Ifanse concern?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Ifanse concern?

Post by Camo_Cat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:18 pm

The official box score from the Sac game lists 1 carry for 0 yards for Ifanse, but quite honestly, I don't recall seeing him in the game. Yes, it's nice that we have now have a couple weeks to get him healed up and back, but our running game is so much more dynamic with Ifanse in the lineup. Not knocking our other guys, because they have been rock solid. But Ifanse just brings that "it" factor and causes tackling problems for other teams.

With as big of a game as that was last weekend, you would have thought we would see him if he was healthy (or close to it). Would he have made a difference? I believe so. With Ifanse back there, you don't need to run the wildcat near as often, and you give Rovig a big time tool to help alleviate pressure in the pass game.

I really hope this young man can get back on the field against UND in 2 weeks. We are really gonna need him down the home stretch.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Ifanse concern?

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:27 pm

yup. not having ifanse has been a HUGE blow. I really like the other RB's we have on the team... but ifanse is a legitimate All-American type talent, which is pretty difficult to replace.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:18 pm
The official box score from the Sac game lists 1 carry for 0 yards for Ifanse, but quite honestly, I don't recall seeing him in the game. Yes, it's nice that we have now have a couple weeks to get him healed up and back, but our running game is so much more dynamic with Ifanse in the lineup. Not knocking our other guys, because they have been rock solid. But Ifanse just brings that "it" factor and causes tackling problems for other teams.

With as big of a game as that was last weekend, you would have thought we would see him if he was healthy (or close to it). Would he have made a difference? I believe so. With Ifanse back there, you don't need to run the wildcat near as often, and you give Rovig a big time tool to help alleviate pressure in the pass game.

I really hope this young man can get back on the field against UND in 2 weeks. We are really gonna need him down the home stretch.
He went out of that Cal Poly game after that big run in the 3rd quarter. He tweaked the knee again. He was doubtful for the Sac game but still dressed out and got stuffed on one run. Then he didn't play after that.

We need him for the stretch run. Simple as that.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Ifanse plays perfectly into the gameplan of wearing opposing teams down. Hell even Logan Jones fits this mold this year, he has been running very tough but he is also banged up.

We need both of those guys healthy. I like Shane Perry a lot but he isn't an every down back at this point.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:32 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:33 pm
Ifanse plays perfectly into the gameplan of wearing opposing teams down. Hell even Logan Jones fits this mold this year, he has been running very tough but he is also banged up.

We need both of those guys healthy. I like Shane Perry a lot but he isn't an every down back at this point.
I don't even recall seeing Tucker or Sumner in on offense. Are they hurt too? Maybe let RJ take some runs up the gut Cal Poly style.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:35 pm

technoCat wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:32 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:33 pm

I don't even recall seeing Tucker or Sumner in on offense. Are they hurt too? Maybe let RJ take some runs up the gut Cal Poly style.
I get the feeling the coaches are going to try and redshirt KT. I think Lane is dinged up and/or Perry has earned the reps.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:41 pm

We were told in pre-game that Ifanse was out for the game. He was out there during warmups, but wasn't in the rotation when they practiced plays. They put him in the game and he did run once. So he's close to being ready and I would have to think he'll start vs. UND. Hopefully he can get a week of practice in before then. He's probably only had about 5-6 weeks of in-season practice during his career.

Yes, Ifanse is a step up from the rest of the backs. Mainly because he's very consistent and dependable. Rarely gets dropped for a loss and rarely fumbles or makes bad decisions.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Been discussed before but at what point should he be a redshirt candidate. Hate to see him only play for a few games. It appeared against Cal Poly he reaggravated knee injury.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:07 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:34 pm
Been discussed before but at what point should he be a redshirt candidate. Hate to see him only play for a few games. It appeared against Cal Poly he reaggravated knee injury.
Well the Big Sky Conf stats page has him at 5 games already, so that's out the window.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:25 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:07 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Well the Big Sky Conf stats page has him at 5 games already, so that's out the window.
I was discussing this on egriz too. Fans are always quick to want to redshirt players! We’re 5-2 with a very limited running back. If the staff and Infanse both knew all along he was on pace to be healthy for our last 5 games and a playoff run redshirting him likely wasn’t even considered.

If he plays against UND and gets hurt and basically isn’t a factor the rest of the way it’ll look like we blew it. That’s why coaching is hard! These guys have to make countless huge decisions that not just impact wins and losses for the fans.....but also impact their livelihoods.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:43 pm

superbobcat wrote:
The lone run he had vs Sac St eliminated his 4-game redshirt rule. It’s why I found it odd they’d run him out for one play. He must be close to being back 100 percent or they probably wouldn’t have done that.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:43 pm
superbobcat wrote:
The lone run he had vs Sac St eliminated his 4-game redshirt rule. It’s why I found it odd they’d run him out for one play. He must be close to being back 100 percent or they probably wouldn’t have done that.
Ifanse actually has had the most snaps at qb this season just like I predicted he would. He’s been maybe the best signal caller we’ve had. I think you owe me an apology...

:coffee:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:32 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:52 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
superbobcat wrote:
Ifanse actually has had the most snaps at qb this season just like I predicted he would. He’s been maybe the best signal caller we’ve had. I think you owe me an apology...

Ifanse at QB?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:22 am

allcat wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:32 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
superbobcat wrote:

Ifanse at QB?
I was just quoting GA who had an asinine comment in the gameday thread. Of course I called him on it and of course he hasn’t responded.

He claimed TA has more offensive snaps than Rovig; just like he predicted. More inexplicably the FTG1984 kid agreed with the claim and spouted off he predicted the same thing! Two great minds.

The problem was that TA has taken 33 snaps and Rovig is currently sitting at 117 snaps. So I just assumed if this is the game we’re playing, why not just make anything up about any circumstance the rest of the way?!

But my infanse comment was very tongue in cheek and was idiotic. Just like the comments about Andersen having more snaps than Rovig....

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:52 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:22 am
allcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
superbobcat wrote:

Ifanse at QB?
I was just quoting GA who had an asinine comment in the gameday thread. Of course I called him on it and of course he hasn’t responded.

He claimed TA has more offensive snaps than Rovig; just like he predicted. More inexplicably the FTG1984 kid agreed with the claim and spouted off he predicted the same thing! Two great minds.

The problem was that TA has taken 33 snaps and Rovig is currently sitting at 117 snaps. So I just assumed if this is the game we’re playing, why not just make anything up about any circumstance the rest of the way?!

But my infanse comment was very tongue in cheek and was idiotic. Just like the comments about Andersen having more snaps than Rovig....
@FTG_1984 Is still on here? That's brave....He still hasn't paid up from our bet.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:56 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:52 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
allcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
superbobcat wrote:

Ifanse at QB?

@FTG_1984 Is still on here? That's brave....He still hasn't paid up from our bet.
Only snowflakes pay for bets.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:07 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:52 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
allcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
superbobcat wrote:

Ifanse at QB?

I’m not sure how he/she will pay without revealing his/her identity. I’ve sensed that he/she is a Griz fan and therefore doesn’t want anyone to know his/her name. Definitely doesn’t want to donate money to MSU. Probably had no intention of paying and will ignore any posts that mention it. GA operates the same way. If proven wrong he/she just doesn’t come back to that thread knowing that eventually everyone will move on to the next hot button issue.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Good stuff girls. I said TA had taken more snaps than Rovig IN THAT GAME. Ilovethecats loves twisting stuff by pointing to the entire season. Here is my exact quote, keep in mind this is from the Sac St game thread (a single game):

“I think TA has officially taken more snaps than Rovig has. Ilovethecats, you owe me an apology. You gave me a ton of ****** saying that would never ever happen”

At the time I made the statement, Rovig had only taken 2 more snaps than TA at that point. It was Rovig with 11, Jonsen with 10 and TA with 9. So TA and Jonsen at that moment had twice the snaps as your QB1. This is something that ilovethecats said would never happen. Coaches tried to use TA and Jonsen more than Rovig until they desperately needed to throw after getting down 3 scores.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:59 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:04 pm
Good stuff girls. I said TA had taken more snaps than Rovig IN THAT GAME. Ilovethecats loves twisting stuff by pointing to the entire season. Here is my exact quote, keep in mind this is from the Sac St game thread (a single game):

“I think TA has officially taken more snaps than Rovig has. Ilovethecats, you owe me an apology. You gave me a ton of ****** saying that would never ever happen”

At the time I made the statement, Rovig had only taken 2 more snaps than TA at that point. It was Rovig with 11, Jonsen with 10 and TA with 9. So TA and Jonsen at that moment had twice the snaps as your QB1. This is something that ilovethecats said would never happen. Coaches tried to use TA and Jonsen more than Rovig until they desperately needed to throw after getting down 3 scores.
Why would anyone take take to mean you were talking about just one game? Your initial statement, and the entire discussion, has always been about the season, so no one is going to think you’re talking about just that game unless you state that’s what you mean, which you didn’t do. Iltc didn’t twist anything. You’re just stepping outside the bounds of the discussion without prefacing your remarks. You’re an utter failure at debate.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:09 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:59 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Why would anyone take take to mean you were talking about just one game? Your initial statement, and the entire discussion, has always been about the season, so no one is going to think you’re talking about just that game unless you state that’s what you mean, which you didn’t do. Iltc didn’t twist anything. You’re just stepping outside the bounds of the discussion without prefacing your remarks. You’re an utter failure at debate.
Hmmm maybe because it was in the game thread for The Sac St game and then generated further discussion in the topic in that same thread. Not surprised how slow you are on this uptake though. Life is hard.