Injuries Question

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Injuries Question

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:24 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:04 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:24 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:07 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:47 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:33 pm
coachouert wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:09 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:29 am
MSU would be smart to get a graduate Physical Therapy program. It’s a big benefit to UM.
The likelihood of the BOR approving a new program like that when UM already has it, is pretty slim unfortunately.
I know, but it sure would be handy. It’s too bad the universities can’t make decisions without needing the BOR.
Is the PT program really involved with the football program these days?
I’m sure they could figure something out where you can use them as trainers, help with rehab, and most importantly, do it cheaply.
My wife went to PT school in Missoula. I don’t think they did anything with the athletic dept. maybe they do now?
I don’t know if they do either tbh, but I don’t know why they couldn’t. Just seems like in a high cost of living area, any avenue to get more affordable labor is beneficial.
PT program in Missoula has literally 0% to do with UM athletics. Even if they did, would it really be a benefit to have students who honestly don’t know much and have no practical experience working on D1 athletes? MSU has a training staff that does a very good job. Sometimes, sh*t just happens when you’re dealing with young men this big, strong, and fast.

GO CATS GO!!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:31 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:24 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
coachouert wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
MSU would be smart to get a graduate Physical Therapy program. It’s a big benefit to UM.
The likelihood of the BOR approving a new program like that when UM already has it, is pretty slim unfortunately.
I know, but it sure would be handy. It’s too bad the universities can’t make decisions without needing the BOR.
I’m sure they could figure something out where you can use them as trainers, help with rehab, and most importantly, do it cheaply.
My wife went to PT school in Missoula. I don’t think they did anything with the athletic dept. maybe they do now?
I don’t know if they do either tbh, but I don’t know why they couldn’t. Just seems like in a high cost of living area, any avenue to get more affordable labor is beneficial.
PT program in Missoula has literally 0% to do with UM athletics. Even if they did, would it really be a benefit to have students who honestly don’t know much and have no practical experience working on D1 athletes? MSU has a training staff that does a very good job. Sometimes, sh*t just happens when you’re dealing with young men this big, strong, and fast.
If the professionals getting paid to keep the players healthy aren't doing a good job (debatable) I definitely wouldn't want a bunch of students giving it a shot.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

WetWaderMT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by WetWaderMT » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:31 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:31 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:24 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
coachouert wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
If the professionals getting paid to keep the players healthy aren't doing a good job (debatable) I definitely wouldn't want a bunch of students giving it a shot.
MSU did have an athletic training program when um didn't, then um added one and MSU dropped theirs...if you want to discuss a disparity in resources available for athletes!

PainfulArc
New Recruit

Post by PainfulArc » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:25 am

UM has student athletic trainers, they are not doing the rehab, they're undergrad students being led by the staff. As mentioned previously the PT program has nothing to do with the training staff, and there has been friction between the two. MSU has athletic trainers and their own PTs already, they are provided by Bozeman Health. The problem is getting the ATs and PTs to work together and on the same page. There is a shortage of staff during the season as it is busy and there are multiple sports and then it is slow out of season. Prior to Bozeman Health sponsoring MSU, athletes needing PT used PTs in the community. Gotta feed the sponsors though now.