it when I see it.) 8)

Believe my Dude!

Baha Men....Soooooo much more than "Who Let The Dogs Out"

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:39 pm

lol... they might find out SDSU is a slightly different beast than Idaho.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:55 pm

Don’t know about any of you… but Sunday can’t come
soon enough to shut these Dark Pink Fu** up. They are nauseating beyond belief. Hung my SDSU flag this afternoon toasted it with an employee and some fireball… within minutes had some Gris fans texting calling me everything but white for hanging it for everyone including God to see. Mission Accomplished.

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

Justwinbaby
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Justwinbaby » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:21 am

REALLY?

A thread devoted to the griz championship catch phrase?

Lame - fan base remains haunted by the streak.

griz5700

Post by griz5700 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:08 am

It is so timid and weak it makes me want to fkng vomit.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am

Justwinbaby wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:21 am
REALLY?

What’s really lame is how much this upsets you.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:05 am

I'm done doubting the frizz. All year BN bashed them. Time to give them the respect they are due. Can we still hate them? Sure. But they deserve our respect for what they've accomplished. I seriously think they will give SDSU all they can handle.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:20 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:05 am
I'm done doubting the frizz. All year BN bashed them. Time to give them the respect they are due. Can we still hate them? Sure. But they deserve our respect for what they've accomplished. I seriously think they will give SDSU all they can handle.
UM has been on road 1x since Oct 14th. To PSU. They won that handily vs a PSU squad that faltered down the stretch. Other road games +30, -14, +8, +2. Impressive part was beating UCD then Idaho. Nut neither of them are close to SDSU in talent. I think being off a few weeks and away from WaGriz takes its toll.

Sports is not bigger than life

Au Blue

Post by Au Blue » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:22 am

Topher wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:20 pm
catatac wrote:

Believe my Dude!
What's with the Vandal logo and game photo of a Bengal player? :-k

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:24 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am
Justwinbaby wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:21 am
REALLY?

What’s really lame is how much this upsets you.
HA! Damn he is a mental midget

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:33 am

One thing I really enjoy about Bobcatnation is it’s always been a good place to actually talk football etc. There’s always been some ribbing with the griz, whatever. Lately, there’s more attacking posts and it has that egriz flavor to it. Cat posters vs griz posters and cat posters attacking other cat posters. I get it, it tough watching our rival go the natty. In short, don’t make this place egriz.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

basincat

Post by basincat » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:34 am

I want them to get pounded, but my money is on it being much closer than expected. If SDSU has to double team Gubner every play to contain him and UM's backers can get freed up, it's going to be a one touchdown game. If SDSU's hogs can handle Gubner, it's a three touchdown game.

Topher
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Topher » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:38 am

Au Blue wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:22 am
Topher wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:20 pm
catatac wrote:

Believe my Dude!
What's with the Vandal logo and game photo of a Bengal player? :-k
Just one of the many slights of being an FCS squad. It's the correct game, but apparently no photos were taking during it so they went with next best thing.

Baha Men....Soooooo much more than "Who Let The Dogs Out"

aucat

Post by aucat » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:09 pm

I would love to see an "ass kicking" but I don't believe it will happen. From what I can tell, MSU was way better than UM at the beginning of the year. But then UM steadily improved and MSU slipped. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect UM to administer an "ass kicking" to MSU this year.

I expect SDSU to defeat UM but I think it will be a very competitive game. For one thing I'm not impressed with SDSU's fan support. It is nothing like NDSU's. I expect 75% of the crowd in Frisco to be griz fans which will make them feel at home. And frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see UM prevail. They seem to have a lot of luck...and luck does count.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:18 pm

This is not unlike what we were saying in 2021.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:35 pm

aucat wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:09 pm
I would love to see an "ass kicking" but I don't believe it will happen. From what I can tell, MSU was way better than UM at the beginning of the year. But then UM steadily improved and MSU slipped. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect UM to administer an "ass kicking" to MSU this year.

I expect SDSU to defeat UM but I think it will be a very competitive game. For one thing I'm not impressed with SDSU's fan support. It is nothing like NDSU's. I expect 75% of the crowd in Frisco to be griz fans which will make them feel at home. And frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see UM prevail. They seem to have a lot of luck...and luck does count.
Yeah you're right about fan support. SDSU got really good really fast and I think their more casual fans are still figuring out how to be fans! Plus NDSU is in Fargo, which is more than twice the size of Bozeman, and more than 5 times the size of Brookings.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:44 pm

aucat wrote:

I'm picking SDSU by a score of 30-17. Their defense has been completely dominant all season, allowing an average of less than 10 points per game, which is phenomenal. I just don't see the gris offense being able to score enough to make it much closer than that. I don't think it will be a blowout, but I feel like SDSU will pretty much be in control the whole way, so that the outcome never really seems to be in doubt, even if the lead is only 7-10 points most of the game. The SDSU defense is just too good for the gris to have any realistic chance of mounting a serious comeback in the 4th quarter. Their defense will slam the door on the gris late in the game just like a dominant closer in baseball, and just like our defense so often did during the 2021 season.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:11 pm

I think the um defense is very good and will find ways to slow down the sdsu offense and could keep things close.

What I don't see is how the griz offense is going to score many points or run the ball consistently or sustain drives. They will need to get points on big plays, or defense and special teams. They've been able to do that the last couple games but you can't rely on special teams points every game.

If I were the griz coach, I'd try to shorten up the game in the first half by running the ball a lot even if it means punting every possession and trusting my defense. Then 2nd half I'd mix in 8-10 shot plays on offense knowing that I can't rely on sustaining drives.
Know the situation. Know your best path to victory. And shoot that shot, which is going for big plays on offense with your speed receivers.

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:15 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:35 pm
aucat wrote:

Yeah you're right about fan support. SDSU got really good really fast and I think their more casual fans are still figuring out how to be fans! Plus NDSU is in Fargo, which is more than twice the size of Bozeman, and more than 5 times the size of Brookings.
Jacks fans use this excuse about the support all the time. Sioux Falls is about an hr away and has almost 200K people. I bet half of Bobcat stadium drives further than an hr to go to the game. Its a lame excuse.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing