The Official-unofficial Bobcat-sac st gameday thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

chainbreaker
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: The Official-unofficial Bobcat-sac st gameday thread

Post by chainbreaker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:34 pm

grizaddict, yes some of Rovig's passing yards came late in game against prevent. AND, he was something like 6-9 in first half for 70-80? (granted the INT was a bad decision on Rovig's part to try and throw.....and to who was it intended for?) Not great but not bad considering the O often had 10 or 15 or 85 at QB/wildcat.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:34 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:24 pm
Hi line. Take a breath dude.
Good point, sorry. Isn’t it obvious though? Maybe I’m crazy, but goddamn.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:39 pm

chainbreaker wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:34 pm
grizaddict, yes some of Rovig's passing yards came late in game against prevent. AND, he was something like 6-9 in first half for 70-80? (granted the INT was a bad decision on Rovig's part to try and throw.....and to who was it intended for?) Not great but not bad considering the O often had 10 or 15 or 85 at QB/wildcat.
The pick was a result of the ball or his hand getting hit. It was clear on the replay

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Today our WR played too much QB and our QB played too much WR.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:31 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:28 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:22 pm
Oh god the QBR rating. Rovig played more at wideout than he did at QB, but at least he had a good rating. ****** the coaches know he isn’t good and not a big sky QB so that’s why they didn’t play him there, that’s all you need to know right there.

Good reads, good zip, and QBR, hahaha. GA is right this team is ****** unless they get a QB. And the defense, well hell its tough to play when your offense is terrible. Wasted talent is an understatement.
Many are going to point to Rovig having good passing stats. So much of that came against a prevent defense. Sac St dropped everyone and let them have everything underneath. He hit some of those throws. He missed some too.
So.much of it my @ss. He had good numbers through the middle of the 4th while Sac was bringing pressure. Deep ball to Kassis is a perfect example of that. Also had a td taken away on that bs dead ball call.
Sorry man. Check the drive chart. He was 7-11 for 129 Through 3 quarters. In the 3 drives in the 4th against mostly a prevent defense he went 9-18 for 133. That’s where most his numbers came in.

Cat4LifeHouseDivided

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:44 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Oh god the QBR rating. Rovig played more at wideout than he did at QB, but at least he had a good rating. ****** the coaches know he isn’t good and not a big sky QB so that’s why they didn’t play him there, that’s all you need to know right there.

Good reads, good zip, and QBR, hahaha. GA is right this team is ****** unless they get a QB. And the defense, well hell its tough to play when your offense is terrible. Wasted talent is an understatement.
Many are going to point to Rovig having good passing stats. So much of that came against a prevent defense. Sac St dropped everyone and let them have everything underneath. He hit some of those throws. He missed some too.
So.much of it my @ss. He had good numbers through the middle of the 4th while Sac was bringing pressure. Deep ball to Kassis is a perfect example of that. Also had a td taken away on that bs dead ball call.
Sorry man. Check the drive chart. He was 7-11 for 129 Through 3 quarters. In the 3 drives in the 4th against mostly a prevent defense he went 9-18 for 133. That’s where most his numbers came in.
Playing from behind also does that you know. 11 yards per attempt and completing 63% of passes in the 1st 3 quarters is fine...especially given you spouting off about his 6.5 ypa earlier.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:49 pm

chainbreaker wrote:
I thought he actually played pretty well today. Can’t be easy getting yanked and moved all around. My only point was many who don’t think the QB is hurting the offense in any way will say look he was 16-29 for 262. I’m just saying it goes further than that. A lot of that was in 4th Q with a prevent defense. He was 7-11 for 129 prior to 4th. In his 3 drives in 4th he went 9-18 for 133 and a TD. That’s the majority of his production (if you compare his 4th Q to prior 3). Like I said, he didn’t play horribly today but I don’t think he’s helping your O either.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:48 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Playing from behind also does that you know. 11 yards per attempt and completing 63% of passes in the 1st 3 quarters is fine...especially given you spouting off about his 6.5 ypa earlier.
Sounds good. It’s my opinion he’s not helping your offense. Sorry you disagree with that but I respect your opinion. All good here.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Why is our o-line free of ridicule this game? Pick was their fault. 4 sacks is on them. Not getting in from the 1. They were letting free rushers up the middle all game.

Rovig made plays all day when given the chance. Other than the last drive, Sac was not playing prevent. At some point y'alls constant attempt to put this on one player just comes off as lazy and entitled.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:24 pm
Hi line. Take a breath dude.
Good point, sorry. Isn’t it obvious though? Maybe I’m crazy, but goddamn.
I’m frustrated with this loss too (especially how it happened). I’m more worried teams can use this as a template. Good teams can sell out and we will throw an int or get a sack. That worries me more than anything. I’m going to Chaulk it up to a bad coaching and bad line day. We will destroy next 3 opponents.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:05 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

That’s correct, hate to agree with you GA, but I can call a spade a spade, your right.

If your left, you aren’t right.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:10 pm

I'd rather have 7-11 than 9-18. Coaches panicked after the interception and went away from any sense of a cohesive game plan.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Cat4LifeHouseDivided

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:05 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

That’s correct, hate to agree with you GA, but I can call a spade a spade, your right.
Since when was 63% completion rate something to hate on? He looked fine when he was in there. Again, you have numbers like Tuckers in the 4th when you play from behind. If Tucker was as bad as you make him seem, he wouldnt hit throws against the prevent either. Keep it up armchair. Legend in your own mind

85CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 85CatGrad » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:25 pm

First, SAC is a damn good team. Easily a top 10 team! We on the other hand belong at 15 to 20.
Second, if we swap QB's we would have won this game. Rovig's numbers may have been respectable, but when it counted he couldn't deliver. A good QB would have kept 3 or 4 of those drives alive and added least 14 to our total and likely kept them off the field.
Third, o-line and d-line got manhandled. When that happens you lose most of the time.
Finally, We need to find an answer at the QB position or we will be a second round and out team at best.

bcats

Post by bcats » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:28 pm

I frustrated more with the running calls then I am with Rovig. Whether it is Jonsen or Andersen taking the snap all any defense has to do is tackle the QB. Key on the QB because they never give it up! Make someone else beat you and it’s easy. Then when Rovig is in key on the RB. We run a lot of noise but no substance at a defense. Sac on the other hand runs tons of pre motion that gives them the angles for the play and our defense failed to adjust getting out flanked and out schemed continuously. If Ty got let go because of his defenses inability to get off the field on 3rd and long the Kane may not make it past the bye week. That was the biggest problem today. 3rd and long conversions that were just way to easy.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Just my opinion-- Byron Stulc

Cat4LifeHouseDivided

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:29 pm

85CatGrad wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:25 pm
First, SAC is a damn good team. Easily a top 10 team! We on the other hand belong at 15 to 20.
Second, if we swap QB's we would have won this game. Rovig's numbers may have been respectable, but when it counted he couldn't deliver. A good QB would have kept 3 or 4 of those drives alive and added least 14 to our total and likely kept them off the field.
Third, o-line and d-line got manhandled. When that happens you lose most of the time.
Finally, We need to find an answer at the QB position or we will be a second round and out team at best.
Swapped qbs...and what had Bauman shown you that told you he wouldve done any better? Or are you one of these let the number 3 guy play people? Tucker stepped up fine. Delivered a deep ball to kassid when needed, hit jonsen on the slant when needed. Redzone play calling bit us and most of that fell to TA or TJ taking snaps.

Cat4LifeHouseDivided

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:30 pm

bcats wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:28 pm
I frustrated more with the running calls then I am with Rovig. Whether it is Jonsen or Andersen taking the snap all any defense has to do is tackle the QB. Key on the QB because they never give it up! Make someone else beat you and it’s easy. Then when Rovig is in key on the RB. We run a lot of noise but no substance at a defense. Sac on the other hand runs tons of pre motion that gives them the angles for the play and our defense failed to adjust getting out flanked and out schemed continuously. If Ty got let go because of his defenses inability to get off the field on 3rd and long the Kane may not make it past the bye week. That was the biggest problem today. 3rd and long conversions that were just way to easy.
Defense was bad today especially 3rd down. However, Kane's defenses have gotten off the field better this year than Tys did.

85CatGrad

Post by 85CatGrad » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:29 pm
85CatGrad wrote:
Swapped qbs...and what had Bauman shown you that told you he wouldve done any better? Or are you one of these let the number 3 guy play people? Tucker stepped up fine. Delivered a deep ball to kassid when needed, hit jonsen on the slant when needed. Redzone play calling bit us and most of that fell to TA or TJ taking snaps.
B

Easy Francis, I meant if we swap QB's with SAC we win. Bauman likely wouldn't have done much better. Plain and simple we are not strong at the QB position.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:54 pm

85CatGrad wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:36 pm
85CatGrad wrote:
B

Easy Francis, I meant if we swap QB's with SAC we win. Bauman likely wouldn't have done much better. Plain and simple we are not strong at the QB position.
Swapping QB’s wouldn’t have done anything today. Hell, Tom Brady wouldn’t have won us the game today. Tucker was ok today, not great not terrible, but our OL and pretty much entire defense lost the game today. Coaching certainly didn’t help either.

GO CATS GO!!!

85CatGrad

Post by 85CatGrad » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:56 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:54 pm
85CatGrad wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:36 pm
85CatGrad wrote:
B

Swapping QB’s wouldn’t have done anything today. Hell, Tom Brady wouldn’t have won us the game today. Tucker was ok today, not great not terrible, but our OL and pretty much entire defense lost the game today. Coaching certainly didn’t help either.

Are you for real! Their QB is a freaking stud, while ours is just average at best. Pull you head out of the Blue & Gold grass Francis!