Indoor facility

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Indoor facility

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:00 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm

So when does this go out for bid?
When are shovels going to hit the ground.

85CatGrad

Post by 85CatGrad » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:09 am

Heard they are having a hard time hitting the final $26 million. Just kicked in another $1000. Who's next?

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 pm

85CatGrad wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:09 am
Heard they are having a hard time hitting the final $26 million. Just kicked in another $1000. Who's next?
Did the same.

Hating the griz since 02.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 pm
85CatGrad wrote:
Did the same.
As soon as I heard they were above the $25mil and trying to push to $26mil I talked my wife into us taking the money we saved by not going on some ski trips this year because of poor snow and add to what we already had contributed to the IPF. I really hope sometime in April we hear that construction is starting!

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:38 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 pm
85CatGrad wrote:
Did the same.
As soon as I heard they were above the $25mil and trying to push to $26mil I talked my wife into us taking the money we saved by not going on some ski trips this year because of poor snow and add to what we already had contributed to the IPF. I really hope sometime in April we hear that construction is starting!
I heard an April start date as well, but I’ve heard all sorts of dates over the years. There is a QB club meeting in the next few weeks and I suspect we will be informed of a start date for the IPF then, if not before.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:01 pm

Just made a contribution....giving what I can to get this moving! This will be a huge recruiting tool, not only for Football, but Track & Field as well. Can't wait! Go Cats!!

RICO CAT

Post by RICO CAT » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:04 pm

You all inspiring me to chip in more in addition to the main contribution already made. Gotta pay Uncle Sam first though !
Last edited by RICO CAT on Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:05 pm

Track is starting to be looked at like a perennial top tier team already. I was just reading an article. They called us a top 25 program I think. With this maybe we're a top 15-20 program.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:48 pm

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:50 pm

Has MSU answered the question, does all $26M need to be in place to begin construction?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:27 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:50 pm
Has MSU answered the question, does all $26M need to be in place to begin construction?
It kind of feels like it but maybe they just aren't saying anything in the hopes that will push people to donate. Ideally there would be a BOR rule that if you have raise 90% of the funding needed for a project you can start construction. The longer we wait the higher the final price tag will be.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:41 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:27 pm
CodyCat wrote:
It kind of feels like it but maybe they just aren't saying anything in the hopes that will push people to donate. Ideally there would be a BOR rule that if you have raise 90% of the funding needed for a project you can start construction. The longer we wait the higher the final price tag will be.
And the less likely its completed in time for next winters run to Frisco.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:41 pm
coloradocat wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
I read somewhere that last million they are trying to raise now is for other items inside the facility, fixtures, possible costs above the estimate, etc. They already have the money for the indoor itself, minus any costs above the estimate. Now, since I haven't read anything on any actually bidding for the project, I highly doubt it will begin construction anytime soon. MSU always comes out with estimated start dates and then reality sets in and they don't meet those dates.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:32 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm
CodyCat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
I read somewhere that last million they are trying to raise now is for other items inside the facility, fixtures, possible costs above the estimate, etc. They already have the money for the indoor itself, minus any costs above the estimate. Now, since I haven't read anything on any actually bidding for the project, I highly doubt it will begin construction anytime soon. MSU always comes out with estimated start dates and then reality sets in and they don't meet those dates.
I talked to an assistant coach a couple weeks ago (won't say who just in case), and he said there's a Montana law that says a public project needing donations can't begin until all money is raised. I've never heard of that law. Maybe they are just raising a little more money for FF&E inside, because he said he expected construction to start any day (dirt work).

He also said it won't be finished in time for the playoffs next year, but should be finished in time for spring ball next year.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:27 pm

Articles i have read say full amount is raised. Extra million will cover potential overruns and if that is not needed then used for finishing and equipment.

Sports is not bigger than life

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:37 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:32 pm
AFCAT wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
I talked to an assistant coach a couple weeks ago (won't say who just in case), and he said there's a Montana law that says a public project needing donations can't begin until all money is raised. I've never heard of that law. Maybe they are just raising a little more money for FF&E inside, because he said he expected construction to start any day (dirt work).

He also said it won't be finished in time for the playoffs next year, but should be finished in time for spring ball next year.
That’s a bummer for this big senior class but I don’t think it’s imperative for this team, based primarily on the way the schedule is laid out, as it was for, say, last year’s team, which could’ve used it between the SAC and Idaho games. There were other seasons it would’ve come in handy like the year someone (qb?) slipped and broke an ankle/foot standing in line waiting to do a rep in practice.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:30 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:37 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:32 pm
AFCAT wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
CodyCat wrote:

That’s a bummer for this big senior class but I don’t think it’s imperative for this team, based primarily on the way the schedule is laid out, as it was for, say, last year’s team, which could’ve used it between the SAC and Idaho games. There were other seasons it would’ve come in handy like the year someone (qb?) slipped and broke an ankle/foot standing in line waiting to do a rep in practice.
i thought it was walking across campus.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:30 pm

I heard a news report on the radio this afternoon that started by saying there would be a groundbreaking event tomorrow at MSU. I was about to jump for joy when the report continued to say it was for the new Gianforte School of Computing building. That's good news but I'd much rather the IPF groundbreaking be tomorrow and the computer building break ground sometime later. What a rollercoaster ride that minute was.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!