Favorite moment of 2023

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Favorite moment of 2023

Post by coloradocat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:31 am

2023 didn't go as planned in Bobcat Nation but it wasn't all bad. What was your favorite moment of the year?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

ruralcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Favorite moment of 2023

Post by ruralcat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:39 am

When Garza’s contracted wasn’t renewed.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:44 am

If you mean in football, then beating the crap out of Eastern and shutting out of Weber. Eastern deserved that beat down. Beating Sac was fun too.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:08 pm

Other than watching the pac collapse, my personal favorite moment was that moment in time when the Bobcat Collective was announced. The Van Cleeve family has meant a great deal to MSU and I would think the area in and around Big Sky will continue to help MSU upgrade all athletic facilities and provide a competitive edge for all the athletes.
Last edited by Cat Grad on Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:27 pm

The second half’s of both the Idaho and NDSU where the offensive playbook was opened up and Tommy was able to show how big of a threat he could be with his arm. Tommy and this offense could be so much more explosive if defenses aren’t able to stack the box all game and key on only stopping Tommy’s legs.

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:55 pm

Mine was being able to attend all Bobcat games but two. Missed homecoming due to a fishing trip and the Sac State game. My bucket list includes going to one away game at every BSC Stadium. I can cross off Idaho, EW, Weber and Gris. In travels I’ve been thru Flagstaff, Portland and Greeley but not to a game…so in the next 3-4 yrs that’s my goal. I think as Cat fans we got a lot of false hope shutting out Weber at home because they were ranked I think 10 the time? Not sure.! As the season progressed we saw how really good Weber wasn’t. Had the weeks been flipped with Idaho, in as if we had played them before the Gris did, I think you would see a W in our column and a L in the Gris column..just my opinion. Our place kicking killed us multiple times this year. But all in all I loved cheering them on, our trips to Bozeman and beyond and getting up Sunday mornings and getting On Bobcat Nation.. Happy New Years friends.. cheers

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:04 pm

Still sour how it ended. But as far as a good feeling that 50 yard run Tommy made for a touchdown at the start of the third quarter against NDSU. He never shows emotion and he had is hand raised up from what seemed like the 30 yard line all the way to the end zone. It was good see him excited like that, because he does so much for MSU. In that moment I thought we couldn’t lose, but just like most things I was way wrong.

If your left, you aren’t right.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:08 pm

Weber and/or Sac because I was there.
Overall-MBB beating Weber in the triple overtime in Boise in the semis. The final was great too, but a more predictable result.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:09 pm

Being at the Cal Poly game with my brother and nephew. The game wasn’t a contest but being back in Bozeman for the weekend was great and seeing everything live and up close was a gas (thanks for making tickets available :) ). Something special is happening in Bozeman and MSU and coming from halfway around the world to see it was a great way to experience what “was” and what “is” and what “will be”. We’re definitely NOT DONE YET… in spite of how the season ended. On to MORE!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:20 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:09 pm
Being at the Cal Poly game with my brother and nephew. The game wasn’t a contest but being back in Bozeman for the weekend was great and seeing everything live and up close was a gas (thanks for making tickets available :) ). Something special is happening in Bozeman and MSU and coming from halfway around the world to see it was a great way to experience what “was” and what “is” and what “will be”. We’re definitely NOT DONE YET… in spite of how the season ended. On to MORE!
Thanks for stopping over to the tailgate with your brother for drinks. Hope the house you were telling me about is working well.

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:13 pm

Taking my friend to the playoff game. She had never watched a full game as an MSU student, and had not been back since the stadium had been upgraded. It was a great game environment, until that PAT miss in OT. But still, it was a fun game to be at, and Tommy in particular, was so impressive to watch, especially after Cat-Gris. Had he not got hurt...

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:19 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:20 pm
catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:09 pm
Thanks for stopping over to the tailgate with your brother for drinks. Hope the house you were telling me about is working well.
Thanks for the great hospitality and beers at the tailgate. Great fun and discovering our common connection to the Galt dynasty. Your brother was also a hoot. If I were closer I’d be a regular and a contributor! :)

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:45 pm

Going to the SDSU game and running into new MBB coach Matt Logie and his wife Julia. Wonderful people. The game was (almost) great. At Buffalo Wild Wings Derryk Snell's father bought 50 shots of whiskey for everyone on the Bobcat shuttle flight because he and his wife were late for the shuttle in Bozeman. The waitress brought them out on a single tray and set them in the middle of the room for anyone to grab. We are going to miss the Alaskan Assassin for more than just his elite blocking.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:44 pm

Mine is the same every year: During College I sat in section 111 for every game. It was always my 2 roommates and my college sweetheart. I still sit in 111 with my 2 college roommates and my college sweetheart (over 40 years latter). Seeing them for the first game (and first time in 9 months) every year is a huge highlight!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

BFcatfan

Post by BFcatfan » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:00 pm

gtapp wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:44 pm
Mine is the same every year: During College I sat in section 111 for every game. It was always my 2 roommates and my college sweetheart. I still sit in 111 with my 2 college roommates and my college sweetheart (over 40 years latter). Seeing them for the first game (and first time in 9 months) every year is a huge highlight!
That Mr. Tapp is something to be very proud of and a great moment to be proud of. I married my high school sweetheart 44 yrs ago… and she bleeds blue and gold just like you and me.. Happy New Years

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:08 pm

My favorite moment was the last drive of the MSU-SDSU game.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:35 pm

gtapp wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:44 pm
That’s what is all about my man. Good on you. =D^

wapiti

Post by wapiti » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:28 pm

The '22 - '23 mens bball team

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:37 pm

My personal favorite moment of 2023 was appearing on the "Message Board Geniuses" Twitter account for posting about a private flight from Bozeman to Logan, Utah during their basketball coaching search. Sadly I was right about what that flight might mean!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:07 pm

My favorite moment of every year is the first kickoff.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."