When It's Bye Week

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

When It's Bye Week

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:01 pm

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: When It's Bye Week

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:18 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup:

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:40 am

I’m thinking MSU couldn’t wait for the bye week. Would’ve been nice if it came a week ago. MSU has a chance to heal up and fix some things. If MSU had to play UND without Ifanse and with its bungling ways, then I’d have a hard time picking it to win and UND isn’t that good.

Baseball teams that average three errors a game, basketball teams that average 15 turnovers a game and football teams that make mistakes at the consistent rate MSU does don’t win much.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:26 am

I hope during bye week the coaches let Padmos go back to his regular punting form and that we never again see that stupid roll punt. Why the coaches want him doing that is just stupid.

Punters are people too!!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:33 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:40 am
I’m thinking MSU couldn’t wait for the bye week. Would’ve been nice if it came a week ago. MSU has a chance to heal up and fix some things. If MSU had to play UND without Ifanse and with its bungling ways, then I’d have a hard time picking it to win and UND isn’t that good.

Baseball teams that average three errors a game, basketball teams that average 15 turnovers a game and football teams that make mistakes at the consistent rate MSU does don’t win much.
Its been said a couple times in multiple threads but I think it applies here. I think everyone knows/thinks we have the athletes/talent to beat Sac(even at QB contrary to many opinions). They beat us in all 3 phases and didn't make any mistakes(what did they have like 2 penalties?). We made a TON of mistakes and had 3 chances in the redzone to get back in the game. Lets say we get 1 or 2 more stops in the critical part of the game, then maybe our run it down your throat offense is able to wear down the SSU defense. Maybe Thomson starts pressing a bit. Let's put that TD on the board that we lost on a frankly 50/50 call of whether they stop the play or its a free play.

The reason I reiterate all this isn't to make it sound like we are better than we are. I think that having the bye after our first loss of the season after our cavalier ways have finally caught up to us is perfect. If they don't come out with a renewed sense of focus and understanding of what it takes to win CONSISTENTLY in the BSC, then it absolutely is on the coaches and we need to start questioning if they can get the job done.

Plus it would be super nice to get Ifanse and the rest of the RBs healthy! A healthy group there could have made a big difference as well and maybe removed some of our reliance on running the wildcat.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:39 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:40 am

Love it! :lol: Thanks for the chuckle Tom.

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:11 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:26 am
I hope during bye week the coaches let Padmos go back to his regular punting form and that we never again see that stupid roll punt. Why the coaches want him doing that is just stupid.
Because it’s effective more often than not

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:58 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:11 am
GoCats18 wrote:
No, it really isn’t. How many NFL punters do you see roll punt? None. I have seen Padmos in pregame doing his normal punting technique, and he is way better at that then roll punting. They are just hoping with the roll punt that it bounces over the returner and rolls to 5. Doesn’t happen as much as you think.

Punters are people too!!

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:06 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:58 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
No, it really isn’t. How many NFL punters do you see roll punt? None. I have seen Padmos in pregame doing his normal punting technique, and he is way better at that then roll punting. They are just hoping with the roll punt that it bounces over the returner and rolls to 5. Doesn’t happen as much as you think.
I bet it happens more than you think.
It doesn’t look as pretty so people don’t think it’s effective. I can’t count how many times Ive heard people around me in the stands complain about another bad punt because it didnt get sky high, all the while it’s angled to the sideline and rolls out at the 12 yard line and ends up being a 50+ yd punt.

The reason he’s such a weapon is that he can do both, depending on what’s needed at that time.
Before this seasons over I’d put money on him picking up a first down on a fake punt because of the roll out.

The head scratcher is that he seems to absolutely shank one every couple of games, and he’s done that out of both styles.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:11 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
I believe it was Cat Chat last week when Padmos was on, and if I remember correctly he said the rugby style was his favorite and he works the most on traditional punting but it isn't as natural to him, something along those lines anyway.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:55 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:11 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
I believe it was Cat Chat last week when Padmos was on, and if I remember correctly he said the rugby style was his favorite and he works the most on traditional punting but it isn't as natural to him, something along those lines anyway.
Wasn't the roll out punting style that made him a hero in Cat/Griz last year??

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:14 pm

Roll punting also provides more time for our coverage to get downfield.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."