2023 Record Watch

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Re: 2023 Record Watch

Post by catgrad05 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:10 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:40 pm
Another note-

The team is on pace to have the most rushing yards in a season ever..... and they do not have any player even close to making the individual rushing yards in a season list, which is crazy.

The depth on this team is very impressive. They have all clearly bought into the "team first" mentality.
That is mind boggling that the team rushing total is so high and the yards are spread out so much.

As you said this team has a common goal and it’s not about who has the individual stats

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:47 pm

well... updated from UM game.

hoping we can bounce back and get some revenge against NDSU!!!

go cats

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:10 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:47 pm
well... updated from UM game.

hoping we can bounce back and get some revenge against NDSU!!!

go cats
i'd rather NDSu lose before playing at MSU

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:59 pm

@mslacatfan Final updates?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:01 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:59 pm
@mslacatfan Final updates?
Sorry, been traveling. Also not super motivated to update after last weekend, ha ha. I will have the final update soon. Thanks.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:07 pm

alright... final update for the season.

sorry for the delay, like most people I have been pretty depressed about how the cats season ended. Last thing I wanted to do is celebrate any stat updates, ha. Super talented team, but for whatever reason the stars just did not align this year.... bad luck... questionable coaching... game of inches... and a hundred what-if's.

Gonna be a long offseason, but next year should be another absolutely LOADED team. Already looking forward to it!

As always- GO CATS!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:25 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:07 pm

sorry for the delay, like most people I have been pretty depressed about how the cats season ended. Last thing I wanted to do is celebrate any stat updates, ha. Super talented team, but for whatever reason the stars just did not align this year.... bad luck... questionable coaching... game of inches... and a hundred what-if's.

Gonna be a long offseason, but next year should be another absolutely LOADED team. Already looking forward to it!

As always- GO CATS!
Ugh thought we'd break some team season records for sure(other than ypc)...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:18 am

technoCat wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:25 am
mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:07 pm

As always- GO CATS!
Ugh thought we'd break some team season records for sure(other than ypc)...
The ypc record is like 0.8 yards more than last year but I thought last year’s run game was more effective. Seems like there were lots more 3rd and 2 situations last year but more long breakaway runs this year. Just didn’t seem like there was that consistent 5-8 yard carries this year. More <3 and >15. Maybe that’s just my imagination.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:46 pm

Was just going through this list - it's one of my favorite threads on the board. It just dawned on me that there is not much in the way of defensive statistics on the list besides fumble caused and team sacks. Are there any current lifetime statistics for things like individual sacks, interceptions, tackles, tackles for loss, etc.?

Sorry @mslacatfan - it's not like you have anything else to do, am I right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:00 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:46 pm
Was just going through this list - it's one of my favorite threads on the board. It just dawned on me that there is not much in the way of defensive statistics on the list besides fumble caused and team sacks. Are there any current lifetime statistics for things like individual sacks, interceptions, tackles, tackles for loss, etc.?

Sorry @mslacatfan - it's not like you have anything else to do, am I right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you enjoy the thread. I have some weird obsession with sports stats, and love the bobcats…. So kinda makes for a fun hobby to track this stuff.

For defense- yeah, I track all of that stuff as well (individual, team, season, career, etc), there just has not been that much to track the last couple seasons. Hardy and TA were the last defensive players to be on a bunch of lists.

Next year Grebe should be making an appearance on a handful of both career and season lists- sacks, TFL, etc. I think he is gonna have a monster year and be a front runner for the Buck award.

FTG- GO CATS GO!