Indoor facility

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Indoor facility

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:39 pm

I watched the press conference from Thursday, and somebody from NDSU media asked coach Vigen about whether they saw this sustained run of excellence coming at NDSU as they were building it with coach Bohl. The answer was not to this level but you could feel a machine being built (paraphrasing). He then talked about how that fundraising and support machine has continued to grow and support them, and that their new indoor facility will be awesome for them, etc. The implication was that if you're going to do this consistently, play into December and January in the northern tier, an indoor is a huge huge plus. I'm sure the guys are feeling it this week.
My question is, how far away are we from getting this done, how much funding will it take, and is it something we can reasonably hope to see within 5 years? 10? Vigen is the second coach to acutely feel and address the need for it; choate talked about it a ton too. Curious everyone's thoughts.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Indoor facility

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:53 pm

I think it would be like 20 million or so to build the indoor facility (a real one, not the bubble thing the griz are doing).

FTG- GO CATS GO!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:38 pm

I know Leon and the Alumni Foundation have been working on getting an indoor. I have no idea how far along they are in fundraising and I doubt they will let us know how far they are until they are real close to getting it done.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:42 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:38 pm
I know Leon and the Alumni Foundation have been working on getting an indoor. I have no idea how far along they are in fundraising and I doubt they will let us know how far they are until they are real close to getting it done.
So we think that's the next piece, correct, rather than rebuilding the east side?

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:44 pm

Selfishly, I want the east side stands rebuilt and expanded. But I get the need for an indoor practice facility.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:01 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:42 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:38 pm
So we think that's the next piece, correct, rather than rebuilding the east side?
Yes, they have mentioned the indoor as priority one numerous times now. Of course, if a whale came in with a bunch of cash and wanted the money earmarked for the East grandstands or something else, then that would happen first.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:08 pm

Aren't an IPF and East Side Bleachers two different funding mechanisms? An IPF will likely need to be fully funded by donations. If the East Side Bleachers are demolished and a new structure with additional capacity and possible sky boxes is built, seed money will come from donations but the bulk can be bonded and paid for through increased revenue.

Just thinking these don't have to be mutually exclusive.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:09 pm

Bobcat Sig wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:44 pm
Selfishly, I want the east side stands rebuilt and expanded. But I get the need for an indoor practice facility.
The indoor facility will be better for the team in the long run. A better team can lead to more donations which leads to a redone east side

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:19 pm

rivercat wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:08 pm
Aren't an IPF and East Side Bleachers two different funding mechanisms? An IPF will likely need to be fully funded by donations. If the East Side Bleachers are demolished and a new structure with additional capacity and possible sky boxes is built, seed money will come from donations but the bulk can be bonded and paid for through increased revenue.

https://youtu.be/mo-RZs5U8xU

Looks like east side renovations are last on the list

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:37 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:19 pm
rivercat wrote:

https://youtu.be/mo-RZs5U8xU

Looks like east side renovations are last on the list
Schedules are fluid. I have no inside information, but since the plan was created, the Gallatin Valley has grown by 20,000 people and attendance averaged close to 20,000 this year in a stadium with a capacity of 17,777. Add in playing for a national championship and I think the plan/schedule will likely change.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:52 pm

rivercat wrote:

Sure, they can be but if they want something done without going into debt, then donations are certainly preferred. Just look at the debt um has now with their version of the BAC and the issues they have paying it off.

I know when they first came up with the 20 year plan, I was told by the folks at the Alumni foundation that the East grandstands were second priority behind the BAC, but that has changed. The indoor is top priority now with East grandstands probably second. I doubt we will see new grandstands for many years unless they get a big wad of cash from someone or the Cats go on a continued winning run (ala EWU) and demand for tickets and luxury boxes skyrockets.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:56 pm

Best way to get the Eastside redone is continue selling out games. Builds a case for additional seat revenue.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:02 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:56 pm
Best way to get the Eastside redone is continue selling out games. Builds a case for additional seat revenue.
Yep, much like the Sonny Holland Endzone.

The safety concern seen at the semifinal game is also added incentive to make it a higher priority.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:47 pm

I'd like to know from Leon when the bonds from the previous stadium renovations are paid off.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:11 pm

Personally, I just hope this next season we see a new massive video screen, scoreboard and sound system. Start the fundraising for the IPF. You would have to think with all the money donated towards other areas, we would have some money that is available to start this off and make it easier to reach the goal. Eventually, east side and additional north endzone seating should be built.

Punters are people too!!

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:28 pm

I heard UM is starting on an IPF next fall...might be just a bubble to begin with....but it will be a recruiting advantage.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:57 pm

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:28 pm
I heard UM is starting on an IPF next fall...might be just a bubble to begin with....but it will be a recruiting advantage.
And Leon said they are working on something temporary(bubble) until the IPF is built. I don't know his timeline, but spring ball weather can be sketchy.
Last edited by Hawks86 on Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catscat

Post by catscat » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:58 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:56 pm
Last drawing I remember seeing on the East side stands resulted in fewer seats - resembled the West side. Are there plans that increase East side seating? While the East side stands are not the best, I'd rather see the IPF before East side renovation.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:59 pm

If the Powerball comes through for me tonight MSU will have a whale.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:07 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:59 pm
If the Powerball comes through for me tonight MSU will have a whale.
ABSOLUTELY...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.