NDSU/Griz semifinals

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcatfan15
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: NDSU/Griz semifinals

Post by bobcatfan15 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:19 am

The Butcher wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:11 am
Dbrewmsu wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:41 am
thehawtcarl1 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:12 pm
Gotta be rough for y'all, hah.

Dirty ass bizon, "never to be" bobacts.

Enjoy sucking at every. other. sport. EVER.
3rd grade must be going tough on you this year carl. You're half way through though. Keep your chin up Carl! Also.... who names their kid Carl? Parents must be dicks....
If this poster is over 16 years old, they are going to have a rough life in the real world. 😂
They clearly don’t pay attention to “every. other. sport. EVER” either. 😂😂😂😂

"The season is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes"-Coach Green

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:30 am

nanacat wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:10 am
Bergen got lots of credit for that pass on the 2 pt conversion but no one seems to mention the ball could have been intercepted if the NDSU guy had jumped instead of just raising his hands. The ball was tipped, then White got it, because of the tip. Doesn't matter now, but the gris lucked out in my opinion.
Lucked out for the 30,000th time since 1985.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:30 pm

Yep, put me in the crow eating group. I said the game would be close at half and NDSU would pull away in the second half and win by a couple scores. I was wrong. Very surprised the QB missed several wide open receivers for what would have been sure TDs. This has certainly been one of those magical seasons, and for sure in this game, where everything just fell in place for the Griz. I also cannot believe there were zero penalties called on the Griz for 57 minutes. I saw several infractions that could have been called. I wonder what the betting line will be? I'm guessing SDSU by 12 to 14 or something like that?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:36 pm

John K wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:41 pm
How pathetic does your life have to be, to spend so much time on your rival's message board, puffing out your chest and apparently getting so much joy from being a complete douche?
It’s not a stretch to assume there isn’t a lot of joy in that person’s life, Gris win or not.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:39 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:14 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:53 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:35 pm
Look at the ndsu receiver on the right and tell me if that's a penalty or not.

The quarterback handed the ball off, and the “receiver” was masquerading as a blocker on the trick play. That will never be called a penalty.
Never? Then a good defense against this would be to throw all the receivers to the ground.

Pretty dumb play call, though.
82 (TE) initiated contact with 8 (CB), 82 attempts to pull down 8 (offensive holding) and run through him, 8 keeps "clean hands" on 82 through play (within 5 yrds of line of scrimmage is legal), 82 loses balance - 8 disengaged - ball is thrown (in that order, which is important on the call).

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by lakesbison » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:39 pm

BULL CRAP the griz player that got BURNT out of his JOCK reached and pulled #82 Jersey in his stomach area and rode it down to his hips and tackled him.

you blind dumb%S*T GRIZ IDIOT

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:12 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:39 pm
BULL CRAP the griz player that got BURNT out of his JOCK reached and pulled #82 Jersey in his stomach area and rode it down to his hips and tackled him.

you blind dumb%S*T GRIZ IDIOT
Good for you. I hope NDSU fans enjoyed the game-day experience in Missoula and arrived home safe and healthy. I wish the Bison a successful 2024.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:15 am

Griznationalist wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:39 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

The quarterback handed the ball off, and the “receiver” was masquerading as a blocker on the trick play. That will never be called a penalty.
Never? Then a good defense against this would be to throw all the receivers to the ground.

82 (TE) initiated contact with 8 (CB), 82 attempts to pull down 8 (offensive holding) and run through him, 8 keeps "clean hands" on 82 through play (within 5 yrds of line of scrimmage is legal), 82 loses balance - 8 disengaged - ball is thrown (in that order, which is important on the call).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No...

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:46 am

Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

The play looks fine to me, they're both engaged off the bat and they separate and the TE loses his balance. good no call imo, there were way more egregious penalties earlier in the game from both sides.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:28 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:46 am
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

The play looks fine to me, they're both engaged off the bat and they separate and the TE loses his balance. good no call imo, there were way more egregious penalties earlier in the game from both sides.
Sorry, but the TE doesn't lose his balance. He disengages to become a receiver, gets outside the DB and the DB holds on to him with his left hand, resulting in a pull down. That is 100% a penalty. Probably should have been called holding and not PI as the ball wasn't in there air yet.

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:09 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:28 am
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Sorry, but the TE doesn't lose his balance. He disengages to become a receiver, gets outside the DB and the DB holds on to him with his left hand, resulting in a pull down. That is 100% a penalty. Probably should have been called holding and not PI as the ball wasn't in there air yet.
wrong. there's another angle from the other corner of the endzone that clearly shows it was an excellent no call. I don't know how to post twitter videos but its on egriz. In fact, you can see the NDSU TE holding our DB, then flails and tries to get call. its clear as day. I know you really want there to be some reason why the griz didn't deserve the win, but you're just grasping at straws. It was an excellent game and the griz 100% gutted out an amazing win in what will go down as the greatest game in Wa-Griz history. here is the link to the egriz thread that shows the video i think. its the second one down. https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.p ... &start=500
Last edited by hilinegrizfan on Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:15 am

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:09 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

wrong. there's another angle from the other corner of the endzone that clearly shows it was an excellent no call. I don't know how to post twitter videos but its on egriz. In fact, you can see the NDSU TE holding our DB, then flails and tries to get call. its clear as day. I know you really want there to be some reason why the griz didn't deserve the win, but your just grasping at straws. It was an excellent game and the griz 100% gutted out an amazing win in what will go down as the greatest game in Wa-Griz history. here is the link to the egriz thread that shows the video i think. its the second one down. https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.p ... &start=500
I don't think anyone is trying anything....

I agree with you HiLine in that it was a good no call. I spoke with someone that has coached football for years regarding that play. He thinks it was a designed "flop" of sorts if the play breaks down. I guess it's really not that uncommon.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:23 am

My experience is that most “bad” calls aren’t bad calls. The rules are sometimes complicated. For instance, you can’t turn your back (intentionally or not) to an oncoming blocker and get a block in the back call.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:26 am

bobcatfan123 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:15 am
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:09 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

wrong. there's another angle from the other corner of the endzone that clearly shows it was an excellent no call. I don't know how to post twitter videos but its on egriz. In fact, you can see the NDSU TE holding our DB, then flails and tries to get call. its clear as day. I know you really want there to be some reason why the griz didn't deserve the win, but your just grasping at straws. It was an excellent game and the griz 100% gutted out an amazing win in what will go down as the greatest game in Wa-Griz history. here is the link to the egriz thread that shows the video i think. its the second one down. https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.p ... &start=500
I don't think anyone is trying anything....

I agree with you HiLine in that it was a good no call. I spoke with someone that has coached football for years regarding that play. He thinks it was a designed "flop" of sorts if the play breaks down. I guess it's really not that uncommon.
For the record i wasn't singling any specific poster out but just saw that the general attitude here is that griz got away with an obvious PI. Good on the refs for not calling that and ruining what was a clean play. just a bad play call IMO and the TE trying to flop to get a call was not the way to go about it. I was shocked they didn't just power run it in

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:16 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Completely disagree.

RKMCMT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RKMCMT » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:34 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:30 pm
Yep, put me in the crow eating group. I said the game would be close at half and NDSU would pull away in the second half and win by a couple scores. I was wrong. Very surprised the QB missed several wide open receivers for what would have been sure TDs. This has certainly been one of those magical seasons, and for sure in this game, where everything just fell in place for the Griz. I also cannot believe there were zero penalties called on the Griz for 57 minutes. I saw several infractions that could have been called. I wonder what the betting line will be? I'm guessing SDSU by 12 to 14 or something like that?
Bison are probably a QB away from being dominant again. Just like last year's mediocre Griz were a hail mary transfer portal senior away from this season.

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:54 pm

Bison coach says crowd was the difference maker

MISSOULA — It's hard to imagine a college football coach paying a more flattering compliment to an opposing fan base than North Dakota State skipper Matt Entz after Saturday's loss at Montana.

"The way they show up and get involved is pretty unique and it caused us some issues at times for sure," he said of a 31-29 setback in double-OT in front of an electric crowd of 26,544.

"How many third-and-shorts turned into third-and-longs because of a false start? That was frustrating." 
Leading up to Saturday's game, the Bison talked a lot in practice about the importance of staying out of third-and-long situations. In many instances they did a good job of gaining enough yardage on first and second down, setting up short-yardage situations against the Grizzly defense.

"There were probably even a few of them today where, hey, if it's fourth-and- 1 we might have gone for it. But all of a sudden it's third-and-8," he said of a rash of false start penalties caused by a disruptive crowd.

"You yank the playbook right out of (assistant) Coach (Tyler) Roehl's play-calling ability. The play card becomes obsolete. All of a sudden it becomes conservative and let's make sure we punt and don't turn it over. Their crowd had a huge impact .... You can't emulate the stress and the pressure these guys feel at game time."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:04 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:06 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:04 pm
Yeah, I seem to remember three procedural penalties against the gris offense in the first half at Bobcat stadium last year.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:14 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:30 pm
I wish I was as good at predicting the ACTUAL scores as I am at the Vegas betting lines! :lol: I think I saw the opening line is SDSU -13.5

Great time to be a BOBCAT!