Favorite moment of 2023

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: Favorite moment of 2023

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:36 pm

ruralcat wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:39 am
When Garza’s contracted wasn’t renewed.
Ziiing!

I could say too soon, but really, it probably wasn't soon enough.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:46 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:08 pm
My favorite moment was the last drive of the MSU-SDSU game.
My favorite was the winning TD pass at SDSU. Was totally a catch. Ruled a catch on the field and should have stayed a catch. There was no indisputable video evidence to overturn. And at this point, provided SDSU does what we all think they will do next weekend, knowing in my heart of hearts that MSU went toe to toe with the eventual national champs - only a complete homer video review nullifying the TD - gives me at least some level of satisfaction. That SDSU game was the best Bobcat road game I've ever been to, and easily a top 5 Bobcat football game. Never thought I'd say that about a game that shows as a loss in the W/L column.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

bobcatbob24
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcatbob24 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:26 am

The same every year. The rodeo team run out for the gold rush game. Means football is back. Second favorite is the football team returning the favor at annual spring rodeo in April this past year. Seeing Tommy and and crew carrying the flags was special.

TheJoeGoldstone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by TheJoeGoldstone » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:50 am

My favorite part of the year was seeing Marcus Wehr come back from injury and be named an All-American. 2nd fav was sitting & tailgating w/ college roommates for the last 45+ yrs. So many great stories and times.

Blue & Gold for 51 yrs

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:46 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
My favorite was the winning TD pass at SDSU. Was totally a catch. Ruled a catch on the field and should have stayed a catch. There was no indisputable video evidence to overturn. And at this point, provided SDSU does what we all think they will do next weekend, knowing in my heart of hearts that MSU went toe to toe with the eventual national champs - only a complete homer video review nullifying the TD - gives me at least some level of satisfaction. That SDSU game was the best Bobcat road game I've ever been to, and easily a top 5 Bobcat football game. Never thought I'd say that about a game that shows as a loss in the W/L column.
It was a great game despite all its shortcomings. I just thought how Chambers and the team were able to put a drive together on the road in front of a raucous crowd after taking such a huge hit from SDSU and then being called for a penalty to put the ball on the 15 (1st and 20) to start was off the charts.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:47 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 am
grizzh8r wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:46 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
It was a great game despite all its shortcomings. I just thought how Chambers and the team were able to put a drive together on the road in front of a raucous crowd after taking such a huge hit from SDSU and then being called for a penalty to put the ball on the 15 (1st and 20) to start was off the charts.
Don’t want to derail this thread, so if I need to be ignored here and ask this on a different thread, so be it. But that was by far the most mental toughness we showed all season in a close game, to my recollection. In other games, it felt like we just couldn’t finish strong enough to win. Am I being too results oriented? I felt like that fight that I loved about some previous cats teams wasn’t as prevalent this year.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:25 pm

The third beer at the tailgate after we missed the extra point against NDSU

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:36 pm

aucat wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:25 pm
The third beer at the tailgate after we missed the extra point against NDSU
wat? If that was your favorite moment of 2023 you might have some issues, lol.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:58 pm

Going to the SDSU game, I hadn't driven through SD in 40 years, enjoyed meeting their fans and a few posters from here. We had a lot of fun, just wish the game had turned out a little differently.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:27 pm

The time Payton banned me on egriz for publicly pointing out his hypocrisy.

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:16 pm

bobcatbob24 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:26 am
The same every year. The rodeo team run out for the gold rush game. Means football is back. Second favorite is the football team returning the favor at annual spring rodeo in April this past year. Seeing Tommy and and crew carrying the flags was special.
I missed that…. Is there a video to share or You Tube search I need to carry out. That screams volumes of those young men and paying respect and tribute..

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

TheJoeGoldstone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by TheJoeGoldstone » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:26 pm

BFcatfan wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:16 pm
bobcatbob24 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:26 am
I missed that…. Is there a video to share or You Tube search I need to carry out. That screams volumes of those young men and paying respect and tribute..
I second that motion and would ❤️ to see it.

Blue & Gold for 51 yrs