Choate to Nevada

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Re: Choate to Nevada

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:25 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:34 pm
Got himself a QB

Jeffrey recruited his brother before his recruitment really took off. From what I remember, Brock really liked Choate during the recruiting process. What could have been.

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:04 am

Read one article about the new QB, now Google shows Nevada football news every other article it seems. You'd think Choate didn't have a single player on his team with the amount of players he's signing. Wow.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:16 am

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:34 pm
Got himself a QB

My gut tells me he was recruited to be a linebacker 😁

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:16 am

nanacat wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:04 am
Read one article about the new QB, now Google shows Nevada football news every other article it seems. You'd think Choate didn't have a single player on his team with the amount of players he's signing. Wow.
That’s how the algorithms get people. Delete the cookies on your computer every day. Doesn’t work on social media platforms though. Watch one frigin Lacrosse video on Twitter and you get fifty more right behind it. :?

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:21 am

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:16 am
nanacat wrote:
That’s how the algorithms get people. Delete the cookies on your computer every day. Doesn’t work on social media platforms though. Watch one frigin Lacrosse video on Twitter and you get fifty more right behind it. :?
Haha yes, it's true. Those dumb algorithms.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:38 pm

nanacat wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:21 am
AFCAT wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:16 am
nanacat wrote:
Haha yes, it's true. Those dumb algorithms.
Simple solution is don't use Chrome. Duck Duck Go solves the majority of these problems.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:41 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:50 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:26 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:45 am
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:18 am
onceacat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:34 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:34 pm
onceacat wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:28 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:48 pm
onceacat wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:20 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:17 pm

Never said he didn’t do good here, but some of you think he walked on water.
Always makes me laugh. Choate was clearly a solid coach & much needed for the program when he got here....but he was God-awful in year 1 and in the process of rebuilding the defense absolutely destroyed one of the most talented offenses in the FCS. Anyone else remember how he trotted out Tyler Bruggman for embarassment after embarrassment until the crowd actually booed the coaches for putting the kid back in?

I never really forgave him for that...sort of undermines the whole 'player centered' thing.

But he was 4-0 against the Griz & got Bob Stitt fired. And after 3 years had returned the Cats to where they were in 2012.

I'm glad he was here & glad he fixed the problems on D, but we lucked out so much when he took the job at Texas.

If he was still here, we'd probably be sitting Sean Chambers & Tommy Mellot on the bench & trying to figure out which linebacker to start at QB.
Oh my gosh.

I’m sorry, but you don’t understand how bad things were getting under Ash. The players despised him, there was hardly any leadership, and the depth was mediocre at best. Sure, the offense performed well (against mid level teams), but you can’t blame Prukop leaving on Choate.

Choate had to rebuild so much when he got here. It was bad, bad. Clearly he wasn’t an offensive savant, but he was the best coach MSU had in the 2000’s prior to Vigen.
I'm pretty well aware of how bad things got under Ash-Choate was a clear upgrade over late career Ash. But he was pretty much even with early career Ash....in every category except Cat-Griz, in which aspect he was light years better.

But the QB situation was so far beyond unacceptable that I'm still shaking my head in shock.

Hopefully as Texas DC, Choate learned that it's NEVER OK to move your best defensive player to be a mediocre offensive player. If he hasnt' learned that, he's going to struggle at Nevada.
It wasn’t a great move, but that aforementioned linebacker was 1st Team Big Sky and an All-American at the wrong position. Seems like he’s done okay — really sorry to see him get re-injured this year.
Probably cost Troy $5-$10m over his career. But sure. Worked out really well for Choate.
I’m not sure how you came up with that figure. Troy first caught the attention of the scouts because of the athleticism he showed on offense. Sure, he wasn’t a true quarterback but his ability to score, his physicality, and the speed he showed on the offensive side of the ball certainly helped him. We will never know how high he would have been drafted had he played defense his entire career but I doubt it would have been higher than where he eventually went.
$5-10 million is ludicrous.
Conservative estimates out of the Anderson camp has that number closer to $40 million on the career earnings side.

....not sure what the Andersen camp says though. Who knows -they might like Choate and think Troy is doing great in the NFL. I wouldn't actually know - like 99.9% of us.
Got drafted about where he would have being a LB for 4 years, maybe higher since he showed the athleticism on offensive side. Had a year to develop at Atlanta then an injury tat had nothing to do with time at MSU. His career earnings are entirely up to him and his ability to excel next year and stay injury free. Blaming earnings on time at MSU is crap.
LOL - what? I think you might have missed my COMPLETELY SARCASTIC TONE...

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:09 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:41 pm
tetoncat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
onceacat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:20 pm

Always makes me laugh. Choate was clearly a solid coach & much needed for the program when he got here....but he was God-awful in year 1 and in the process of rebuilding the defense absolutely destroyed one of the most talented offenses in the FCS. Anyone else remember how he trotted out Tyler Bruggman for embarassment after embarrassment until the crowd actually booed the coaches for putting the kid back in?

I never really forgave him for that...sort of undermines the whole 'player centered' thing.

But he was 4-0 against the Griz & got Bob Stitt fired. And after 3 years had returned the Cats to where they were in 2012.

I'm glad he was here & glad he fixed the problems on D, but we lucked out so much when he took the job at Texas.

If he was still here, we'd probably be sitting Sean Chambers & Tommy Mellot on the bench & trying to figure out which linebacker to start at QB.
Oh my gosh.

I’m sorry, but you don’t understand how bad things were getting under Ash. The players despised him, there was hardly any leadership, and the depth was mediocre at best. Sure, the offense performed well (against mid level teams), but you can’t blame Prukop leaving on Choate.

Choate had to rebuild so much when he got here. It was bad, bad. Clearly he wasn’t an offensive savant, but he was the best coach MSU had in the 2000’s prior to Vigen.
I'm pretty well aware of how bad things got under Ash-Choate was a clear upgrade over late career Ash. But he was pretty much even with early career Ash....in every category except Cat-Griz, in which aspect he was light years better.

But the QB situation was so far beyond unacceptable that I'm still shaking my head in shock.

Hopefully as Texas DC, Choate learned that it's NEVER OK to move your best defensive player to be a mediocre offensive player. If he hasnt' learned that, he's going to struggle at Nevada.
It wasn’t a great move, but that aforementioned linebacker was 1st Team Big Sky and an All-American at the wrong position. Seems like he’s done okay — really sorry to see him get re-injured this year.
Probably cost Troy $5-$10m over his career. But sure. Worked out really well for Choate.
I’m not sure how you came up with that figure. Troy first caught the attention of the scouts because of the athleticism he showed on offense. Sure, he wasn’t a true quarterback but his ability to score, his physicality, and the speed he showed on the offensive side of the ball certainly helped him. We will never know how high he would have been drafted had he played defense his entire career but I doubt it would have been higher than where he eventually went.
Conservative estimates out of the Anderson camp has that number closer to $40 million on the career earnings side.

....not sure what the Andersen camp says though. Who knows -they might like Choate and think Troy is doing great in the NFL. I wouldn't actually know - like 99.9% of us.
Got drafted about where he would have being a LB for 4 years, maybe higher since he showed the athleticism on offensive side. Had a year to develop at Atlanta then an injury tat had nothing to do with time at MSU. His career earnings are entirely up to him and his ability to excel next year and stay injury free. Blaming earnings on time at MSU is crap.
Not sure onceacat was though and that is part of the thread

Sports is not bigger than life

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:22 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:09 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
onceacat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

Oh my gosh.

Onceacat was about 6 deep on that thread and you responded to mine. I’m assuming you can see where I’d draw a pretty direct line in the thought process of you talking to me.

But it’s bobcatnation in the off-season. Blue is maroon and black is white.

I’ll be less quick to jump to conclusions in the future…..

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:29 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:22 pm
tetoncat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
onceacat wrote:

Onceacat was about 6 deep on that thread and you responded to mine. I’m assuming you can see where I’d draw a pretty direct line in the thought process of you talking to me.

You were ninth post in a thread, easier to add to that last one.

Sports is not bigger than life

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:06 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:22 pm
tetoncat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
onceacat wrote:

Bruuuuuuuuuce. How ya doin buddy?!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:45 pm

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:20 am

I don’t know why keep posting stuff like this. He doesn’t coach here anymore. Time to move it to the college thread.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:23 am

Common Cat wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:20 am
I don’t know why keep posting stuff like this. He doesn’t coach here anymore. Time to move it to the college thread.
That’s OK if you have an opinion. It is the title of the thread. Previous coach mentions a few things about his history at Montana State. Some of us find it interesting some of us don’t.
I personally like hearing about previous players and coaches at MSU and how they are progressing. In this day and environment of not only coach changes but portal transfers I believe that anything positive mentioned about Montana State University, and its programs only help in the recruiting process.
I enjoy hearing about Troy Andersen, and other Previous players as well that no longer play here.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:33 am

kwcat wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:23 am
Common Cat wrote:
That’s OK if you have an opinion. It is the title of the thread. Previous coach mentions a few things about his history at Montana State. Some of us find it interesting some of us don’t.
I personally like hearing about previous players and coaches at MSU and how they are progressing. In this day and environment of not only coach changes but portal transfers I believe that anything positive mentioned about Montana State University, and its programs only help in the recruiting process.
I enjoy hearing about Troy Andersen, and other Previous players as well that no longer play here.
I think the point is that it should be on the college board rather than the main board.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:35 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:33 am
kwcat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
I think the point is that it should be on the college board rather than the main board.
👍

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:47 am

Being forced to read threads on BN. Relax, I’m just joking.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:48 am

kwcat wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:35 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:33 am
kwcat wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
👍
I think you're good. We have a 15 page thread on Choate running for over two months. I don't have an issue with you contributing to that 2 month long 15 page thread..... :wink:

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:07 am

One thing that caught my attention in his interview was when he said that his young coaches were all very emotionally intelligent and mature.

Emotional intelligence and maturity may have been the greatest weakness of a recent OC for the Bobcats.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Team10

Post by Team10 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:47 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:07 am
One thing that caught my attention in his interview was when he said that his young coaches were all very emotionally intelligent and mature.

Emotional intelligence and maturity may have been the greatest weakness of a recent OC for the Bobcats.
Would love to hear a further explanation of this hot take.