Serious Question...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Serious Question...

Post by jgrilley406 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:30 pm

autocat wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:55 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:38 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:09 pm
BFcatfan wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:01 pm
RickRund wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:13 pm
catatac wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:54 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:08 am
tetoncat wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:03 am
If SDSU dbs can play man and get pressure it will be tough sledding. But Griz QB may get running lane. Griz haven't played from behind much since he started. Not sure he can lead them if get down 10-14 pts.
Everything is falling in place for the gris so it might be their year, goddamn that makes me sick saying it. Think of how they won their playoff games, just crazy ****** what 3 punt return touchdowns, kickoff return touchdown, a wr pass to complete a two point conversion, 2 OT wins. Then if you watched the NDSU game, NDSU had so many wide open drops, it was astounding. Then to boot the weather for travel down to Frisco looks great for them so they won’t have to deal with the ****** show MSU and all the fans had to deal with on the trip down to Texas. Hate ‘em’ every single one of them, at least right now anyways.
This all correct... and it all happened in Washington Grizzly Stadium. Massive difference playing at a neutral site, against a team that is better than UM at nearly every position. SDSU will not miss a bunch of wide open receivers for TDs. They won't have 7 false starts. They won't be penalized 17 times with the Griz getting penalized twice. They probably won't kick to Bergen, but if they do, they're idiots. They probably won't turn the ball over four times as they are an extremely veteran, Senior laden team. This area is the only prayer for the Griz faithful IMO.
Wasn't aware of the 17-2 gift of penalties..
Did u not watch the game? There was a long thread about it the day after for a week..
It was 9-2 in the ndsu game. Unless there were 8 declined penalties.
I'm surprised several Griz players aren't going to pull a Florida State mass exodus knowing damn good and well they're going to get curb stomped just as bad as Georgia did to FSU. No home cooking in Tex ass for the griz.
Still can’t figure out why Bergen is playing in this game, if he willing to flip schools because of a coaching change, then he’d surely leave for “greener” pastures $$$$$ right??
I mean kids flip on what they say all the time. take it for what it’s worth, but in a recent interview Bergen said he’s not leaving Missoula win/lose and he wants to finish is career in Missoula.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:01 pm

jgrilley406 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:30 pm
autocat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
BFcatfan wrote:
RickRund wrote:
catatac wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
If SDSU dbs can play man and get pressure it will be tough sledding. But Griz QB may get running lane. Griz haven't played from behind much since he started. Not sure he can lead them if get down 10-14 pts.
Everything is falling in place for the gris so it might be their year, goddamn that makes me sick saying it. Think of how they won their playoff games, just crazy ****** what 3 punt return touchdowns, kickoff return touchdown, a wr pass to complete a two point conversion, 2 OT wins. Then if you watched the NDSU game, NDSU had so many wide open drops, it was astounding. Then to boot the weather for travel down to Frisco looks great for them so they won’t have to deal with the ****** show MSU and all the fans had to deal with on the trip down to Texas. Hate ‘em’ every single one of them, at least right now anyways.
This all correct... and it all happened in Washington Grizzly Stadium. Massive difference playing at a neutral site, against a team that is better than UM at nearly every position. SDSU will not miss a bunch of wide open receivers for TDs. They won't have 7 false starts. They won't be penalized 17 times with the Griz getting penalized twice. They probably won't kick to Bergen, but if they do, they're idiots. They probably won't turn the ball over four times as they are an extremely veteran, Senior laden team. This area is the only prayer for the Griz faithful IMO.
Did u not watch the game? There was a long thread about it the day after for a week..
I'm surprised several Griz players aren't going to pull a Florida State mass exodus knowing damn good and well they're going to get curb stomped just as bad as Georgia did to FSU. No home cooking in Tex ass for the griz.
Still can’t figure out why Bergen is playing in this game, if he willing to flip schools because of a coaching change, then he’d surely leave for “greener” pastures $$$$$ right??
I mean kids flip on what they say all the time. take it for what it’s worth, but in a recent interview Bergen said he’s not leaving Missoula win/lose and he wants to finish is career in Missoula.
Would you answer that question any differently a week before you play for that team in front of those fans? I'm not saying he wasn't telling the truth, but that was the only answer he could realistically give to that question without being tarred and feathered and causing a huge distraction for the team.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:28 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:01 pm
jgrilley406 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:30 pm
autocat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
BFcatfan wrote:
RickRund wrote:
catatac wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
Would you answer that question any differently a week before you play for that team in front of those fans? I'm not saying he wasn't telling the truth, but that was the only answer he could realistically give to that question without being tarred and feathered and causing a huge distraction for the team.
Yeah, if I remember right he didn't say "I'm not leaving", he said "I don't want to leave". He can love it there and want to stay, but unless someone comes close to matching the rumored offer he's received, he'd be dumb not to take it. I want to retire, but I also have bills to pay.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am

I think it's just different for hometown kids. It's harder for them to leave.

Marcus Wehr is just as good as Reimer and Omar, if not better. You think he couldn't have or didn't get big NIL offers? Tucker Kraft from SDSU was quoted as saying he had 6 figure NIL deals offered to him, but he chose to stay at SDSU. It matters more when you're playing for your small population home state.

I personally hope Bergen stays at UM. He's a fantastic player, I hate that MSU has to play him, but homegrown guys staying and succeeding is good for both universities. It shows others that they can do it too. If guys like Troy, and Junior, and Marcus, can stay and play in Montana while passing up big money and still get the opportunity to play in the league, then why can't others? The more that stay, the better. Build a program where the players encourage each other to stay home and compete for championships too.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:38 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am

Marcus Wehr is just as good as Reimer and Omar, if not better. You think he couldn't have or didn't get big NIL offers? Tucker Kraft from SDSU was quoted as saying he had 6 figure NIL deals offered to him, but he chose to stay at SDSU. It matters more when you're playing for your small population home state.

I personally hope Bergen stays at UM. He's a fantastic player, I hate that MSU has to play him, but homegrown guys staying and succeeding is good for both universities. It shows others that they can do it too. If guys like Troy, and Junior, and Marcus, can stay and play in Montana while passing up big money and still get the opportunity to play in the league, then why can't others? The more that stay, the better. Build a program where the players encourage each other to stay home and compete for championships too.
I agree. Plenty of us have chosen to stay in Montana even though we may have been able to earn more elsewhere. But if I'm his age and all I've heard the last couple years is that someone his age will never be able to buy a house, for instance, I'd jump all over the chance to put a couple hundred grand in the bank, just for playing football in a new place for a year. BUT, I realize that's a middle-aged-guy-thinking-about-retirement mindset and probably not his.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:39 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:

Good post...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:05 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:

That is a good post. I've seen a few NDSU and SDSU guys say they're staying put despite the offers they've received. The offers are nice I'm sure, but there's loyalty to the program, team and goals, that comes into play too. Getting guys to buy into the program, like Vigen referenced in an earlier interview, has to be the focus of the coaches moving forward.

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:22 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:27 pm
Hey Brint, did you do a game preview for Frisco yet? Curious about what you're predicting.
Doing it today. I picked the Griz with my "heart" on the pod but holy ****** we'll have to play the perfect game to win and that might not even be enough. I scoffed a bit at Colter a few weeks back when he told me SDSU might quite possibly be one of the best single season FCS teams ever... but now that I've looked through their team and their games... I think he might be right.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:47 pm

Ya, they're pretty good.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:56 pm

BWahlberg wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:22 pm
catatac wrote:
Hey Brint, did you do a game preview for Frisco yet? Curious about what you're predicting.
Doing it today. I picked the Griz with my "heart" on the pod but holy ****** we'll have to play the perfect game to win and that might not even be enough. I scoffed a bit at Colter a few weeks back when he told me SDSU might quite possibly be one of the best single season FCS teams ever... but now that I've looked through their team and their games... I think he might be right.
Only reason MSU had a chance is because they got an early turnover AND scored first with a touchdown. Run game was effective that night as well for MSU but once Tommy went down and the defense got leaky, momentum shifted. However, much like their NDSU game, MSU had about 7-8 opportunities to take that game. If UM wins special teams (touchdown or big field position shift), plays lights out run defense, and plays turnover-free on offense, they definitely have a chance.

Toughest part about SDSU is exactly what was tough about NDSU for all of those years: they make you earn it at the LOS, have the athletes to rack up explosives on offense, and an All-American QB to deliver the rock through the air or on the ground. Only way to compete is winning on the margins by either scoring first, getting an early turnover, and zero mistakes on offense.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:28 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:56 pm
BWahlberg wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:22 pm
catatac wrote:
Only reason MSU had a chance is because they got an early turnover AND scored first with a touchdown. Run game was effective that night as well for MSU but once Tommy went down and the defense got leaky, momentum shifted. However, much like their NDSU game, MSU had about 7-8 opportunities to take that game. If UM wins special teams (touchdown or big field position shift), plays lights out run defense, and plays turnover-free on offense, they definitely have a chance.

Toughest part about SDSU is exactly what was tough about NDSU for all of those years: they make you earn it at the LOS, have the athletes to rack up explosives on offense, and an All-American QB to deliver the rock through the air or on the ground. Only way to compete is winning on the margins by either scoring first, getting an early turnover, and zero mistakes on offense.
And they're damn good both running AND passing - you can't just neutralize one part of their offense and control the game. If the Grizzly offense can get back on track like they played against the cats I think it could be a hell of a game. However in regulation against Furman the Grizzly O accounted for 13 points and against NDSU they accounted for 10. If that happens the Grizzly defense will get left out to dry and they'll get crushed.

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:57 pm

SDSU - 25
UM - 28

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:18 pm

"However in regulation against Furman the Grizzly O accounted for 13 points and against NDSU they accounted for 10. If that happens the Grizzly defense will get left out to dry and they'll get crushed."

And the Jack's D is much better than either of those teams, surrendering less than 10 pts/game, 3.3 yds/rush, and 15 TD's ALL YEAR.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:55 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:57 pm
SDSU - 25
UM - 28
Who is your dealer? He must have some super good stuff.

msubobcats@outlook.com

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:05 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:55 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
SDSU - 25
UM - 28
LOL. Afraid to post a precise score prediction? I’ll stand by mine.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:15 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:05 pm
RickRund wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:55 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
SDSU - 25
UM - 28
LOL. Afraid to post a precise score prediction? I’ll stand by mine.
All I gotta say is good luck because I think you will definitely need it.

msubobcats@outlook.com

FatBuffalo
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by FatBuffalo » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:18 pm

There is ZERO chance Grizz win this game. Actually its even less than that.

Hauck will be 0-4 in the only game that matters and those hippy liberal douchebags will want to sign him to a 10 year extension.

Nobody has caught up with the MVFC we have slid back and you still need over times to beat up with a bad team. This won't be close

FatBuffalo
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by FatBuffalo » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:21 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
SDSU - 25
UM - 28
That wouldnt happen if the Grizz get 5 turnovers.

It will be more of a 52-13 game SDSU

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:50 pm

FatBuffalo wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:18 pm
There is ZERO chance Grizz win this game. Actually its even less than that.

Hauck will be 0-4 in the only game that matters and those hippy liberal douchebags will want to sign him to a 10 year extension.

Nobody has caught up with the MVFC we have slid back and you still need over times to beat up with a bad team. This won't be close
FatBuffalo wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:01 pm
Bison are going to absolutely rinse the Griz this weekend.

Furman had a very very good defense but to many hurt players and it took Montana overtime to win that game. We are healthy and gonna put a 40 burger on the cubbies in their house on Saturday. There is not one phase of the game the Grizz are better in and NDSU has the better QB, much better RBs and WRs. This game will be won on the play of the lines and NDSU has a better DL and OL than Montana

NDSU 48
Montana 23
This you?

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:55 pm

The stats say SDSU all the way. The stats also said we had a good chance at winning Cat-Griz. Obviously sports often defy logic. For this reason, I'm reluctant to predict the Jacks blowout that I really want. I'll settle for a 1-point Jacks win.