Serious Question...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Re: Serious Question...

Post by tetoncat » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:03 pm

jgrilley406 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:49 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:35 pm
aucat wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:53 pm
Well, we thought we had SDSU whipped.....at THEIR place. So if we came THAT close to beating SDSU and yet UM administered an old fashioned blowout "ass kicking" to MSU, why WOULDN'T a griz fan feel pretty confident going into this game? SDSU beat us by 4 points (though we thought we had won on that last play.) UM beat us by 30! BY THIRTY!

So that translates into the gris beating SDSU by at least three touchdowns. But no, I'm not placing a bet.
So using your transitive NAU should be playing in the championship
Vidlak was the qb then…up until that point with him in they’re probably not making the playoffs. The qb change saved their season, just like Mellot taking over as qb made that playoff run possible.
You just help validate my point. Aucat is comparing 2nd game of season to final conference rivalry game to say it will be close. Using that logic msu lost in OT Griz won the next week in OT vs same team and Jacks beat that team soundly so guess Jacks win easy.

Sports is not bigger than life

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:22 am

There are some pretty funny comments in this. I think I counted 2 votes for the gris, everyone else went Jacks. I suppose it could be some locker room motivation for the dark pink team?

https://herosports.com/fcs-championship ... nner-bzbz/

Norsky19
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Norsky19 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:43 am

If the Griz QB is as accurate as he's been since November they have a legit shot. The D will show up and slow but not stop the rabbits.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:03 am

Griznationalist wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:18 pm
nanacat wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:38 pm
According to this article they asked Vigen to comment on the upcoming game, and he declined.
Idaho coach, former South Dakota State coordinator Jason Eck analyzes FCS championship matchup - https://www.montanasports.com/college/m ... ip-matchup

Does anyone else feel like there's an extreme amount of press on the gris? Was there this much when the Cats made it in 2021? Maybe, but seems like more this time.
Doesn’t seem like extreme amounts of press coverage. SDSU is clearly the favorite and understandably so. UM is playing in its 8th National Championship Game in a span of 28 seasons, so they get a little bit of press interest from that angle.
UM is a journalism school. Of course they get more press. Always have.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:03 pm

Norsky19 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:43 am
If the Griz QB is as accurate as he's been since November they have a legit shot. The D will show up and slow but not stop the rabbits.
He's been very accurate on SOME passes, but holy crap he has been inconsistent. I've seen some absolutely horrible passes from him, including some that were directly to the wrong team. If he throws the ball to SDSU a couple times, zero chance UM wins.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:05 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:18 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:51 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:22 pm
Listen - I hate dUMb as much as the next guy, and I won't be rooting for them whatsoever. Aside from the hatred, I am not so sure why so many Cat fans are unable to give them the credit they deserve this year. Everyone had them dead and buried after they barely lost to Ferris Bueller State, and then lost to NAU. But they rattled off a bunch of wins in row to finish as the hottest team in the league.

Throw in the fact they pummeled us by manhandling our lines (which no one was able to do) and they beat some pretty good playoff teams that we were unable to beat (Idaho and NDSU). Their defense is stout and playing extremely well right now. And defense wins championships. I would ride that defense that they have right now any day of the week. Their QB is doing just enough to win ball games, and their special teams are probably the best in the nation.

I think this game is gonna be a lot closer than most everybody wants to believe. I still give SDSU the nod, but I think it will be a darn close game.
Vegas has sdsu as 13 point favorites so there is no reason to chastise MSU fans for not giving um enough credit.

No Cats fans have said um has 0 chance but the fact is, sdsu is a big favorite in this game. That's not MSU fans talking, it's the betting bookmakers with actual money on the line.
Not sure I was chastising our fans. I'm stating facts. All season long we Bobcat fans - myself included - have doubted dUMb all season long. Threads talking about how this may be the worst griz team in years, to they're gonna get drubbed by Idaho, and how the Cats are gonna roll them, to they're not gonna get past their first playoff game. Even recently as how they were just gonna roll NDSU and the bison don't have a chance. And all they've done is continue to prove us wrong.

I don't care how many points the so-called "experts" are picking for an SDSU win. I've seen this story before. All I'm saying is that dUMb has been very good at bottling up all the underdog negativity and using it to their advantage. The Cats used to be excellent at doing the same.
Wat? You might have that backwards.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:16 pm

Still steaming every time I see a Walmart griz fan in Billings, am I alone? Just want to puke, I wonder if the MSU players feel the same way. Maybe I’m a crotchety prick, but every-time I see that color I want to yell.

If your left, you aren’t right.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:18 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:16 pm
Still steaming every time I see a Walmart griz fan in Billings, am I alone? Just want to puke, I wonder if the MSU players feel the same way. Maybe I’m a crotchety prick, but every-time I see that color I want to yell.
:D :D

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:19 pm

What’s worse gris fans now wearing their colors as if they are part of something or someone that lives and dies with the blue and gold? Both seem pathetic, but I’m guilty as charged.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:45 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:19 pm
What’s worse gris fans now wearing their colors as if they are part of something or someone that lives and dies with the blue and gold? Both seem pathetic, but I’m guilty as charged.
Yup. ran into someone wearing griz colors in Yuma that were probably last worn in 1995...

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:46 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Yup. ran into someone wearing griz colors in Yuma that were probably last worn in 1995...

I offered to take him into walmart to buy some clothes to replace rags he had on. He thought about it.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:27 pm

Hey Brint, did you do a game preview for Frisco yet? Curious about what you're predicting.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:20 pm

My hope is that this game is decided by the beginning of the 2nd quarter. A 59-9 game would be good.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:43 pm

aucat wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:20 pm
My hope is that this game is decided by the beginning of the 2nd quarter. A 59-9 game would be good.
Works for me. What do you call that if 37-7 is an a$$ kicking?

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:07 pm

I'd like to pick against the griz but I've been doing that all season. And it hasn't worked out yet. So I'm just casually observing.

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:30 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Dude I’d swear we’re twins…

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:40 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:45 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
What’s fun to do with about 60% of Gris fans wearing their dark pink that I’ve met In the last 40 plus years and I’m
talking they can live in Missoula also..because I have, is engage them in conversation and ask them who their QB is? Or when they won their first or last national championship or
questions most of us know…. Most of them are clueless.. its fuc*** hilarious… 😂 Walmart fans with Pom Poms

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

JohnGotti
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by JohnGotti » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:40 pm

There is only so many times you can luck box in a football season. Griz quota is over. Absolutely Gris won’t win. Find your bookie and bet all you can. It only happens a few times in sports where it’s a 100 percent chance of winning. And that will be SDSU! Bank it, it’s a done deal. Gris luck box out!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:58 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:18 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
:D :D
This too shall pass! :lol:

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:11 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Yep, they've really come out of the woodwork recently. Really hope SDSU takes them behind the woodshed. You'd think at some point that big ol pot of gris luck will run out at some point. They've gotten it more often than not this season, time for the pendulum to swing the opposite direction.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: