Troy ****** Andersen

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

utucats
Member # Retired

Re: Troy ****** Andersen

Post by utucats » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:30 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:30 pm
utucats wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:12 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:31 pm
TA is hurt, and who cares what the right thing to do is if he's healthy. He's not healthy. Right now he's not a good option. He's played the position some this year and been largely ineffective. If you want to have a debate about whether he should be QB when he's healthy just for the sake of argument, I'm out.

I'll say one more thing. This coaching staff has been criticized by many people, myself included, for not being able to get a quality QB. I would argue that this is mostly because they've used a stop-gap "athlete" to play the position like they're a Class B football team. Until they start to be able to show a QB recruit what they're going to be able to do in this offense, they're not going to get any legitimate recruits at that position. I actually think that, with the exception of the INT at the beginning of the game, Rovig played pretty well. He made the easy throws, which is what a QB in this offense needed to be able to do. I think the Bobcats moved the ball pretty effectively early on and again late (even though they couldn't punch it in on 2 4th quarter drives) with Rovig operating as the QB the majority of the time. I'm not exactly sure why they got away from it in the middle of the game--maybe somebody panicked. I just think there were problems on Saturday, but for the most part, Rovig wasn't one of them.
You guys keep forgetting the pick 6 that hit the DB in the face.

TA led us into the playoffs and earned us a W. He also was the only player who had a statistically decent game against NDSU. Anyone who acts as if Rovig’s QB rating should outweigh TA’s resume at QB isn’t being fair in my opinion.

Chances are that TA is not going back to the position but having the opinion that it might be our best option is not crazy. I think Troy could key on one read and make the same throws based on his skill. His health situation might make the story different and if that’s the case then fine but all things being equal it’s hard not to consider.
You keep forgetting that Troy doesn’t want to be QB. If Choate forces him to play full time qb then Troy transfers. Is that what you want?
:lol: Troy plays hurt and has the respect of his teammates. What about his character makes you think he’d walk out on the program? Your assumption that TA has the mindset to quit based on not having things go exactly as he wants is completely off base.

TA may never start at QB again but if asked he’d do it.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:47 am

utucats wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
TA is hurt, and who cares what the right thing to do is if he's healthy. He's not healthy. Right now he's not a good option. He's played the position some this year and been largely ineffective. If you want to have a debate about whether he should be QB when he's healthy just for the sake of argument, I'm out.

I'll say one more thing. This coaching staff has been criticized by many people, myself included, for not being able to get a quality QB. I would argue that this is mostly because they've used a stop-gap "athlete" to play the position like they're a Class B football team. Until they start to be able to show a QB recruit what they're going to be able to do in this offense, they're not going to get any legitimate recruits at that position. I actually think that, with the exception of the INT at the beginning of the game, Rovig played pretty well. He made the easy throws, which is what a QB in this offense needed to be able to do. I think the Bobcats moved the ball pretty effectively early on and again late (even though they couldn't punch it in on 2 4th quarter drives) with Rovig operating as the QB the majority of the time. I'm not exactly sure why they got away from it in the middle of the game--maybe somebody panicked. I just think there were problems on Saturday, but for the most part, Rovig wasn't one of them.

TA led us into the playoffs and earned us a W. He also was the only player who had a statistically decent game against NDSU. Anyone who acts as if Rovig’s QB rating should outweigh TA’s resume at QB isn’t being fair in my opinion.

Chances are that TA is not going back to the position but having the opinion that it might be our best option is not crazy. I think Troy could key on one read and make the same throws based on his skill. His health situation might make the story different and if that’s the case then fine but all things being equal it’s hard not to consider.
Quit saying crap like this. TA struggling mightily passing the ball last season. He's a heckuva athlete and I love what he can do running the ball and playing defense, but throwing the ball IS NOT something he does well, especially the short passing game. TA was never the long term answer at QB for the Bobcats, the only reason he finished the season last year at QB was because of TR's injury.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:32 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:47 am
utucats wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

Quit saying crap like this. TA struggling mightily passing the ball last season. He's a heckuva athlete and I love what he can do running the ball and playing defense, but throwing the ball IS NOT something he does well, especially the short passing game. TA was never the long term answer at QB for the Bobcats, the only reason he finished the season last year at QB was because of TR's injury.
And the FACT that he was a 1st team all Big Sky QB

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:58 am

:-$
utucats wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:32 am
grizzh8r wrote:
utucats wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

You’re nuts if you think Andersen will make the offense better.

MSU has been more effective on offense this year with someone else at QB despite Ifanse having missed most of the season and Troy being about 75%.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:34 am

utucats wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
utucats wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

You are so hung up on this. The reason Troy got that recognition is because he was so productive as the guy who literally took the snap from the center, meaning he was QB by definition. It had zero to do with his throwing ability. Zero. It's because he scored 21 TDs on the ground. He threw 3 TDs and 7 interceptions, and averaged 92 yards per game.

Troy would've been replaced by Tucker in the bye week last year.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Steve Steverson
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Steve Steverson » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Too lazy to read this thread, but if everyone is agreeing that Troy is awesome then I agree. I’d keep him running some wildcat, put him at RB a few times and keep working with him at LB in hopes he can use his God given talents to make him some money at the next level. Simple!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:39 pm

Steve Steverson wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:03 pm
Too lazy to read this thread, but if everyone is agreeing that Troy is awesome then I agree. I’d keep him running some wildcat, put him at RB a few times and keep working with him at LB in hopes he can use his God given talents to make him some money at the next level. Simple!
It truly is as simple as this. No sense in making it any more than exactly what you said.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:25 am

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:30 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:34 am
utucats wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
utucats wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

You are so hung up on this. The reason Troy got that recognition is because he was so productive as the guy who literally took the snap from the center, meaning he was QB by definition. It had zero to do with his throwing ability. Zero. It's because he scored 21 TDs on the ground. He threw 3 TDs and 7 interceptions, and averaged 92 yards per game.

With Troy back there we had a threat to score on any given play. Do you believe that about Rovig? It doesn’t matter how, the point is we’ve lost that at the position.

We are a run first team. Put your best run threat back there and work to improve his passing game. As many have pointed out all year, he only needs to manage the game and complete enough to keep the D honest.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:13 pm

utucats wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:30 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:34 am
utucats wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
utucats wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

With Troy back there we had a threat to score on any given play. Do you believe that about Rovig? It doesn’t matter how, the point is we’ve lost that at the position.

We are a run first team. Put your best run threat back there and work to improve his passing game. As many have pointed out all year, he only needs to manage the game and complete enough to keep the D honest.
But we are better in nearly every offensive stat you can dig up from last year to this year. Including our record. Why would we want a worse offense as a whole just to have Andersen at qb?

I don’t know thst you’d find a single cat fan, coach, or player who doesn’t love TA. But numbers don’t lie. Why wouldn’t we just keep trying to improve our effiency on offense that is already better than last season?

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:56 pm

Plus, every team has had a year to game plan for Troy. He isn't as effective running this year.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:03 pm

There is a reason that on almost every college team and even the nfl, the qb is almost never the best athlete on the team. Is it because all those coaches are morons and should be playing a runningback, wide receiver or DB at quarterback? After all, these are usually the best athletes on the field capable of scoring every time they touch the ball....

StatedImprovement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by StatedImprovement » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:21 pm

It's beyond amazing how hard the posters on this thread try to ignore that Anderson is injured and his accomplishments or lack thereof, this year prove that Fact in spite of anyone's opinions

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:57 pm

I seem to remember he was injured most of last year too including a knee.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:16 pm

Bump

Counter Assault

Post by Counter Assault » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:39 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:56 pm
Plus, every team has had a year to game plan for Troy. He isn't as effective running this year.
The primary reason for that is a high ankle sprain early in the season.