Off-season Portal additions/losses

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Re: Off-season Portal additions/losses

Post by The Butcher » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:20 pm

ICRobots wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:38 am
The Butcher wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:12 am
gtapp wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:48 pm
BobCatFan wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:18 pm
Question, if you hit the portal, can you resign with the same school?
Rarley happens. Vigen would never do it. If he did everyone would enter the portal just to see what they would get offered and then when it didn't work out just come back to the old team. Ifanse asked to come back an of course was told no. Has to be that way.
Totally agree. Has to be that way no matter how good a player might be.
Philosophies have probably changed, but I personally know of on instance where they put on the full court press to keep a portal entry.
Did the athlete enter the transfer portal or inform the staff about their decision to enter the portal? If the staff attempted to dissuade a player from entering the portal, it seems distinct from a situation where the player initially enters the portal but later decides to exit and remain with the team.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:08 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:46 am

Updated with Rollins.

Great news!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:54 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:46 am
Updated with Rollins.

Great news!
Does this mean he is a BOBCAT?

Just saw the post of his signing...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:15 pm

From 406mtsports.com
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... a60d8.html
“Aigbedion said “there’s no way” he’d be in the portal right now if MSU had advanced to the FCS title game on Jan. 7. He didn’t say — and will never know — what he would’ve done if MSU lost in the quarterfinals or semis, or if he would’ve entered the portal in the five-day window granted to players who compete in the national championship game.”

When talking about the loss in Missoula and positioning for the playoffs, I maintained that that loss cost us quite a bit.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:41 pm

kwcat wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:15 pm
From 406mtsports.com
“Aigbedion said “there’s no way” he’d be in the portal right now if MSU had advanced to the FCS title game on Jan. 7. He didn’t say — and will never know — what he would’ve done if MSU lost in the quarterfinals or semis, or if he would’ve entered the portal in the five-day window granted to players who compete in the national championship game.”

When talking about the loss in Missoula and positioning for the playoffs, I maintained that that loss cost us quite a bit.
Omar was going to leave regardless of what happened in 2023. Had NIL suitors with a good season and it was a way for him to get back closer to his family. The loss in Missoula was no less impactful than the loss at Idaho. Needed to win one of them to get a Top 4 seed and we didn't. As for Rush Reimer, his plan was to graduate, enter the portal, and see if he could get a Power 4 offer and he got several with NIL attached.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:48 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:41 pm
kwcat wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:15 pm
From 406mtsports.com

Omar was going to leave regardless of what happened in 2023. Had NIL suitors with a good season and it was a way for him to get back closer to his family. The loss in Missoula was no less impactful than the loss at Idaho. Needed to win one of them to get a Top 4 seed and we didn't. As for Rush Reimer, his plan was to graduate, enter the portal, and see if he could get a Power 4 offer and he got several with NIL attached.
I have no doubt that you could be right. Just the opposite of what Omar says in the interview. Moving on. Do you think that players that are getting NIL offers that are well known by the team, strain relationships in the season?
Last edited by kwcat on Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

406Fanatic
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 406Fanatic » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:13 pm

WetBreeches wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:02 am
Can it be and/both? The Griz are filling gaps to remain competitive AND the Cats can be choosy because they have depth.

Not to mention....Griz schedule is even easier next season.
Especially, a guaranteed win for the Griz in the last game of the regular season.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:15 pm

406Fanatic wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:13 pm
WetBreeches wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:02 am
Can it be and/both? The Griz are filling gaps to remain competitive AND the Cats can be choosy because they have depth.

Not to mention....Griz schedule is even easier next season.
Especially, a guaranteed win for the Griz in the last game of the regular season.
:lol: :lol: :lol: OK Bucko.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:57 pm

That was a pretty big list of names Vigen rattled off in the presser today, of guys no longer in the program.

Did anyone catch them all?

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:29 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:57 pm
That was a pretty big list of names Vigen rattled off in the presser today, of guys no longer in the program.

What I did catch was the fact that he was not inclined to want to speak to it much. I’d guess he’s not inclined to spend any energy once someone heads out the door.

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:36 pm

If you use your Incognito tab you can read this... or if you delete your history I think you can too. Talks about players who've left.
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 92535.html

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:38 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:29 am
94VegasCat wrote:

What I did catch was the fact that he was not inclined to want to speak to it much. I’d guess he’s not inclined to spend any energy once someone heads out the door.
That's what I picked up on as well. Also, I don't know that there were many surprised in that list... in terms of losing any serious contributors? Perhaps Devin Davis and Kendrick Bailey... but I don't even remember how much they played and if that was a good thing.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:46 pm

Many graduated and are leaving. Some of them may only have COVID eligibility so do they want a 5th or 6th year if not on 2 deep or did MSU?

Sports is not bigger than life

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:58 pm

Anyone get eyes on Samora or Rohan? Interested to hear about them.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:26 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:29 am
94VegasCat wrote:

I knew about the transfer guys as we all did. I was surprised at the number of guys who were graduating and retiring with eligibility. I understand the attrition. Just a few guys I thought might contribute more this year I guess. Not now lol

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:36 pm

Updated with Anaya.

Anyone know if some of these other guys landed anywhere yet?