Jhase McMillan commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Jhase McMillan commits

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:49 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:09 pm
He has one of those styles where it looks kinda effortless, easy for him.... like he's jogging. :)
He also looks bigger than 160. 5’11” seems right. Looks like 175 but that might be relative to the other sprinters.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:52 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:41 pm
I actually ran a better time than this in high school. Honestly I beat it by almost a second. I mean it wasn't the 100, but still. It was a hand-timed 40 but to be fair I was wearing football cleats.
But you had football speed. You were just as fast with your pads on.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:09 pm

I wonder if he'll be a good candidate to NOT red shirt. Probably depends on how he stacks up against the existing studs in the return game, ST, and secondary. Yes, I'm very profound.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:35 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:52 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
I actually ran a better time than this in high school. Honestly I beat it by almost a second. I mean it wasn't the 100, but still. It was a hand-timed 40 but to be fair I was wearing football cleats.
But you had football speed. You were just as fast with your pads on.
And those shoulder pads were at least 5 feet wide. With a helmet that weighed approximately 48 pounds.

cat-o-nine
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat-o-nine » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:50 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Ha! Earlier, I was trying to think what my best time was in HS track. I wasn't a sprinter by any standard but did dabble in it a bit before seeing that it wasn't for me. Doubt I was ever under 12. I also wondered what I could clock in the 100 today at the young age of 62. Probably go code blue somewhere after about 30 or 40 yards. Medic!

I would hope Mr. McMillan would consider spending some time with the track team after the football season ends.

BobcatBuiltTexan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatBuiltTexan » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:44 pm

Update on the McMillan kid...... just went 21.11 in the 200.... so currently he had the 3rd fastest time in the nation in the 200 and he's 2ndb in the 100.. both of which from film he eased up at the end. In the 200 today there was no one even close to him... he'll go sub 21 tomorrow I'm calling it. He is the anchor leg of the 4x1 that had the 2nd fastest time in the nation and anchor leg for the 4x2 that had the 4th fastest time in the nation.... he went 23'5" in the LJ today also so that ranks him at no.7 in the nation. Basically every event he's in is top 10 in the nation... lolol

He's not 175 he's about 165 and he's 5'11".... his dad played at rice and was 6' 175 in college.

The question of can be play football is silly. These coaches know how to evaluate talent. Before I list off what he's done playing football understand he switched from rb to cb between his soph and jr year. So going into his Jr year never playing cb he lead his district with 5ints gave up zero tds and was first team all district.... as a sr he had less ints 4 I believe, primarily playing safety(he's a natural cb) and had 4 blocked pats/fgs(one he blocked the kick then got up and had an int on the same play) 1 blocked punt that he picked up and returned for a td... was again 1st Team All District and was a finalist for houston touchdown club defensive player of the year. The Houston td club honor is THE most prestigious award in the greater Houston area..... so long story long.... YES he can play football and is really darn good at it. He has returned kicks but this year he was more of a threat blocking kicks than returning punts and on kor they refused to kick to him....MSU got a power 5 talent player. I'm excited for yall.

BobcatBuiltTexan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatBuiltTexan » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:51 pm

cat-o-nine wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:50 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Ha! Earlier, I was trying to think what my best time was in HS track. I wasn't a sprinter by any standard but did dabble in it a bit before seeing that it wasn't for me. Doubt I was ever under 12. I also wondered what I could clock in the 100 today at the young age of 62. Probably go code blue somewhere after about 30 or 40 yards. Medic!

I would hope Mr. McMillan would consider spending some time with the track team after the football season ends.
From what his dad told me on his OV they were supposed to talk to the track coach but weren't able to. But the coaches gave the track coach his times and before they could finish they said yes he can run for us if yall let him. They were using him being able to run track as a bargaining tool to get him to bozeman. I don't know of he will in fact run in college but he he definitely would be able to help out. He was offered a track scholly from Arkansas little Rock and army wanted him to run track but he wasn't interested in track only.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:52 pm

BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:44 pm
Update on the McMillan kid...... just went 21.11 in the 200.... so currently he had the 3rd fastest time in the nation in the 200 and he's 2ndb in the 100.. both of which from film he eased up at the end. In the 200 today there was no one even close to him... he'll go sub 21 tomorrow I'm calling it. He is the anchor leg of the 4x1 that had the 2nd fastest time in the nation and anchor leg for the 4x2 that had the 4th fastest time in the nation.... he went 23'5" in the LJ today also so that ranks him at no.7 in the nation. Basically every event he's in is top 10 in the nation... lolol

He's not 175 he's about 165 and he's 5'11".... his dad played at rice and was 6' 175 in college.

The question of can be play football is silly. These coaches know how to evaluate talent. Before I list off what he's done playing football understand he switched from rb to cb between his soph and jr year. So going into his Jr year never playing cb he lead his district with 5ints gave up zero tds and was first team all district.... as a sr he had less ints 4 I believe, primarily playing safety(he's a natural cb) and had 4 blocked pats/fgs(one he blocked the kick then got up and had an int on the same play) 1 blocked punt that he picked up and returned for a td... was again 1st Team All District and was a finalist for houston touchdown club defensive player of the year. The Houston td club honor is THE most prestigious award in the greater Houston area..... so long story long.... YES he can play football and is really darn good at it. He has returned kicks but this year he was more of a threat blocking kicks than returning punts and on kor they refused to kick to him....MSU got a power 5 talent player. I'm excited for yall.
Thanks for these updates. There’s never been a track athlete in Montana history like him. Freaking incredible. 100 record is 10.5. 200 is 21.06. LJ is 23-8.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:22 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BobcatBuiltTexan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatBuiltTexan » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:35 pm

Here's his 200m race today..... obviously he's the one out front

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:34 am

BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:

Sounds really impressive all around. Was it his size that kept him out of the FBS?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:36 am

BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:35 pm

I am a little confused with the tweet. It says “offer him now”. Isn’t he already signed at MSU?

SparkCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by SparkCat » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:17 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:36 am
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:35 pm

I am a little confused with the tweet. It says “offer him now”. Isn’t he already signed at MSU?

I believe the twitter is talking about @Trent_Blay1, who I believe maybe came in 3rd in that race.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:36 am

What is keeping a football player with this type of speed from receiving FBS offers?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:49 am

PapaG wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:36 am
What is keeping a football player with this type of speed from receiving FBS offers?
He did receive FBS offers if I remember right. Happy he chose to be a bobcat

BobcatBuiltTexan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatBuiltTexan » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:13 am

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:34 am
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:

Sounds really impressive all around. Was it his size that kept him out of the FBS?
So he ran a 20.74 in the finals...... honestly don't know. I talked to his 7v7 coached today after I saw his time and they don't even know why. Nobody seems to be able to pinpoint why a kid with his talent, good academics, great family(every family member in his house are d1 athletes), high character isn't being drooled over. Some say the portal hurt him... others say his hs coaches had an agenda for another kid so jhase was always on the back burner because they felt he would get his so they were always selling the other kid. Honestly I don't know how he got out of Texas. His dad has said that he really happy he's at msu because he was really impressed with the coaches character as was jhase. I mean he's 5-11 160lbs... so he isn't small and will grow to about 6 175. Any way it goes msu won for real

BobcatBuiltTexan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatBuiltTexan » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:18 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:49 am
PapaG wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:36 am
He did receive FBS offers if I remember right. Happy he chose to be a bobcat
He had utah st and old dominion....tx st offered him but it wasn't real. Sfa is the only Texas school that really wanted him. Weird. What I know is yall got a special talent in that kid and he's a really good kid. Very respectful, doesn't get on social media much. Just a good person. I'm really excited to see how yall use him. He's a real game changer from multiple positions.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:06 am

BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:13 am
coloradocat wrote:
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:

So he ran a 20.74 in the finals...... he's 5-11 160lbs... so he isn't small and will grow to about 6 175.
Assuming that 20.74 is the fastest in the country based on 21.11 being the third fastest. MSU record is 21.36.

Edit: it can’t be the fastest since he finished second by .01.
Last edited by TomCat88 on Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:29 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:06 am
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:

So he ran a 20.74 in the finals...... he's 5-11 160lbs... so he isn't small and will grow to about 6 175.
Assuming that 20.74 is the fastest in the country based on 21.11 being the third fastest. MSU record is 21.36.
That is blazing fast!!!

Aside question: How is the mhsa record of 21.06 faster than the msu record?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:01 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:29 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:06 am
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:

That is blazing fast!!!

Aside question: How is the mhsa record of 21.06 faster than the msu record?
Very interesting since it was Chris Wilson who ran track at MSU and holds 100m record of 10.42.

toM StUber