When are the court dates?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Re: When are the court dates?

Post by 94VegasCat » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:05 am

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:20 pm
Maybe try finding something positive in your life instead of investing so much energy in hate.
I asked a simple emotionless question. Gfy

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:08 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:22 pm
A lot of people are pissed that both aren’t gone already, but I think a DUI defendant can keep from being fired from just about any job with the right lawyer until they are found guilty. I have to believe that’s what is happening here.
I’m sure too and I stand by them until proven one way or the other. Only asked a simple question

gris_h8er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gris_h8er » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:36 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:49 am
PapaG wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:27 am
94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:19 am
I’ve asked a few times in various threads. No answers. Can someone clarify? When are the court dates for our coordinators?
How does Garza keep getting continuances? It’s been over a year now. Is that a normal time frame for a DUI in Gallatin County? Seems ridiculous.
Over a year for Garza and who knows about Housewrong.

At a very minimum, neither gets a renewal of contract.
Are their contracts really up?

Only thing better than watching the gris lose is when the Cats win

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:41 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:08 am
TomCat88 wrote:
A lot of people are pissed that both aren’t gone already, but I think a DUI defendant can keep from being fired from just about any job with the right lawyer until they are found guilty. I have to believe that’s what is happening here.
I’m sure too and I stand by them until proven one way or the other. Only asked a simple question
I didn’t even look to see who the OP was. Just explaining why it’s been so long.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

gris_h8er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gris_h8er » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:52 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Seems like it is happening. With both of their play calling and the tackling this season under Garza seem like perfectly legitimate reasons for termination to me.

Only thing better than watching the gris lose is when the Cats win

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:03 am

gris_h8er wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:52 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Seems like it is happening. With both of their play calling and the tackling this season under Garza seem like perfectly legitimate reasons for termination to me.
I agree. I just always am leery of lawyers. Even if MSU says they’re letting them go for lack of coaching ability or whatever can their lawyers say that the DUI charges, which they haven’t been convicted on, are the actual reason and then sue MSU? Legal stuff can be tricky. Oddly, DUI charges could be helping them stay employed.

This part of the issue is very intriguing imo.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by 94VegasCat » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:33 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:41 am
94VegasCat wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:08 am
TomCat88 wrote:
I didn’t even look to see who the OP was. Just explaining why it’s been so long.

I was in agreement with you Tom.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:46 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:03 am
gris_h8er wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
I agree. I just always am leery of lawyers. Even if MSU says they’re letting them go for lack of coaching ability or whatever can their lawyers say that the DUI charges, which they haven’t been convicted on, are the actual reason and then sue MSU? Legal stuff can be tricky. Oddly, DUI charges could be helping them stay employed.

Non renewal of their contract doesn’t have as much gray. There doesn’t have to be any explanation, it’s just not renewed.

As for a DUI (even a charge) and job impact, it’s a bit different when university provided vehicles and driving is part of the job. Can’t take an Uber everywhere when recruiting. Potential Liability is a huge issue these days.

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:53 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
gris_h8er wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

You clearly don’t understand anything about employment law in MT

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:55 pm

msuhunter wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:53 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
gris_h8er wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Go ahead and explain it slayer.

toM StUber

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:56 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:55 pm
msuhunter wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
gris_h8er wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Pay a retainer. Then I’ll explain away. No free lunches

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:24 pm

msuhunter wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:56 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
gris_h8er wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

You just explained a lot.

toM StUber

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:44 am

:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Bobcatsinmso

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:49 am

:lol:
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:24 pm
msuhunter wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
gris_h8er wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

You just explained a lot.
No one is sad when a boat load of lawyers and journalists sink.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

CatsNoMatterWhat

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:43 am

TomCat88 wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
gris_h8er wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I'm not an attorney, but I imagine there are certain stipulations that go with driving a company vehicle. For my wife's job, she periodically has to check out a company vehicle. If she gets a DUI in that car, she's terminated immediately, no questions asked.

The question Tom raises seems to be "can they move forward with the termination until a guilty verdict is handed down?". I have no idea; I'm sure it all depends on the fine print. They could suspend them with pay I would imagine...but MSU chose not to do that.

If Vigen decides not to renew his contract because he wasn't meeting job expectations outside of the DUI...I can't imagine he couldn't do that...but again, I'm not a lawyer. It just seems to me that getting a DUI is a weird way to extend your job tenure when it is otherwise in questions.

I dunno, messy.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:57 am

Is @Griznationalist still a university system employment expert. I bet he could shed some light.

MTnative
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by MTnative » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:58 am

msuhunter wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
gris_h8er wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Do you work for the same “top 100 firm” that griz1023 works for? Sure sounds like it…..

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:06 pm

MTnative wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:58 am
msuhunter wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
gris_h8er wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Do you work for the same “top 100 firm” that griz1023 works for? Sure sounds like it…..
Nope.

Clinton T
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Clinton T » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:36 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:38 pm
PapaG wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:28 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Too lazy to look but I’m wondering if there is a pro bono attorney for these guys like the Gris used to have (still do?) with Paul Ryan and before that Uncle Milty Destopolous.
Better hope not. That’s probably a red flag for an NCAA violation. Maybe if you’re not a player it’s different.

I’m not a big proponent of firing someone over a DUI but public opinion on high profile people makes it tricky. The penalties handed out by the jurisdictions are plenty but that’s just my opinion. Obviously, rival fans are going to make it a huge deal because they want you to lose. Then there’s people who think simply drinking should be illegal.
What about firing someone over their 3rd DUI?

What about firing someone who crashes a vehicle while intoxicated and then tries hard to cover it up?

What happens when these people are leaders of young men?

These are serious questions. Does this change your outlook in any way?
I am right there with you hooked. As a public school administrator, I acknowledge that I am held to a different standard. My salary is paid for by taxpayers and I am responsible for being a role model/leader to hundreds of young people/staff every year. Because of this I make responsible choices. If I were to be irresponsible and violate the trust of the community I serve as these two have, I would fully expect to be relieved of my job.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:41 pm

Clinton T wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:36 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:38 pm
PapaG wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:28 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Too lazy to look but I’m wondering if there is a pro bono attorney for these guys like the Gris used to have (still do?) with Paul Ryan and before that Uncle Milty Destopolous.
Better hope not. That’s probably a red flag for an NCAA violation. Maybe if you’re not a player it’s different.

I’m not a big proponent of firing someone over a DUI but public opinion on high profile people makes it tricky. The penalties handed out by the jurisdictions are plenty but that’s just my opinion. Obviously, rival fans are going to make it a huge deal because they want you to lose. Then there’s people who think simply drinking should be illegal.
What about firing someone over their 3rd DUI?

What about firing someone who crashes a vehicle while intoxicated and then tries hard to cover it up?

What happens when these people are leaders of young men?

These are serious questions. Does this change your outlook in any way?
I am right there with you hooked. As a public school administrator, I acknowledge that I am held to a different standard. My salary is paid for by taxpayers and I am responsible for being a role model/leader to hundreds of young people/staff every year. Because of this I make responsible choices. If I were to be irresponsible and violate the trust of the community I serve as these two have, I would fully expect to be relieved of my job.
I agree with your outlook and feedback. I just don’t know how you could possibly hold your players to a certain standard after you let your leaders completely stray from that standard and have no repurcussions.