Kade Cutler in portal

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Kade Cutler in portal

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:10 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:57 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:43 pm
spring creek cat wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:31 pm
I know his family extremely well! Great people! Had a great conversation with his mom this summer, injuries absolutely derailed his career. Hurt his shoulder his senior of high and it never healed right. Hurt it again in freshman and has had multiple surgeries already. Definitely a kid looking for a fresh healthy start, at this point because of injuries he is definitely behind in development. This is a classic sad case of college sports, it helps out all this NIL stiff in perspective also! Go get it while you can.
Get what while you can? Such ****** advice. If your school is getting paid for and you get to play in front of actual fans, what are we talking about? Kade isn’t getting more than 10k his entire career, get it while you can? If he wants to play in NAIA then go, but to say get it while you can is so dumb. He probably won’t get a dime in the naia other than playing time. Which is fine if he wants to play then do it.It’s the old follow the leader, say what everybody says, lions not sheep people.
Brother, try reading it again.
I read it. It says get what you can because you might get injured again. Did I nail it? He won’t get much in NAIA, other than his school paid for, pretty much the same he has now. If he wants to play now it makes sense for him. I don’t blame him, but I don’t applaud him either.

If your left, you aren’t right.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:46 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:10 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:
I know his family extremely well! Great people! Had a great conversation with his mom this summer, injuries absolutely derailed his career. Hurt his shoulder his senior of high and it never healed right. Hurt it again in freshman and has had multiple surgeries already. Definitely a kid looking for a fresh healthy start, at this point because of injuries he is definitely behind in development. This is a classic sad case of college sports, it helps out all this NIL stiff in perspective also! Go get it while you can.
Get what while you can? Such ****** advice. If your school is getting paid for and you get to play in front of actual fans, what are we talking about? Kade isn’t getting more than 10k his entire career, get it while you can? If he wants to play in NAIA then go, but to say get it while you can is so dumb. He probably won’t get a dime in the naia other than playing time. Which is fine if he wants to play then do it.It’s the old follow the leader, say what everybody says, lions not sheep people.
I read it. It says get what you can because you might get injured again. Did I nail it? He won’t get much in NAIA, other than his school paid for, pretty much the same he has now. If he wants to play now it makes sense for him. I don’t blame him, but I don’t applaud him either.
He’s not talking about Cutler getting any NIL money.

He talks about how many injuries Cutler has had, and is saying those amount of injuries puts it into perspective all the players that are leaving that are able to get NIL money. That they should, “go get it while they can”.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:57 am

I do remember him getting a tackle in one of our garbage time games. I wish him well, his parents are friends with our nieces family.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:06 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:
The poster is saying pursue an opportunity while he can still play. Why do some people have to be such a d1ck? Cutler spent 3 years committed to the program as a Cat, dealing with injuries and you can’t wish him well?

Norsky19
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Norsky19 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:55 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:06 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:
The poster is saying pursue an opportunity while he can still play. Why do some people have to be such a d1ck? Cutler spent 3 years committed to the program as a Cat, dealing with injuries and you can’t wish him well?
+1

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:58 pm

A few on Egriz seem to think Kade is transferring to UM.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:06 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:58 pm
Good luck to Kade! Hope he gets the CHANCE to play in the UM defensive backfield if he does transfer.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

WetBreeches
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by WetBreeches » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:02 pm

wbtfg wrote:
He is transferring to UM.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:10 pm

WetBreeches wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:02 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Why?

Hating the griz since 02.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:30 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:10 pm
WetBreeches wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Why?
Didn't work out here in the Nickel or Safety positions. Kade had some injuries his first few years but was ready to contribute this fall and, in my opinion, unfairly never got an opportunity. Ortt/Polidore were our two best safeties to start the year and Dowler/Price locked down the nickel spot. Unquestionably those two spots had the best players starting. However, the depth was shaky. At nickel, we lost both Dowler and Price during the year and instead of moving in another strong safety type like Kade or Aidan Parks (who shined in spring ball in my opinion), we moved Miles Jackson from corner into nickel with mixed results. At safety, Blake Stillwell was the clear #3 per the coaching staff with Bailey/Pottenger jockying for the 4th spot. Next two up were probably Brock Steel and Kade.

Vigen lets his staff decide who is above the line and below the line in terms of "kids who are ready to see the field" each year and that's how the depth gets established. For whatever reason on the defensive side of the ball, I saw the "above the line" players get smaller and smaller the past two years specifically in the secondary and at LB. I completely trust the coaches to play who they feel they can trust. That should be exactly what you want coaches to do as fans. However, I kept hearing more and more this year from spring ball forward that Garza has "his guys" and if you can't break through into that group, it will be hard to see the field. Aidan Parks is a perfect example in my book and a hard-nosed kid like Kade is another. You have to at least give those kids opportunities to prove themselves when they are 3rd or 4th year guys and injuries start to hit. When Miles Jackson was called up at nickel for Sac State instead of Parks, I said to myself (man Aidan is never going to see the field on defense is he).

On the field would it have changed things this year? No not really. I'm a big believer in the best players need to play and if you don't beat out the competition, you are just going to have to improve or see the game from the sideline. I just don't feel like guys like Kade Cutler or Aidan Parks were really given a fair shake to at least get ONE opportunity to play varsity minutes. You need to give kids opportunities to show they can be trusted in a game setting when they've put the time in to your program AND the on-field result is lacking with the players playing in front of them. Our secondary and LB depth took a hit this year because we had a lot of sophomores and juniors sitting on the roster with no game experience. In some cases, freshman played in front of them. Daly & Co. need to figure out how to get our quality depth rotation back in order or else we're going to struggle again in 2024 as injuries always happen each year. That's all.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

WetBreeches
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by WetBreeches » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:41 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:10 pm
WetBreeches wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Why?
Biggest reason is lack of opportunity. Believes he will have a better chance at UM. Also closer to home.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:08 pm

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:25 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:08 pm
That’s flipping gross.

Hating the griz since 02.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:55 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:
Was he on full scholarship for MSU?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:56 pm

Well, bye! I assume he’s a walk-on for the Griz?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:02 pm

Boooooo

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:02 pm

I’m confused. He couldn’t crack the starting lineup here and is transferring to an equal or better defense who is in the Natty.

Were the coaches not giving him a fair shake or does their scheme fit him better?

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:07 pm

The decision was mostly for academic purposes…

Hahahahahahhahahahahahah.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:39 pm

Can’t say I blame him, just never love seeing someone switch sides.

But it sounds like he grew up a griz fan, committed to the previous coach that’s no longer here, and didn’t get a fair shake at real playing time here. Sounds like a pretty good recipe to leave and go to the other side.
Hope he does well 10 games per year.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:41 pm

Why is it the ones that leave over playing time never got a fair shake.

Sports is not bigger than life