Indoor facility

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Indoor facility

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:54 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:58 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:44 am
BFcatfan wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:36 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:50 pm
catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:16 pm
RICO CAT wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:36 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:23 pm
BFcatfan wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:01 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:37 pm
They have the loot. Full steam ahead. =D^
And you got this info where?
He finally agreed to sell his house in Bozeman and is donating the amount MSU needed to finish the project. In return, MSU will rename West Grant Street, PHAT CAT street. :wink:
Seriously, think an official statement would have been made by now. I’m thinking PHAT CAT’S sources are unreliable.
I wouldn’t bet against Phat Cat! :coffee:
He hasn’t been wrong before.
Well I’m going to vote wrong because I was given info via the QB club that they were hoping to be able to announce it at Saturday’s spring game. I’m assuming that didn’t happen.
I’m going to guess that Phat might be in the know of something that might not have the t’s crossed and i’s dotted. Just a hunch.
Sime is moving the irrigation pond, right now. But, what do I know?
“Simesonite! I was waaaay off! Knew it started with an S though.”
Last edited by TomCat88 on Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:01 pm

I am told the process is close but not quite complete. Financial terms are still being worked including the signing of pledges. While the details are still being finalized, we are at the finish line. Pretty amazing that about a million was raised in this last push.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:17 am

I know this has been discussed a little. But, it should be revisited. The amount of private money being put into Bobcat Athletics over the last decadeish is absolutely incredible. Maybe its not all being funding privately, but for the most part it is.

Endzone: 10 mil
BAC/Fieldhouse student/athlete room(s) remodel: 18 mil
IAF: 28 mil
Videoboard: ???
Bobcat Stadium parking lot improvements: ??? I dont know how much just the Stadium parking improvement will cost.

Brick Breeden: ???
Mens and Womens bball lockerooms: ???
Volleyball Lockeroom: ???

Is there anything Im missing?

Hating the griz since 02.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 am

CodyCat wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:17 am
I know this has been discussed a little. But, it should be revisited. The amount of private money being put into Bobcat Athletics over the last decadeish is absolutely incredible. Maybe its not all being funding privately, but for the most part it is.

Bobcat Stadium parking lot improvements: ??? I dont know how much just the Stadium parking improvement will cost.

I don't know what is missing, if anything. I think it's incredible too, and most incredible that it hasn't been done with many (if any) major, lead gifts. I believe Gene Thayer gave a million to the EZ project, but has there been another million dollar gift in all of this? $58M from "small" donations? Of course all contributions are significant and even my little pledge was big for me, but there are no huge gifts that you would usually have with projects like this. And if someone has made huge gifts over $1M, hats off to them for not seeking recognition.

I have heard just a few people criticize Leon for not getting all this money raised a long time ago. Jeff Choate felt like nothing happened fast enough for his liking, for one. But this is incredible. It's like a realtor making $5M a year by selling $250,000 houses. Usually they get to that number because they sold some monstrosity for $30M. But Leon and the Alumni Foundation and whoever else is responsible for raising money has been pounding the pavement and chipping away at this one small/medium donation at a time. There is no stone unturned, to the point that people are getting irritated by being asked too much. But that's the way it has to be. It's the only way it has happened. Someday MSU is going to have some billionaire alumnus who likes football, and Bobcat stadium will be a monument to them, like Denny Washington. I'm jealous of that, so I'm not throwing shade at UM. But everything that's happened in and around Bobcat Stadium has been because of normal people like us. There's a lot for us to be proud of because WE did this.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 pm

The Thayer family donated money to buy the old new scoreboard. Not the end zone.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 am
CodyCat wrote:

I don't know what is missing, if anything. I think it's incredible too, and most incredible that it hasn't been done with many (if any) major, lead gifts. I believe Gene Thayer gave a million to the EZ project, but has there been another million dollar gift in all of this? $58M from "small" donations? Of course all contributions are significant and even my little pledge was big for me, but there are no huge gifts that you would usually have with projects like this. And if someone has made huge gifts over $1M, hats off to them for not seeking recognition.

I have heard just a few people criticize Leon for not getting all this money raised a long time ago. Jeff Choate felt like nothing happened fast enough for his liking, for one. But this is incredible. It's like a realtor making $5M a year by selling $250,000 houses. Usually they get to that number because they sold some monstrosity for $30M. But Leon and the Alumni Foundation and whoever else is responsible for raising money has been pounding the pavement and chipping away at this one small/medium donation at a time. There is no stone unturned, to the point that people are getting irritated by being asked too much. But that's the way it has to be. It's the only way it has happened. Someday MSU is going to have some billionaire alumnus who likes football, and Bobcat stadium will be a monument to them, like Denny Washington. I'm jealous of that, so I'm not throwing shade at UM. But everything that's happened in and around Bobcat Stadium has been because of normal people like us. There's a lot for us to be proud of because WE did this.
I'm sure there are others, but the only million dollar donation that I distinctly remember hearing about recently for sports was the $2 million that Bozeman Health donated to the BAC. There is at least one MSU alumna that is worth $3+ billion but apparently she isn't into sports or having her name on MSU stuff. Denny didn't graduate from um and I'm not even sure he went to school there at all. However, I've seen Denny's foundation donate to MSU causes once in a while.

https://www.bozemanhealth.org/news/rele ... -new-ways/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne_Cargill_Liebmann

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:13 pm

vike_king wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:05 pm
On Saturday Leon told me they are close, just not quite there yet.
I won the lottery Tuesday night. Wrote the check Wednesday afternoon. You can thank me later.😂😂😂

Punters are people too!!

RockyBearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RockyBearCat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:04 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:13 pm
vike_king wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:05 pm
On Saturday Leon told me they are close, just not quite there yet.
I won the lottery Tuesday night. Wrote the check Wednesday afternoon. You can thank me later.😂😂😂
I did too!!! My $6 should cover a couple pairs of indoor socks.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:47 am

Looks like the Cats have made changes to their web page and made giving to specific areas a little easier.

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1584/lg ... 9&cid=6934

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 am
CodyCat wrote:

I'm sure there are others, but the only million dollar donation that I distinctly remember hearing about recently for sports was the $2 million that Bozeman Health donated to the BAC. There is at least one MSU alumna that is worth $3+ billion but apparently she isn't into sports or having her name on MSU stuff. Denny didn't graduate from um and I'm not even sure he went to school there at all. However, I've seen Denny's foundation donate to MSU causes once in a while.

https://www.bozemanhealth.org/news/rele ... -new-ways/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne_Cargill_Liebmann
Maybe if we all ordered flowers for the cheerleaders she would donate. Flowers.....

Or if you know a DG at MSU. That was her sorority.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:45 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:55 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:19 am
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:53 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:44 pm
I would love to see the day when all of the High School football Championships, for all classes could be split up and played between MSU and UM’s indoor facilities. You could do AA and B in one, A and C (8&6 man) in the other and just rotate.
Last I looked, the gris facility just had a straight line sprint and jump track, not an oval track.
Man, I just saw he wrote football. I was thinking track. My apologies.
Schools probably wouldn’t want to play without lots of fans in the bleachers. I don’t think that’s part of the plan.

Bozeman42
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bozeman42 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:24 am

CodyCat wrote:

Rodeo team got a bunch of money to build their practice arena.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:22 pm

Bozeman42 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:24 am
CodyCat wrote:

Rodeo team got a bunch of money to build their practice arena.
It is crazy. I remember people just laughing at the notion of a new scoreboard let alone an indoor practice facility. Saying things like it’ll take years to raise the money and we just did this so they can’t expect donations again so soon.

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:42 pm

Good thing dUMb's enrollment is not increasing, parking there has to be a total nightmare. Doesn't look that good for tailgating either.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:24 pm

St George wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:42 pm
Good thing dUMb's enrollment is not increasing, parking there has to be a total nightmare. Doesn't look that good for tailgating either.
Is their IPB taking up parking space?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:05 pm

Lots of work going on in the area designated for the IPF. Couple excavators, dirt conveyor and a Cat. To the south of that it appears they’re digging a new holding pond. Replacing the existing one that the IPF is going to be near?

toM StUber

GRIZFNZ
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZFNZ » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:29 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:24 pm
St George wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:42 pm
Is their IPB taking up parking space?

No, the IPF IS located where the practice fields were before. Last fall construction took away some tailgate spaces but they should be opened back up this season. Im told there are plans to build a new parking garage when they start the new dorms.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:00 pm

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:14 am

Brother, I coulda used an indoor facility overnight. She got down to 28 this morning in my Loserbago (my version of a van down by the river). Lovin me some Town Pump coffee now tho. Alls well. \:D/

toM StUber