Kettels to Kennesaw State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Kettels to Kennesaw State

Post by onceacat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:29 pm

Tcat wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:16 pm
Family lives in South Carolina. Graduates from MSU in the spring. 2 years eligibility = two years for master's degree. Full boat FBS plus...
KSU Head Coach with the same intensity and fire as Choate - Kettels was a Choate recruit. "not a better place to get noticed"... If that is truly his motive...Second largest school in Georgia in terms of attendance, suburb of Atlanta - multiply the Donor base by ??, Conference USA National TV deal with CBS and ESPN, NIL possibilities Atlanta, GA vs Bozeman, MT. Experienced contributor from MSU moving to make immediate impact to support new FBS team and establish legacy - Similar to what Choate was preaching early on.

Congrats Kettels! Thanks for your contribution to the Cats! Thanks for staying in the arena, which allows those outside their opinions...as "odd, strange, bottom dwelling" and ill-informed as they may be. \:D/ =D^
Good post. I wonder when the posters here are finally going to realize that hardly any of these guys are transferring in order to "Get Noticed" by the NFL.

Very few portal transfers are looking for NFL deals....they want educational opportunities, better playing opportunities, a chance to play at a higher level, to be in a new or different place, etc.

There are 99 reasons to transfer, getting looks for Sunday is only one.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:34 pm

I'm just so glad we have posters here all up in kids ****** they know what they're doing from the smell. Shame on all you people speculating and asking questions, you act like this is a fan forum... the nerve.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:44 pm

Good luck Jacob. Your dad and I think your brother stopped by our tailgate different times last year. And High Hopes for you here. Good luck

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:42 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:34 pm
I'm just so glad we have posters here all up in kids ****** they know what they're doing from the smell. Shame on all you people speculating and asking questions, you act like this is a fan forum... the nerve.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No kidding, how dare I post a football record of a team that a former Bobcat player is transferring to! I am such a jerk!
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Travelingcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Travelingcat » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:53 am

Overall its a huge positive statement about the program that a guy transfers out of here to an FBS school (even a marginal one) so that he can get playing time.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:37 am

Travelingcat wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:53 am
Overall its a huge positive statement about the program that a guy transfers out of here to an FBS school (even a marginal one) so that he can get playing time.
Yeah in a way it’s sickening seeing kids leave for money. I don’t blame them about leaving for playing time, even though I don’t think that’s what’s happening with the starters we lost, but there might be a silver lining here for MSU. We may get kids that are good out of high school that need two solid years of high level FCS play, to then parlay that into a division one scholarship. I guess MSU would act like a junior college for fringe division one kids. That would all be good by me, if we don’t drop off in terms of winning at our current level. I will probably lose a little of my die hardness for MSU if kids are only here for two years, because I won’t become as attached to the actual player and their growth at MSU. I guess just win baby and all else will fall into place.

If your left, you aren’t right.